Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which receiver for blindscanning feeds?

Thanks
    It plugs into your small pci express slot.

Looks like the slot for your graphics card but smaller.

It is quite small, the same size as a skystar 2.

dog-man

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
    It plugs into your small pci express slot.

Looks like the slot for your graphics card but smaller.

It is quite small, the same size as a skystar 2.

dog-man

Hi dog-man

yes i know that mate but its hard to find the correct dimensions on line with accurate figures as my board is mATX and where the PCI-e is i have about 7" clearance before i start hitting the RAM modules on the board itself, so thats why i wanted a pretty accurate figure of the cards lengh

Thanks

Banned
    Thanks
    Older boards will probably on have one PCIe slot which I found out to me cost when I bought a Tevii 471 and had to revert back to using the MB's built in video because it was either a new MB, graphics card or tuner card.

More recent MB's have more such slots now but it is now academic because I gave up on the project due to my incompetance at dealing with the software available for such devices.

Thanks
    The card is 12 cm long not including the steel mounting plate.

So that is just the circuit board.

dog-man

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donki View Post
    Older boards will probably on have one PCIe slot which I found out to me cost when I bought a Tevii 471 and had to revert back to using the MB's built in video because it was either a new MB, graphics card or tuner card.

More recent MB's have more such slots now but it is now academic because I gave up on the project due to my incompetance at dealing with the software available for such devices.

Both my Motherboards in the main PC and my HTPC are alittle old at 3 years and to be honest i use to upgrade once or twice a year for the last 10 years due to the advance in CPU technology and M/B's but both mine presently run 3.0ghz quad cores one an AMD phenom and the other an Intel and from what i can see today on the intel 'i' series is still quad cores so nothing for me to invest in until i see at least 8 core technology at a reasonable cost.

Thanks
    The card is 12 cm long not including the steel mounting plate.

So that is just the circuit board.

dog-man
    Thanks dogman that makes its total lengh to be just under 4 and 3/4 inch in lengh so it will fit in an i still have around 2.5" spare room.

Oh and just to update you on the 45° east Bulgarian ACM/VCM multi stream channels the guy got it working correctly when inputting the correct MIS stream info

Thanks again

Thanks
    i have got a spiderbox and an azbox which i only use for 422 feeds
    if i got one of these PC cards is it easier to input a biss key
    i have tried and failed to use the NBA one on both boxes after i read somewhere that there was a tennis feed on it (i just know enough to get by i mainly use the boxes for inrunning sports betting)

as Lee does not stock the TBS 6925 DVB-S2 can anyone recommend the best place to get one

Thanks
    It seems impossible or very difficult to find a source that is actually in the UK.

I got mine from Am*z*n UK, but it came from France.

dog-man

Thanks
    It seems impossible or very difficult to find a source that is actually in the UK.

dog-man
    thanks i see they are on **** for £180 from the official uk distributer

Thanks
    No advertising for other suppliers - please read the board rules
    Last edited by sonic1; 06-03-2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Advertising

Thanks

dog-man
    Hi dog-man

Can you give us a review? On blind-scan speeds etc?

Thanks

Thanks
    does it do 4.2.2

Thanks
    Not tried, but would expect so with the Elecard codec.

dog-man

Thanks
    Ok I can give you a quick low down as i got mine yesterday all installed and working within a couple of minutes, I decided to do a bit of reading before hand so knew which software was best for it especially Blind scanning the software in question is Crazyscan and BLscan which is has a CMD line and no interface but you can add Easy Blindscan a user friendly interface.

I had a bash with 0.8° west first as the dish is parked there did a blindscan in the frequency range for that bird in 2 mhz steps took approximately just over 6 minutes extremely fast and did not miss anything on the Ku band as well as picking up DATA transponders which are 16 and 32 apsk fantastic.

Just to let you know both bits of software support all Diseqc commands as well as USALS for your motor no problem it drives my Gbox3000 with actuator no problem at all, Both types of blindscam software also let you stream to VLC so you dont actually need anything like DVBdream or DVBviewer if you dont want.

The card supports 4:2:2 as i tried on a couple of other birds on 10° east and 7° east with feeds on there streamed straight to VLC for playback.

I also had the chance to try the Bulgarian channels on 45° east which are multistream with ACM/VCM encoded which currently no STB can receive the TBS card can enclosed in screenshots.

Now the bad side this card really is the dogs danglies for feeds and blind scanning IMHO there is nothing that can touch it, but if your new to this sort of hobby and have only been used to STB's and are expecting Channel lists and keys to work straight of the bat think again this needs some work involved to get it to act something like a normal STB, for instance each bird needs scanning and the output .ini file needs converting to a standard that either DVBdream/viewer can read if you want it to act something like an STB, softcam keys would need running through an emulator like fausto etc...

For the money though i am well impressed its a serious bit of hobbyist kit and as far as B/S and feeds no STB can touch it.

Regards

Attachment 56925 Attachment 56926

@sonic1 apologies for the previous post a moment of madness on my part sorry about that as i always try and steer members towards Lee/Goldwafers if the product is available Thanks

South coast, a few hundred metres from 000°00.0E
    Thanks
    For anyone on a budget you could also try the ProfTuner range available from various sites and directly from their own online shop, same decoder chipset so fully supported in Crazyscan, EBS etc. They wont demodulate 16 or 32PSK signals although they will detect them when BSing, nor will they do ACM/VCM tranponders particularly well. Bare in mind about 0.1% of feeds use 16/32PSK and only a handful of ACM transponders in Europe there isn't much to miss at the moment. Prices are about a third of the 6925, RF performance is identical.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grafter View Post
    For anyone on a budget you could also try the ProfTuner range available from various sites and directly from their own online shop, same decoder chipset so fully supported in Crazyscan, EBS etc. They wont demodulate 16 or 32PSK signals although they will detect them when BSing, nor will they do ACM/VCM tranponders particularly well. Bare in mind about 0.1% of feeds use 16/32PSK and only a handful of ACM transponders in Europe there isn't much to miss at the moment. Prices are about a third of the 6925, RF performance is identical.
    Which proftuner card is the most comparable to the 6925?

Thanks
    The 7301 and 8000 are pretty much the same thing, just that the first is PCI and the 8000 PCIe. Comparing like for like signals there's no difference between them or with the 6925, all have the same functionality with regard to APSK and 8PSK. For feed hunting I'd say shortlist any card that is fully supported by Crazycat's software. Viewing software and codecs are all personal choice but Crazyscan and Easy Blindscan from CJCR are probably the defacto blindscanning programmes at the moment.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grafter View Post
    The 7301 and 8000 are pretty much the same thing, just that the first is PCI and the 8000 PCIe. Comparing like for like signals there's no difference between them or with the 6925, all have the same functionality with regard to APSK and 8PSK. For feed hunting I'd say shortlist any card that is fully supported by Crazycat's software. Viewing software and codecs are all personal choice but Crazyscan and Easy Blindscan from CJCR are probably the defacto blindscanning programmes at the moment.
    Thanks for the useful info. Do you know if either the 6925 or the 8000 have LNB short circuit protection?

Thanks
    I don't sorry, I'd assume so but I've never had to find out and wouldn't want to test my supposition.

Thanks
    OK. Its just I had a SkyStar 2 card a few years back, which destroyed my LNB...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast