Thread: add a nas to a duo in vix 3 ?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts

add a nas to a duo in vix 3 ?

can anyone tell me how I setup my duo using vix 3 to stream to or from my dlink nas please?

thanks

Banned
    Thanks
    If your shares are set up on your NAS it should be a simple case of mounting a net share on your STB. I normally do this by finding the share via the network browser under setup-network. On some images it is not included as standard but can be found via the download manager. If not then it can be either installed from an ipk of DCC'd across into system plugins.

Once the net share is mounted on the STB it should come up in the media player list of devices. Did on my UNO anyway but I used BH on that.

Thanks
    thanks - I have been into the network and tried mounting it as it is there when I scan the network, but there are many options to choose from, including cifs which I believe is the correct connection here as its listed on the nas too

I did manage to get it listed but it doesnt appear in mediaplayer and I am unable to browse the actual nas from the duo, but am ok from my laptop

clearly there is more to this than I am familiar with, so I was asking here as I cannot be the only person who wants to be able to play music or stream films from a nas

I did a forum search and a google search but came up empty as far as this subject is concerned

Thanks
    I decided to try and network my laptop using the following guide from google

Windows 7 machine on fixed IP.

On your PC setup your folder for sharing and give it a share name - keep it simple for now with no space eg. films

Then on box (assuming it's same as Twin)

Lan > MountManager > Add new network mount point

Mount using: FSTAB (mount using linux)

Active: enable

Local share name: twin-film (for example)

Mount type: CIFS share

Server IP: 192.168.0.2 (whatever your PC IP is)

Server share: /films (what you shared as on PC)

use as HDD replacement: no

Mount options: rw (or ro for read only)

Username: boris (account name on PC with share rights)

Password: blah (account names password)

Press OK and hopefully you'll get some positive response
    on my new laptop I managed to share an M for Music drive by sharing M and can successfully network to it (mp3) , and also to a folder called share on a data drive too (with divx in it) using the guide above and sharing in CIFS

checking the mount manager I can see these drives or folders as they show green on both sides of the banner, whereas my nas is showing red on the left and green tick on the right

so I now believe that the problem lies in the sharing of the nas, so its either a drivename , or folder share , or something that hasnt the right "path" or whatever in order to access the nas.

I can access the nas in total commander and windows file explorer and in flash fxp so clearly windows has the 2 drives and the dlink mounted ok

tried all kinds of ways to put in the dlink but all fail to mount so not been able to access it as yet. I think it needs to be known how to share a volume as opposed to folders on a volume, so by name or whatever

EDIT

sussed it

you add the name of the actual volume instead of the folder, and you add the login name and pass same as your web browser login, so the nas admin and password similar to how you get into a router admin panel