Thread: minor issues on a duo ?

Thanks

minor issues on a duo ?

hi

ever since I updated to the latest vix 3 + online updates I have a few minor niggles

the lan settings (fixed) keep turning off when I boot from cold (its not switched on overnight)

also the 2 mounts keep reverting to my usb stick as hdd and the actual hdd as sdb1, so I have to reset them again too

normally I have them set as hdd to hdd , and usb to the rear usb stick

the box is currently up to date if I check for a software update

also I have a divx file I checked using mediaplayer and it is always in the playlist so I have to remove it, but it reappears daily

I checked for saved playlists and cannot find any, either in the duo menus, or by looking in the mediaplayer folder using flash fxp

as I say , minor niggles, but there nevertheless

never tried bh or bp as I stuck with vix 3 using python 2.7 ever since it arrived

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi echeion,

Don't know what (python 2.7) is, so not sure if
    Openspa has it.

I have a (VU+ Uno) and like you loved the Vix.
    Then I tried (Openspa) and it's as good as Vix.
    Don't know it its as good on the tech side as
    the Vix is, but I love it's resolution setting
    of (1080p 60hz) upscaling.

BF.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi echelon,

Another step forward, not to do directly with the Uno
    is, My last LG LCD Software Update (LG 55LM760T) on
    2 Jan this month had a (Simplink) App installed on the LG.
    Soft Ver 04-20-23.

No need to chose (HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 or).
    You just turn on the Uno and the Tvs (Simplink) Auto detects the
    Uno in HDMI socked and switches directly to the
    Uno's HDMI socket.

BF.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbigfoot View Post
    Hi echelon,

Another step forward, not to do directly with the Uno
    is, My last LG LCD Software Update (LG 55LM760T) on
    2 Jan this month had a (Simplink) App installed on the LG.
    Soft Ver 04-20-23.

No need to chose (HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 or).
    You just turn on the Uno and the Tvs (Simplink) Auto detects the
    Uno in HDMI socked and switches directly to the
    Uno's HDMI socket.

BF.
    thanks, but vix 3 is oe2.0 and uses python 2.7 in its image, never heard of the openspa one you mentioned as I have only ever used vix on this duo

its still doing the same from bootup, meaning I have to switch on the lan each time is adapter settings (green save does not fix this) and the usb and hdd keep changing mount points and need remounting back to usb and hdd respectively

Banned
    Thanks
    Spa Team make great images but sadly releases are far and few between. The "issues" I am seeing here are not just limited to VIX or VU. Same on AZBox which in addition has become fussy about some of the divx avi's it will and will not play and yet AZPlay plays them all? Seems to be inherrent on all OpenPli hybrid images.

I did a settings in mediaplay and told it to "not save play list" on exit and then did an exit and a GUI restart which fixed it always having the same movie in the play list. I also set the folder to my main media share on my NAS. This is also the case on my 800SE but it is not fussy about the avi's. So my guess is different codec packs in PLi & Nemesis. Wish I knew where they were.

I stopped doing on line updates when I was still using OpenRSI 3 because I found that quite often for some reason media player & crossEPG went funny thereafter. Instead I only now update when there have been major changes that I have been waiting for and then I do a full reflash. Found the same to be true on OpenRTi 3.0 & OpenAZBox too but this seems to be fixed in releases 3-4 which IMHO is the best image for AZBox EVER. Finally!!!

Not sure any of the above helps but it at least reveals that some of the "issues" are not personal.

Thanks
    staying with vix for the moment

updated the box online to vix 3.0.569

also added the box as a fixed ip address to my approved list of attached lan devices in my netgear router which reserves the ip address just for the vu,then I changed it back to dhcp on and rebooted and it is passing all network tests as green

have to see if it remains the same now after being switched off overnight, or if it says lan = OFF like it has been doing

Thanks
    vix latest update still fails after a cold boot and has the network reset to OFF

I have to put it back on to either dhcp on, or a fixed ip, save and restert the network for it to work

I then find it hasnt mounted my laptop or nas as external mountpoints so I have to remount them manually again

it hasnt swapped my internal hdd or usb stick yet

clearly there seem to be some issues in this vix, so may have to swap to BH after saving my image and settings

addendum

after thinking about this, I realise that after I reflashed the last image onto the duo (after saving my settings and advice from other members), I imported my old settings as advised

I now suspect that the new image doesnt like those old settings so a complete reflash and start again is probably the best way forward, no matter which image I use

(the old vix would not update online as they have changed stuff around and required a reflash of the newest image)

Thanks
    I can suggest you try BH even if you dont want to. Just give it a shot. I have it on all my vu boxes. Very stable.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    I can suggest you try BH even if you dont want to. Just give it a shot. I have it on all my vu boxes. Very stable.
    ok, have flashed the box with the BH 1.7.9 image posted in dec 2012 here (oe16. , python 2.6) , and added or installed plugins and emus etc
    reloaded my catseye channel list and got most of it sorted

but 2 problems at the moment

cant seem to setup crossepg to give me 24/7 epg like I had in the vix3 image, can anyone give me guidance on crossepg as it would be most helpful

and the noip dyndns updater posted by compass wont load, anyone help on that plugin please ?

thanks

Vu+UNO [ViX-3.0-558-Build CCcam MGcamd][with keys][SpiderBox HD & SD]
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    ok, have flashed the box with the BH 1.7.9 image posted in dec 2012 here (oe16. , python 2.6) , and added or installed plugins and emus etc
    reloaded my catseye channel list and got most of it sorted

but 2 problems at the moment

cant seem to setup crossepg to give me 24/7 epg like I had in the vix3 image, can anyone give me guidance on crossepg as it would be most helpful

and the noip dyndns updater posted by compass wont load, anyone help on that plugin please ?

thanks
    the pm info might help you with NO-IP

edited

Thanks
    Menu > setup > CrossEPG > configure > from here choose your storage device, then then the EPG you need.
    Personally I use open TV for Sky UK

V.I.P
    Thanks

Blackhole 1.7.9. echelon.

Hi echelon,

Date downloaded (26/01/13).

Don't know if this will help with (EPG).

Blackhole Vu+ Duo v 179 Full Motor
    Backup by Ferret.

Based on B/Hole 1.7.9.

Smargo activated in kernel'

CCcam nan ecm fix applied.

Emus Added.

Mgcamd 1.38c.

CCcam 2.3.0.

CCcam 2.1.3.

Interesting Plugins.

BBC iplayer.

ITV iplayer.

1channel Film & Series Streamer.

Icefilms Film & Series Streamer.

Plugins/Addons

CCcam Info 1.3

Cool Mans TV Guide Setup to work with EPGs Configured
    Picon Path /Media/USB/picons.

Channel Settingss.
    Catseye Full Motor 20/01/13.

BF.

Thanks
    now running BH 1.7.9 so thanks for the help so far

if I try to setup a 96 meg swap file it never displays my usb stick, just says hard disk and doesnt allow me to change it to usb stick

(I have the usb stick mounted as usb and the hdd mounted as hard disk in the mountpoints)

does anyone know how I can configure the swap file to use the usb stick please ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    if your usb is indeed mounted correctly, i would first remove the existing swap on the hdd then reboot not restart the gui

then without any swap at all enabled at all, i would then try again to create a swap on the usb.

Ian.

ps 96 meg is not really big enough,you should use a min of 128
    Last edited by ian; 05-02-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    if your usb is indeed mounted correctly, i would first remove the existing swap on the hdd then reboot not restart the gui

then without any swap at all enabled at all, i would then try again to create a swap on the usb.

Ian.

ps 96 meg is not really big enough,you should use a min of 128
    ok , that worked after disabling and rebooting , and deleting the swapfile and rebooting from a clean boot

I then got a CREATE option which let me set the usb stick and 128m was shown as one of the many options, so now set up as usb stick at 128m and autoswap enabled too

Thanks
    can somebody point me at a good tutorial to setup and use crossepg on a duo running BH 179 (or any tutorials for that matter)

I have a usb stick in the rear socket and mounted ok, and a hdd mounted as hdd ok too

the box is switched off overnight

I want the box to update the epg without sticking on a radio channel like my dm800 running edg currently does, and this shows a screen showing RADIO - BLACKHOLE onscreen with DVB-SERVICE on the oled if I force it manually from the plugins

so I want it to boot up from cold, download or update the 24/7 epg in the background if possible and populate it, preferably without going to a radio channel, or to go to a start channel like bbc1HD after epg population and also to save to the usb mounted rear stick too (where the picons and swapfile are)

it seemed to do this automatically in vix 3 but can never get it to work properly in bh and am sure its a settings issue

I would think we need a really good crossepg tutorial anyway, is somebody can oblige ?

thanks

Thanks
    running bh 1.79 on my duo the flash is at 99% but was at 100% and is causing me issues so I was wondering how I can reduce the size of the flash to something like 95% to make it run properly ? I have tried to reduce the plugins but not getting much of a reduction

I assume I cannot increase the size of the flash memory by adding more memory ?

so is there a way of cleaning up the flash files to reduce the load ?

or is bh 2.01 more economical due to it being the latest version ?

thanks