Thread: Where to go for a Spiderbox repair?

Thanks

Question Where to go for a Spiderbox repair?

Hi there,

I have the F100 problem with my Spiderbox 9900HD and despite my best efforts I am not able to repair this receiver.

I have been given this advice by Aldo and I think this could be my problem as I have 2 receivers!

" Just to add to this I have repaired several "F100" Spiderbox receivers both 7000 and 9000. In all cases IF the recovery software did not work then replacing the TIP42C transistor just in front of the tuner did cure the fault BUT it really needs an engineer to do this as the motherboard needs to be removed from the receiver and great care is needed in the unsoldering of the faulty part and soldering in the replacement part.
    This is defiantly not a job for an inexperienced person or "well meaning friend" to tackle whoever does it will need preferably a soldering station and an iron with a fine tip and be experienced in working with through hole plated PCB's.
    I cant guarantee this will fix all "F100" faults where the recovery tool has failed but in several cases the TIP42C replacement did restore full working to the receivers.
    I have a feeling that this fault could (not 100% sure) be caused by loop through when both receivers are on at the same time or maybe incorrect earthing when two receiver are connected to each other but these are just my guess.
    Sometimes a simple visual inspection of the TIP42C will show either the middle leg (collector) melted away or in some cases "blue-ing" of the metal tab either of these signs means it is the culprit but either way it's an inexpensive part to change providing you know a competent engineer. I must repeat this IS NOT a fault that can be repaired by the user UNLESS he or she is very experienced at working with PCB's and confident of their soldering abilities"

Does anyone knows a person than can repair my Spiderbox. The TIP42C transistors are only a couple of quid!

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Matt33

Thanks
    Instead of starting a new thread could you not have just added this post to the thread on the same topic, and your previous post here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...-on-F100/page2

Thanks
    I cud change it for you I have 2 in for repair at the moment

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalan1978 View Post
    I cud change it for you I have 2 in for repair at the moment
    Please read the Rules:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...49-Forum-Rules

Your post could well be covered by these 2 rules:

Advertising
    No personal adverts or dealer adverts what so ever.
    No requests asking for or paying for other members to set up your equipment for you apart from motors and dishes

Additional clarification...

1) no private adverts = this means no sales adverts of any kind , and also means no WANTED adverts of any kind , especially when referring to sat gear (including programming boxes or setting them up for pay tv channels (subscription channels), sat motors , sat receivers , games console`s etc
    no part exchanges of any sort allowed either !!!

Also the member concerned posted this info on another forum:

I have a Spiderbox 9900 HD which has been returned to the shop as it was faulty with the F100 problem under warranty.

The shop has finally agreed to replace it with a refurbished Spiderbox 9000 HD model.

Thank you for any help with this matter.

Post 25 in the link in post#2 refers to the same situation
    Last edited by Aldo; 21-02-2013 at 03:34 AM.

Thanks
    ok thank you for that info I was going to do it free as just a hobby for me will read the rules agen

thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Please read the Rules:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...49-Forum-Rules

Your post could well be covered by these 2 rules:

Advertising
    No personal adverts or dealer adverts what so ever.
    No requests asking for or paying for other members to set up your equipment for you apart from motors and dishes

Additional clarification...

1) no private adverts = this means no sales adverts of any kind , and also means no WANTED adverts of any kind , especially when referring to sat gear (including programming boxes or setting them up for pay tv channels (subscription channels), sat motors , sat receivers , games console`s etc
    no part exchanges of any sort allowed either !!!

Also the member concerned posted this info on another forum:

I have a Spiderbox 9900 HD which has been returned to the shop as it was faulty with the F100 problem under warranty.

The shop has finally agreed to replace it with a refurbished Spiderbox 9000 HD model.

Thank you for any help with this matter.

Post 25 in the link in post#2 refers to the same situation

Bit harsh mate, should be a little easier on new members.
    Not anywhere did he imply he was asking for payment anywhere,be turning into al sat forum soon with replies like that.