Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: elevation

Thanks
    bloody hell.i am my own worse enemy.should i use the one from download centre. 30W-42E-TM-540..CNDF.transfer to stick,select usb/data transfer highlight said file/press ok on remote i think.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beany1 View Post
    bloody hell.i am my own worse enemy.should i use the one from download centre. 30W-42E-TM-540..CNDF.transfer to stick,select usb/data transfer highlight said file/press ok on remote i think.
    You can always do a factory ( original ) reset

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1972 View Post
    i would concentrate on getting a signal on 28.2 first ,,,,it is the strongest sat in your location ,,,,,once you get that sorted you can send the motor to the highest sat on the arc in your case thor ,,,and fine tune to get the max signal,,,,the rest should fall into place after that,,,,,,,,,do you have an inline signal meter as these can be a big help....also always unplug power to your receiver before disconnecting the co ax cable as this can damage the lnb..
    this new dish is about 2 feet away from our fixed sly minidish.as echelon pointed out,i should install motorised chan list as opposed to the sly fixed list.even tho i have fixed list,shouldn't it have picked up something parked on 28.2.i must have had that almost pointing there when looking at our fixed dish,which works well.i do have a cheap signal meter,but i thought box itself would be good enough meter.maybe i am wrong.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skomedal View Post
    You can always do a factory ( original ) reset
    thought new motorised chan list would overwrite old fixed list.everything else seems to work fine.motor drives ok.i'm impressed with that.very quiet running even if i cant watch corry lol.

Thanks
    yes it should have picked up bbc1 or itv etc , assuming that lead was ok, but I advised you to install a motorised list yesterday and so todays comments were on the silly assumption by me that you had followed my advice yesterday, clearly not !

anyway, I have just found and uploaded some jan 2012 lists here for you

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...0-Channel-List

once installed you can easily connect your cable to the sly lnb and just test 28.2e , then connect to the black ultra and try and pickup bbc1 making sure you have input your usals location once more

once you have that , mark up the motor and dish, then send to 0.8w and look for those thor channels

Thanks
    you are a star echelon and i have bruises from kicking myself for not logging that thread.heads in a spin.but i will get there.gonna get that channel list.thank you so much.

Thanks
    list has been accepted.just had to rescan 28.2 on this temp fixed dish.many thanks echelon.new list works good.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beany1 View Post
    list has been accepted.just had to rescan 28.2 on this temp fixed dish.many thanks echelon.new list works good.
    perhaps when you are sorted out and you have a good motorised list you could save it to usb stick, zip it up and upload it on here for us in the tm5000 section ?

I will then merge it with those others I posted in the 6000 section

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    perhaps when you are sorted out and you have a good motorised list you could save it to usb stick, zip it up and upload it on here for us in the tm5000 section ?

I will then merge it with those others I posted in the 6000 section
    whoa.i'm not that good yet.but if and when i am,i will gladly post of course.going by my performance tonight well...............the least said aye.thanks for everything.i'm starting to feel good about the motorised stuff now thanks to all imput from members here not least yer goodself echelon

Thanks
    Its alive.

Thanks
    Thank you echelon.thank you skomedal.thank you voyager.no way this was going to happen without your knowledge.

Thanks
    need to tidy coax as you can see.but its working.SAM_6587.jpg

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1972 View Post
    i would concentrate on getting a signal on 28.2 first ,,,,it is the strongest sat in your location ,,,,,once you get that sorted you can send the motor to the highest sat on the arc in your case thor ,,,and fine tune to get the max signal,,,,the rest should fall into place after that,,,,,,,,,do you have an inline signal meter as these can be a big help....also always unplug power to your receiver before disconnecting the co ax cable as this can damage the lnb..
    used this in the end.saved my legs i can tell youSAM_6588.jpg

Thanks
    glad to see youve got your setup up and running,,,,,,time to start scanning the skies.........................goo d luck

Thanks
    thanks voyager.the weird thing about this is level reading 97% and quality saying 8%-9% in motorised setup on sats.could the inline meter have something to do with this.started at 1w ann picked up bbc news fine.kept recalibrating meter until screaming.locked up and tried 28.2.signal there 86% when pressing info on channel.weird.

Thanks
    well done mate similar style house to mine except slate tiles instead of your pebble dash so nothing decent to fix too ,i imagine you could have knocked big chunks out of those walls if you attempted to drill into it.did that a few times working for sly,i had to fill up with mastic and stick a few stones into it and scarper:o11:

Thanks
    yes.beleive it or not the pebble dash only sits on a layer about 1/4" thick.behind that are insulation sheets 4" thick.then blockwork.you need long screws/bolts to reach blockwork,but tightening would easily pull the exterior skin in,hence scaffold pole.poles,i should say.two joined together.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123