Thread: Recordable DVD Panasonic SC-HT1000

Thanks

Question Recordable DVD Panasonic SC-HT1000

I bought one of the first recordable DVD's Home theater system in order to transfer all my camera videos to DVD's which I did with the Pnasonic SC-HT1000.

My installation is quite complex as I have a fully motorised dish with 2 digital receivers. Anyway, my problem is that when I try to download the channels into the DVD recorder, is going through the Analogue channels rather than the Digital channels on my Phillips 52PPL9632D. There are no HDMI connections on my DVD recorder as it is quite old but as new condition! It just says "No stations found" now

My DVD connections settings are as follows:
    My AV1 Outpt can be set to Video, S-Video and RGB
    My AV2 Input can be set to Video, S-Video and RGB
    AV2 Connection: Normal Ext Link 1
    Decoder Ext Link 2

Is there a solution to this or do I need to buy a new DVD home theater system with HDMI connections to the TV?

Thank you for any help with this matter.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    not sure i understand your post that well,do you mean when scanning channels on your dvd recorder no channels found?are these uk terrestrial channels because if you live in uk then just scan digital channels

mister-t

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mister-t For This Useful Post:

echelon (25-01-2013)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 657 Posts
    it wont find any Analogue channels cuz they are now gone

put a scart adapter in the back of the sat box the one with a in out switch on it
    flick switch to out
    put a channel on

now get a phono cable and plug in to scart adapter
    in the yellow socket

put the other end of phono cable in to the yellow IN socket of the dvd recorder

on the dvd recorder press button on remote that finds Decoder Ext Link 1or 2 or rgb ect
    keep pressing that button
    till you see a picture
    do the same for the audio but use the white or red sockets
    Last edited by ozzsurf; 25-01-2013 at 02:43 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ozzsurf For This Useful Post:

echelon (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    That is correct. I am unable to find the digital channels. Automatically, when I update the recorder to find channels it goes to the Analogue channels and is unable to find any, as these are no longer available. I have no facility to identify terrestrial or digital as the DVD recorder was bought well before Digital was available.

What I want is the digital channels in order to record when I am out.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
    That is correct. I am unable to find the digital channels. Automatically, when I update the recorder to find channels it goes to the Analogue channels and is unable to find any, as these are no longer available. I have no facility to identify terrestrial or digital as the DVD recorder was bought well before Digital was available.

What I want is the digital channels in order to record when I am out.
    if it has no digital tuner it can no longer record analogue channels as they are now freeview or digital channels from a sly box or vu or dreambox or spiderbox etc, it needs an internal digital satellite or freeview tuner to record those channels

to record from a digital box, select the scart av input that has that digital box connected, set the recorder to record on that av channel and make sure the digital box has selected that channel by the time the broadcast starts, and for the full time or longer too

in my case I set L1 on my digital sony dvd recorder as the source from my dm800, and use a manual timer input to tell it to record that source from the start time to the finish time, or later (some times I start it before the necessary start time and add say 10 minutes to the end, to cover the time span of the actual recording)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Aldo (25-01-2013)

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    if it has no digital tuner it can no longer record analogue channels as they are now freeview or digital channels from a sly box or vu or dreambox or spiderbox etc, it needs an internal digital satellite or freeview tuner to record those channels

to record from a digital box, select the scart av input that has that digital box connected, set the recorder to record on that av channel and make sure the digital box has selected that channel by the time the broadcast starts, and for the full time or longer too

in my case I set L1 on my digital sony dvd recorder as the source from my dm800, and use a manual timer input to tell it to record that source from the start time to the finish time, or later (some times I start it before the necessary start time and add say 10 minutes to the end, to cover the time span of the actual recording)
    I am able to find the satellite channels through the AV2 connection via my Spiderbox 9000 HD but nothing from the digital channels from the TV, such as BBC, ITV,ect,ect. The only alternative is now to go to 28.5 East and find the channels there.

Is this the only way?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
    I am able to find the satellite channels through the AV2 connection via my Spiderbox 9000 HD but nothing from the digital channels from the TV, such as BBC, ITV,ect,ect. The only alternative is now to go to 28.5 East and find the channels there.

Is this the only way?
    I repeat, if it hasnt got a digital tuner inside the recorder, it wont find any digital channels like bbc and itv as the uk is now digital freeview only, no an@logue

if it has a digital tuner, tune in the freeview channels for your aerial feed like I do on my sony hxd970 dvd/hdd recorder

the only other way to get digital channels on it is to use a digital box using scart or phono connections and tell it to use av1 or av2

this can be a freeview stb , sly box , spiderbox , dream , vu , eagle , virgin cable, or whatever you have , ie:- plug a freeview box into av1 using a scart and this box is connected by your outside aerial feed to give freeview

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 657 Posts
    if its got a yellow in video socket then you can record from any a/v device

i just read the manual on your dvd recorder

scrool down to Optional connections

-http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/SCHT1000.PDF

i also have a old dvd recorder
    and i set it up as my post above and it records perfect from my sat box

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ozzsurf For This Useful Post:

echelon (25-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thank you very much for all your help. I will have ago with your connections and see what happens. If not, I will get the channels through the Spiderbox via the satellite.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt33 For This Useful Post:

echelon (25-01-2013)