Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: elevation

Thanks

elevation

ok as i speak i am setting up new motorised installation using tm2600,box tm5402,65cm 26degree offset dish.dish mounted on pole and aiming due south by eye according to dishpointer.black ultra set at 0 skew.lat set at 51 degrees on motor and tightened.all other bolts just pinched up for movement until locked to ref 1w.i am a little unsure about what the elevation should be on dish itself.what do you think.

Thanks
    around 27.5 to 30.5 approx, but should tell you in the motor manual

similar to this thread

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...tallation-Help

Thanks
    thanks again echelon.bit confused with manual,bearing in mind i am a complete novice.manual says 30 degrees minus declination angle.very confusing to the likes of ME.

Thanks
    Ah.Page 7 of manual explains better. Elevation 39 Declination 7.4. 39-7.4=22.6 Dish Eelevation.Must be right i guess.

Thanks
    best to get a lock on a sat ,then fine tune your dish to get max signal,,,,,,if motor is set ok, and brackets plumb,, you should no problems at all,,,,,,i always start with the dish plumb on 28.2 ,then fine tune from there.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beany1 View Post
    Ah.Page 7 of manual explains better. Elevation 39 Declination 7.4. 39-7.4=22.6 Dish Eelevation.Must be right i guess.
    39 - 7.4 = 31.6 elevation m8

Thanks
    stumped.only getting level 97% quality 9%

Thanks
    make sure usals is enabled, and set your location on your box

make sure you are using something like 31 degrees and not the 22 you posted earlier

select thor 0.8w and bbc world news

now providing your motor latitude or elevation is set correctly, you have to use the left/right/up/down of the motor mount and dish elevation to get onto 0.8w, as long as you have no obstructions blocking 0.8w

all this is fully explained in that other thread where lawxlb is also trying to do the same as you are

Thanks
    yes have set usals and put 51.7 lat and 1.20 long west into box.gonna set 31 on dish like you said.fear i might have changed settings of motor.can i reset by pushing needle into hole while powered . the motor is turning ok,but the dial on motor is reading past 30 degrees east.when told to go to 28.2 east.can see this as only approx 10 feet from ground.

Thanks
    manually set motor to zero using buttons on motor before resetting,,,,,,was motor at zero when you bought it ?? would do this as a last resort
    the tm 2600 is a great bit of kit ,very reliable

Thanks
    thank voyager for assistance.have put paper clip in motor to reset but nothing happens.led light changes to orange while doing this but no movement at all.motor was a tad past zero from new

Thanks
    sok.should've read this better.have now used maual button on motor to set 0 then placed paperclip in reset,orange led lights briefly.hope this now corrected motor
    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1972 View Post
    manually set motor to zero using buttons on motor before resetting,,,,,,was motor at zero when you bought it ?? would do this as a last resort
    the tm 2600 is a great bit of kit ,very reliable

Thanks
    i have put longtidude setting as 1.2 west.should this be 01.2.lat i have put 51.7,in tm5402.
    Last edited by beany1; 13-01-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks
    i have put longtidude setting as 1.2 west.should this be 01.2.lat i have put 51.7,in tm5402.
    1.2w (west) is your longitude, latitude is 51.7n (north)
    28.2 east is not going to be on 28.2e on the motor pointer, its going to be a few degrees out, so could well read past 30 east

Thanks
    thank you echelon.dark now so have to leave it for now.i think i must recheck cable connections.baffled because led on motor green.double checked pole is plumb.think you right about pointer on motor nudging past.it wasn't exactly on zero when new but only a tad east of centre.shouldn't have thought that would make significant difference.motor goes to x so no probs there.dish elevtion set at 30 degrees.but so far no thurther than level 97% quality at 9% tops.will have another go next weekend arghhh!.problem is sitting at the end of my nose and i still can't see it!hope and pray u about next attempt.you have been an asset.thank you voyager also.

Thanks
    what format is the longtitude setting??

Thanks
    I think you are over thinking things m8

put the box onto diseqc v1.2 and nudge the motor to the zero setting on its pointer, now reset the motor to set its zero

change to usals on the box ensuring the correct location is stored as above (longitude and latitude) and select 0.8w and the motor pointer will move to where it believes 0.8w will be relative to your location which will be a few degrees from where you expect it to be (it will not have say 19e at 19e on the pointer, and it wont have 28.2e at 28.2e on the pointer, I think that you think the motor pointer will mirror the satellite you have sent it to - it wont !! )

so when you send it to 28.2e on the box it may go to 30e or 32e for all I know or can remember

I know my motor is about zero on the pointer when I select 5w, so thats about 5 degrees of difference, which is really of no consequence anyway, so you would think that when I am on 28.2e its pointing to say 33.2e on the pointer

now the important part

set the motor elevation to your latitude and lock it off

now the variables

your motor will swing left or right when you slacken the locknuts holding it to the pole
    this is your left and right adjustment

now with your dish set to say 31 or so degrees, you have the box on 0.8w thor and bbc world news,
    and try to find it by moving the motor and dish, the dish elevation is your up/down adjustment

if and when you find it , lock it off when you peak the signal, then test bbc1 etc on 28.2e astra 2

all the above depends on you having no brick walls or trees etc blocking the signals (and not yourself blocking it either)

alternatively you could try 5w fta channels, or 7e fta channels, or even hotbird fta channels on 13e, still using usals as the locator

when you get onto a known sat, lock it off and mark the mounts with marker pen so you have reference points

nobody said this was simple, and is one reason installers charge so much, but you learn a lot by doing it, and can fix things if they go wrong
    the first time is the worst, when you have done a few it makes more sense

Thanks
    format is 00.0 voyager.just checked.same for lat
    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1972 View Post
    what format is the longtitude setting??

Thanks
    format is 00.0 voyager.just checked.same for lat
    in that case its

01.2W for longitude
    51.7N for latitude

Thanks
    i think my problem maybe short length of webro cable between lnb and and motor.not sure tho.to dark.i know the cable ok from receiver cus had to plug back into our original sly minidish.missus throwing a wobbly (dancing on ice),and all ok for 28.2.echelon.my line of sight is pretty good from about 30w to 50e.so shouldn't be any probs there.this could be as simple as 1 strand copper wire touching where it shouldn't.this is what i am hoping cus i should have picked up something from the arc surely.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast