Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Universes help

Thanks

Universes help

Has anyone got Universes working on BH 2.0.1 on Ultimo?
    If yes could you please detail the process you used.
    I have used a 16GB USB memory stick, went to Blue-Blue into USB format wizard and created 3 partitions and formatted using Ext2 which seemed to be the recommended. At this point the box says yo must reboot to continue. However this is where everything sticks. On reboot the box simply sits with a blue screen for about 5 minutes and then reverts to the random flashing dots you get during install. No matter how long i wait it never proceeds to complete reboot.
    I have switched off and removed the USB stick and system reboots fine.
    Reinserting the USB stick and going Blue-Blue Device manager shows three partitions as well as harddrive, all are Not Mapped.
    I have tried setting one partition to Universe and three partitions to Universes but again on reboot the system refuses to reboot, behaving as previous.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next and would seriously like some advice.

Many thanks in advance

VU+ ULTIMO, 1.2M 36v Motorised Visiosat, VBox III, Invacom C120 Quad LNB, Visiosat Feedhorn
    Blackhole v2.0.1 also HTPC with Skystar HD2.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,255 Times in 666 Posts
    try formatting the usb on your pc with fat 32 I don't have the ultimo but had the same on my uno

Thanks
    have you done the online update aswell

Thanks
    I wouldnt put it in your PC unless its linux
    i have just done this on my solo2,blue ,blue USB format wizard follow instructions ,i used 1 partition,blue blue devices manager look for usb stick mount as /universe reboot long press red your in,why 3 partitions mate i just did 1
    Last edited by simon 2003; 04-03-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks
    Many thanks for suggestions. Updates done a few hours ago so fully up to date. Tried Fat32 single partition but not visible under devices manager on reboot.
    Simon 2003 could you specify which format you choose when formatting you USB Stick. The system offers 4 options. I choose Ext2 as this was identified as for USB Media Devices.
    I wanted 3 universes to allow members of the family to customise their own universe. The system is suppossed to support 4 universes.
    I would initially be happy just to get one working, but system dosen't want to play ball.

I'll go through the process again with just one partition and see what happens.
    If anyone else has done this successfully on the Ultimo please comment.

VU+ ULTIMO, 1.2M 36v Motorised Visiosat, VBox III, Invacom C120 Quad LNB, Visiosat Feedhorn

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I have no idea what universes are but have always used one partition using ext2 (recommended) on my usb sticks on a dm800 , duo and solo2

Thanks
    did you retry the usb foemat wizard m8

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    I have no idea what universes are but have always used one partition using ext2 (recommended) on my usb sticks on a dm800 , duo and solo2
    in black hole universe you have

black hole
    avilon
    chaos
    ghost

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    thanks but still have no idea what they are or for , lol

I havent a clue what more than half the options are in these images , lol

Thanks
    in blac hole you can add the very basic this will then transfer to avilon chaos and ghost
    then set your usb to universe you can enter avilon and add the rest cccamd config so on so on if you remove the usb you only get black hole also if in ghost and you add a skin or some thing that gives gsod you can sort it with out having to reflash you box all over again m8

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DCG For This Useful Post:

simon 2003 (04-03-2013)

Thanks
    not sure it makes a difference but are you using the top usb slot

Thanks
    Appreciate all the comments and contributions.
    I am using the top USB slot on the rear of the Ultimo.
    I have now got a single additional universe (avalon) up and running. However it was not a clean process.
    I used Blue-Blue Format to Ext2 this worked fine until the system required a reboot to complete. The reboot would not proceed until the USB was removed. I then reinserted the USB stick and did Blue-Blue again and used manage devices to Map the USB device to Universe. Again the system wanted to reboot and again i had to remove the USB stick before the reboot would proceed. I again reinserted the USB stick and pressed Long Red, this gave me the option to create another universe which seems to be working.

The Reboot issues are a real pain and i am not sure if this is an Ultimo issue only or are bugs in the BH implementation.
    Getting there was painful and definately not as the instructions stated. So i hope this helps anyone else trying this on the Ultimo.
    At least i can now experiment in Avalon without screwing up the Base install.

Thanks
    I wanted 3 universes to allow members of the family to customise their own universe.

I don't get this bit what you put in one universe transferes to the next then wat you put in there goes to the next

you cant have 4 universes as far as I know

Thanks
    you should only have to do that once and then see
    blackhole
    avilon
    chaos
    and
    ghost
    no need to keep reformatting usb just follow the wizard and dop wat it says

Thanks
    Perhaps my understanding is wrong. I thought that if you had multiple ie 3 partitions on the USB then a universe could be mapped to each partition and modified independently. You can then collapse the universe to the base using Big Bang and all the changes made in the other universes will be incorporated into the Base Black hole.
    I don't know what happens if you have one USB partition and try to use multiple universes.
    Guess i'll have to find out by trial and error.

Would really like to know if the problems i had in getting to a working Universe were my fault, an Ultimo problem or a general Bug problem with BH in general.
    I'm sure there will be plenty of views. I just hope it is helpful.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to casper2 For This Useful Post:

DCG (04-03-2013)

Thanks
    its the first time ive seen this but I might be wrong

Thanks
    I see wat you mean but then surly you would then need a user name and password for that to work so you couldn't muck each others universe up you see

Thanks
    no partitions dont have anything to do with it,no where in the set up guide does it mention partitioning your stick, ,i cannot remember which format i chose but USB media device sounds right,like DCG says you can have an image and throw what you like at it and if goes pear shaped you dont effect base image,yes you have avalon and ghost and chaos just three images to do what you like with independant of each other and the base image

ive read where certain sticks are not liked by vu+ boxes i used sandisk 8g and were fine ,decent branded should be ok

right just gone through the universe process again for you casper
    1. press blue x2 then usb format wizard ,press red untill it tells you to insert your stick and then tries to identify it
    2. then when it recognises click red again and select 1 partition
    3,red again will create partition on stick
    4,select ext2 for USB flash memory then red again to format start takes a minute or so
    5,restart, then blue x2 devices manager ,goto new stick press red for mountpoints select universe as mount point restart ....job done

long press red you will see the below and you can add different settings to each
    blackhole (this is obviously base image)
    avalon (example you might have mgcamd, new age skin)
    chaos (example ,, cccam, hd skin)
    ghost (example oscam ,infinity skin)
    select one then red to jump to it,
    ,big bang you have to be on blackhole just deletes the 3 universe images

also you can force blackhole to start in a universe
    Last edited by simon 2003; 05-03-2013 at 02:26 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to simon 2003 For This Useful Post:

echelon (05-03-2013)

Thanks
    thanks simon m8 but if you add some thing to avilo it also will trans fer to chaos and ghost m8ty there not independent of each other

Thanks
    **edit no mate they are,just tested with skins,,i added next gen and x1 skins to blackhole they are in all universes ,i then added eclipse skin to ghost and that only appears in ghost,
    Last edited by simon 2003; 05-03-2013 at 02:27 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to simon 2003 For This Useful Post:

echelon (05-03-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast