Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Phantompatch-TM6900HDSuper_752p

Thanks

New Phantompatch-TM6900HDSuper_752p

Does anyone have the new patch from Phantom and could post it here, please?? "Phantompatch-TM6900HDSuper_752p-27-12-2012.stb"
    Please add Your comments here, thanks!

Thanks

Icon14 New Patch 752P|

Here you go mate, hot off the press:-:cup-006:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Cheers, I have tested some of it out, but had already loaded 748 orig firmware before my mate manic01 told me I didnt need to with patch 752P all as follows:-

Feedback to Phantom on new patches 27/12/12
    Hi Phantom,

Still slowly going through all facets of your new patch 752P posted last night mate!

However, early findings after loading patch 752P on my TM6900HD Super are as follows:-

1) Backed up channel list
    2) Factory Reset
    3) Loaded 'basic TM6900 firmware 748 (latest version available?)
    4) Loaded patch 752P
    5) Loaded Add-On
    6) Factory Reset
    7) Loaded back Channel List from 1) above
    8) Loaded latest TM softcam

I then tried out various items as follows:-
    Working fine:-
    Cs link on 23.5E opening fine with latest softcam
    8281 function working fine on all packages
    8280 keys entered on patch 751P all keys remained for first time when transferring from 751P to 752P!

Still NOT working:-
    SCT HD on 13E opens then immediately freezes but sound continues! It freezes again as stated when changing channels & returning to SCT HD - so this problem is still not sorted!
    This channel (SCT HD on 13E) works perfectly with patch 726P!
    PLTV HD on 10E is still jerky as on ALL recent patches, yet works perfectly with patch 726P!
    PVR still not functioning very well - e.g. when set ahead of scheduled time from EPG it starts up at the set time, but does not record!
    (The receiver also goes into various problems when trying to get back - e.g. try to cancel preset recording and try 'manual' recording - it just keeps going on its own path to destruction and I found I had to switch receiver off & on several times at the back of TM6900HD Super SEVERAL times before I could clear it all to start again!)

So it does seem CS Link on 23.5 E is now working thank you Phantom, but many old problems still remain, e.g. PLTV HD on 10E, SCT HD on 13E - and the PVR function is dreadful!

Thanks again for your efforts Phantom!:respect-067:

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    With regards to the jerky PLTV I have found that changing A/V Output settings from 1080i to 720p makes a big difference.
    I have only just found this so I am not sure how well it works or how consistent it is. Give it a try you never know!

Thanks
    Thats very interesting mate - will try it tomorrow - but just to say that I have reloaded patch 752P without loading the original firmware first - and PLTV HD on 10E is STILL going jerky after a few minutes plus the audio still keeps going out of sync!
    After all we SHOULDNT ever have to change the video settings DOWN from 1080i to 720P should it, thats the whole point of having a 1080i capable sat receiver - but will TRY and see if it helps thanks mate!:cup-006:

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I was just suggesting it as a temporary fix and to give some clue as to the cause of the problem.
    You can change the setting just when watching this channel if it makes it more watchable.

I saw similar problems with the extra channels the BBC put on for the Olympics, the HD ones were jerky while the SD ones were fine.
    It could be a problem with video decoding only affecting certain channels for some reason. If the decoding is done in software it could be fixed but if it's done in hardware we are stuffed!

I have also been playing around with BISS and Softcam keys. Loading an empty or minimal Softcam and entering zeros in all unused BIss entries.
    It's hard to tell if there's an improvement because I only have 60% quality signal which drops out when cloudy/raining. I have an 80cm dish at the moment perhaps I need a bigger one?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stroker View Post
    With regards to the jerky PLTV I have found that changing A/V Output settings from 1080i to 720p makes a big difference.
    I have only just found this so I am not sure how well it works or how consistent it is. Give it a try you never know!
    Yes mate thanks, it seems to work perfectly in 720P - but WHY oh why should we have to do this every time we go on to PLTV HD on 10E and then have to set it back to 1080i for all other HD channels 'in case'?

Lets hope Phantom/TM address this problem with next patch - PLUS sort out the PVR recording problems when recording via time setting from EPG!

NB: Re PLTV HD on 10E, this jerkiness was NOT apparent with old patch 726P, so why now?:respect-055:

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks for reminding me that 726p is not jerky - we can probably assume it is a software problem.

With the PVR problem I think the file records stored in memory is being corrupted. I'm sure you've seen it when you press the file button and see a list of the files on the drive but none of them show any video.

I managed to catch my TM6900 not recording when it should have been - I pressed the file button and no video as above. I then went into file manager and then back to live TV - pressed file button - message appeared "Please wait for scanning of records on USB storage device". I was then able to see recorded video and the scheduled recording started of it's own accord.

Perhaps Phantom could arrange for it to scan the records prior to performing a scheduled recording. It would have to check that another recording was not already in progress as I assume that would be interrupted.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by holmroad View Post
    Thats very interesting mate - will try it tomorrow - but just to say that I have reloaded patch 752P without loading the original firmware first - and PLTV HD on 10E is STILL going jerky after a few minutes plus the audio still keeps going out of sync!
    After all we SHOULDNT ever have to change the video settings DOWN from 1080i to 720P should it, thats the whole point of having a 1080i capable sat receiver - but will TRY and see if it helps thanks mate!:cup-006:
    720P worked perfectly mate on PLTV HD on 10E - yet this really shouldnt be happening anyway as you say more recently, espec when patch 726P was perfect, so SOMETHING has become corrupted somewhere over the past 26 patches, again as you say in your recent post mate!:respect-055:

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I have been loading various patches recently in an attempt to find when the jerky video first occurred.
    Finally I believe I have found the problem first occurred in 733p whereas 732p is not jerky.
    I hope this information will help Phantom track down the cause of the problem.

Also I suspect there could be redundant background tasks running in the firmware which could now be removed to increase the speed of the remaining background tasks. I have noticed that 726p is more tolerant to a fragmented disc and defragmenting the disc helps to easy PVR problems under later patches.

I think that speeding up background tasks could cure the PVR problems and who knows it may even cure the jerky video on PLTV.

Many years ago I was involved in writing firmware so I have some understanding of the problems involved.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I decided to load the latest 752p firmware today and came across a problem I had not noticed before.

When i tried to live pause PLTV, not only did it not work but it also turned off the BISS key.
    The key was still there but 8280 showed the cursor on the "off" line instead of the line containing the key.
    Moving the cursor to the correct line and saving cleared the channel again.
    The same problem occurred on CTV and NBA Europe on the same transponder.

This suggests to me there is a conflict in the data storage used by Biss decryption and live pause.
    In the above it looks like the BISS key pointer had been corrupted when using live pause.
    If my suspicion is correct it may be that this could be the cause of jerky BISS channels and PVR problems.
    Both problems may have the same cause - we can only hope.

Thanks
    Yes mate, I'd noticed that too - but was so excited that the Biss keys had actually 'stuck' when updating from patch 726P to 752P, I forgot to note it! lol!!
    Lets hope Phantom sees this thread and corrects the following remaining faults:-

PVR dreadful problems
    PLTV HD on 10E jerkiness + audio sync
    SCT HD on 13E freezes immediately yet sound continues
    Line up of existing Biss keys problem above!

Good luck Phantom mate!:respect-055:
    Last edited by holmroad; 03-01-2013 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections

Thanks
    He doesn't read these threads here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    He doesn't read these threads here.
    Yes maybe mate, but assume you noticed this thread was referred to in the Download Centre Feedback section?
    So unless he/she is blind.......!!!!!lol!!odium-016:

Thanks
    @ Phantom:-
    Please note that many of us on the TM6900HD Supers have experienced that the remote occasionally fails to communicate with the box, I personally had forgotten this problem, plus I'd thought it might only be ME who'd noticed it, so I have to switch box off at back and reboot!

Plus we still have problems already reported as follows:-

PVR dreadful problems
    PLTV HD on 10E jerkiness + audio sync
    SCT HD on 13E freezes immediately yet sound continues!:respect-069:

Thanks
    does anyone knows when should be expect for 6900HD non super patch?

Thanks
    Which patch are you currently using mate?:respect-055:

Verified Registered User Italtony's Avatar
    Thanks
    Not sure if anyone has noticed as no one mentioned it but if you go to the official Technomate site and look in support you will find the latest official version for TM 6900 HDS ******** version 7.52 . Useful to have when patching over updates.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Italtony View Post
    Not sure if anyone has noticed as no one mentioned it but if you go to the official Technomate site and look in support you will find the latest official version for TM 6900 HDS ******** version 7.52 . Useful to have when patching over updates.
    Cheers Tony - only thing is that the 'original' firmware to which you refer, is allegedly already contained in patch 752P anyway - so, if true, you would simply be duplicating what's already there mate!:respect-069:

Thanks
    Nothing allegedly about it lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast