Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new image help and advice

Thanks
    I think the problem was a combination of the USB being slow & the Nebula image. Now running HDMU perfectly well on a Cruzer 16GB stick. It was worth the persisting.

Thanks
    Good Afternoon,

I thought I would let you know that I have successfully managed to run the USB HDMU E2 image on my Icecrypt S3600. I have downloaded all the channel lists but I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.
    Firstly, I have a USB HDD connected which worked well (formatted NTFS) with the original firmware but in E2 I can't seem to get it to initialize,so i can't record or timeshift. The HDD is recognised though?
    Secondly, the box is connected to the internet via lan but my ip address seems to change every time I re-boot so I have to keep checking the address before I can connect with Dreambox Edit or Filezilla. The original firmware kept the same ip address so why does it now keep changing?
    Thirdly, I am trying to add a cline which worked perfectly well previously in xcam. I now have cccam installed as a plugin and have amended the cccam config file but it doesn't seem to work. Should I be using a different softcam?
    Finally, once those issues are figured out, what are the best plugins available? Does Icefilm work with this image?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I havent tried the icecrypt on an E2 image but do have other E2 boxes so will help where I think I can

1) linux hdd are formatted in ext so you will need to use that option and not ntfs which is a windows format.. this is usually done from the box menus themselves and therefore not on a pc

2) use a fixed ip by turning off dhcp and setting it manually yourself, and also allocate that fixed ip in the router settings too

3) there are plenty of cccam tutorials etc on the forum here, in the newbie dreambox section and cccam section
    ..just ensure it follows the conventional format and is in the cccam.cfg file
    ..( C: nameserver.no-ip.org 12000 username password )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Armpit1UK (19-03-2013)

Thanks
    Thanks for the pointers Echelon. I'll keep trying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12