Thread: premium and usbjtag nt

Thanks

Question premium and usbjtag nt

Hi all:

I'm trying to rescue a azbox premium hd booting (with zboot corrup), but I have the usbjtag nt in my testing tools. I performed the R309 bridge, connect the 14-pin cable to usbjtag azbox motherboard (14 pin presolder), turn on the receiver's rear switch, open the program with Tazboxpremiun.xml, I "detect" the flash and I get:
    -detect
    IDCODE FFFFFFFF
    nothing more.

The lpt jtag considered a resistor pack, ¿what would be the correct connection to the receiver?

thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Use the search and You will see that this has been posted many time before.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dig Deep View Post
    Use the search and You will see that this has been posted many time before.
    if I had not read, believe me I would not have posted. Even usbbdm talk with them and he does not know that does not have a box for official support. But some users have reprogrammed the flash with usbjtag nt, but have not given details of the connection.

Best'll change the question, usbjtag connection and the box, using resistors?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi! I have flashed my Premium HD using usbjtag nt, I did not add any resistors. I do remember that you need to check the connection at the usbjtag nt cable also, and be sure that you use good copper cables (equal length). It works and works fast, that's all I can say. Maybe you should take some pictures of your hardware setup.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digihoe View Post
    Hi! I have flashed my Premium HD using usbjtag nt, I did not add any resistors. I do remember that you need to check the connection at the usbjtag nt cable also, and be sure that you use good copper cables (equal length). It works and works fast, that's all I can say. Maybe you should take some pictures of your hardware setup.
    estimated, first of all thank you for your response.

Unfortunately at this time I do not have a camera to share the connection, but I did the R309 bridge and connect the 14 pin to 14 pin direct presolder in azbox premium motherboard and I get this error. I also tried unsuccessfully Yamon actually in Yamon even throws me some information, just no response, so now I think the error is greater, compromising the flash.

I do not think that the fact the 14-pin plug to the box is the cause, as I read the 5 points that connect jtag (TDI, TDO, TCK, TMS. TRST) and GND only.

thanks in advance.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    use a usb uart to ttl converter, you only use 3 pins/ RX /TX / GR / rx on the reciver go to tx on the usb, tx on the reciver go to rx on the usb, if you are useing windows 64 bit you will need putty 64, and turn off your fire wall on your computer.

Thanks
    Can you tell me what configuration of USB JTAG NT application are you used, what category, protocol and target select have you setup? . What script and flash.bin is correct? What connection USB JTAG with motherboard I should use?

Thanks
    Hi, digihoe

I need some information about USBJTAG NT!

I'll have to restore an AZ Premium HD of a friend!

I read on their forums that you were able to program the entire nor-flash with few minutes ... and I would like to ask you a few questions:

how many time it took for the shipping ... seen that they are in US-AZ ?

Then ... since you said you have not mounted any pullUp/Down resistors ...

You have connected only jtag pin (TDI, TDO, TCK, TMS, GND) or even TRST_N & RST_N ...?

This is important ... because @usbbdm said that ... on their interface are not present protection series resistors (100 Ohm) and no others pullUp/Down resistors !
    But ... this can be done directly from their array custom chipset.
    How it's possible with FTDI module x232H (GPIO three state level) !

You have also tried the linux software version ?

Thank you for your answer!

Ciao ... arci
    Last edited by arcibald; 18-04-2013 at 04:48 PM.