Thread: Remote Control Issue

Thanks

Remote Control Issue

Seem to have a weird problem.

On my 9000HD the remote has suddenly started playing up. Using 3 different remotes(1 original and 2 one for alls) the red light flashes only when you are a few inches away and then stops flashing after a while. I've switched the receiver off at the back and let it off for 30 mins so it's not that. So before I do a factory reset etc does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?

FYI everything was fine yesterday and the box hasn't been moved or had any software changes.

TIA

Cheesey

Banned
    Thanks
    Changed the batteries lately?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    just the one remote (spider) or all of them.

Thanks
    all remotes so its not the batteries.

Thanks
    working ok now so god knows what happened

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesey View Post
    working ok now so god knows what happened
    Maybe you had VCR or DVD or TV in use instead of STB, this is just a suggestion and not the answer.

Thanks
    I used to have a similar problem with my spiderbox not responding to all of the remote control requests. Sometimes it would be fine, other times i would need 10/20 button presses to have a result. In the end i traced it to my Powermid Receiver. Its one of those things for replicating an IR signal generated in another room using a Powermid Transmitter. The Receiver (which is the part that delivers the IR code) was in the same room as; me, the Spiderbox and the Spiderbox remote. So, i wasn't intending to actually use the Powermid system when I was trying to operate the Spiderbox, it was there just to operate other AV stuff. I found out by accident, that turning off the mains supply to the Powermid would mean, that the Spiderbox suddenly responded properly to all of the remote control inputs. I don't know why this happened but it was very very annoying, I had even borrowed another SB and remote which behaved the same before I sorted it out. None of my other AV equipment, which was in the same area as the SB behaved in this way. Hope this helps someone because i was ready to pull my hair out. Sorry, not trying to jack the thread but it seemed appropriate.

Thanks
    Had exactly the same problem around 12 months ago and on the verge of returning box to supplier as under warranty and out of the blue working again without any software or hardware changes. Still working ok and fingers crossed.
    santa

Thanks
    Sunlight interference can also impact on the receiver picking up the signal.

The likelihood is that by moving closer to the receiver you have blocked the sun refecting against the receiver sensor and all appeared to work fine.

I've had this problem many times in the winter months.