Thread: Anyone Got A Clone Solo V2 yet?

Thanks

Anyone Got A Clone Solo V2 yet?

Has anyone got a clone V2 Solo yet?

Thanks
    why would you ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Did not know there were any manufactured yet!

Banned
    Thanks
    Clone of a clone LMAO.

Thanks
    why anybody would buy a clone of any box is beyond me (and yes I have tried them as I have a spare dm800 clone)

buy a real one from the sponsor, and get the backup and knowhow , and the knowledge that official files and tools will always work regardless, that is what I did with my second hand but original dm800 which is still going strong after 4 years and never have to worry about the second stage bootloader or if an image will work or fail or not

if a clone was £50 compared to £300 then maybe its worth considering, but to pay hundreds of pounds for a clone ? you gotta be joking !

if I were buying one, I would buy a real and original and guaranteed box from goldwafers, with a warranty and good backup to boot

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    why anybody would buy a clone of any box is beyond me (and yes I have tried them as I have a spare dm800 clone)
    Then why would one buy a VU+? After all, there's no overlooking the fact that, to all intents and purposes, it's a Dreambox clone. Improved, yes, but still a clone that, like all clones, uses "customised" DreamMultimedia Enigma images. I still wonder how the Koreans actually get away with doing that?

Thanks
    you have your opinion, and I have mine which I am entitled to seeing as its my money being paid out here

I dont view an official vu as a clone, but I do view a clone dm800 of my original dm800 as a clone, and I also view a vu clone as a clone of a vu, which according to your opinion is a clone of a clone of a clone

my point is to buy an "official" one from a uk trusted source as its supported and has a uk warranty, whereas clone boxes and images are notorious for problems and have no real or long lasting support and an almost non-existent warranty

if you class a vu as a clone anyway, then dont buy one, so buy an official dmm product instead like I did, but I have and would buy an "official" vu as I dont class one from goldwafers as a "clone" as he does not sell clones in my sense of what constitutes a clone

Thanks
    "attack of the clones"
    my 2p's worth is you can always improve on something by using higher spec parts (processors ect) this isnt a clone but a competetitor in my book ,a clone is an exact copy with inferior components as in this case
    Last edited by simon 2003; 27-12-2012 at 02:57 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    a digital watch is a clone of a sundial if you use the loose definition of words donki suggests . it would also make a dm800 be a clone of a dm500 .

clones normally refer to imitations or copies with a lack of individuality . the vu products are distinct enough to be imitated themselves .

Thanks
    donki has a bit of an obsession with calling any other box that runs enigma2 a clone.

Don't think he quite grasps that anyone can use open source firmware.

I am sure there is a clue in the description
    Last edited by sonic1; 27-12-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks
    or lets kill all the elephants as they are "clones" of mammoths

so bring back the mammoths and stop looking after their "clones"

or bring back the wooden wheeled bicycle and wooden cartwheels and not use these metal "clones" of the original wooden cartwheel or stone circles, even though the modern metal "clones" are vastly superior to their wooden or stone ORIGINAL counterparts

and as human beings are we clones as I watched a tv programme recently on the bbc that showed other "strains" of human beings like neaderthals and suchlike, some were here prior to homo sapiens too

I believe the description donki used to be too pedantic and I suspect its prejudice against the people who have produced it

most of the boxes we use are clones of other boxes, my icecrypt being a case in point (oktagon), as is my spiderbox too (starview and mvision), blade (technomate 5402) , but doesnt make them bad boxes but they are all concepts based on previous concepts and I believe the dm500 was a new concept based on the older nokia dbox or dbox2 or something similar that ran linux and were extensively used in germany for cable

if the clones of a vu were a quarter the price of a vu, but made with superior components and didnt have power supplies that fail a lot then maybe there is a case to buy a "reliable" clone, but although my clone dm800s HD is a true clone, quite well built and seems to work, its nowhere near as good as my original dm800 when it comes down to trouble free working from the images, that is a fact as I get little or no problems with the original running edg but have had several problems trying to run edg on my clone, and I base my findings on tests like I have conducted and not some half baked theory that prefers germany over korea (prejudice)

I bet he has mp3 and flac files instead of cd, and cd instead of vinyl or tape, and vinyl or tape instead of bakolite

I bet he has divx and mp4 and mkv and dvd`s with dye on them instead of a proper silver backed dvd bought in a shop and pressed in a factory (as opposed to burned on his dvd burner)

the russians cloned concorde !! (concordski) but pulled the plug after it crashed in france at the paris air show due to inferior parts and flying beyond its capabilities (so how did they get away with it long before the koreans ?)

lets have sputnik back instead of the astra 2d clone !! (yeah right)

do we only buy an iphone and not a htc or samsung galaxy because samsung or htc "cloned the iphone" too ? I think not

same goes for ipads versus apads or the galaxy tab

buy a real rolex, and dont buy a "replica" no matter how good it is

in which case turkey wont sell much anymore as most stuff is faked or cloned

so feck clones, and by that I mean MY opinion of what a clone actually is and not the nation or people that produced it

Thanks
    Dreambox took advantage of the successful, open source, enigma1 firmware that dboxes were using in order to take its own share of the market. However dream multimedia took it one step further by creating enigma2. Then Vu took the successful, open source, enigma2 firmware and tried to take its own share of the market. Whether vu developers take enigma2 a step further remains to be seen. Of course the clone market was minimal when dmm created enigma2, compared to today, which means i doubt anyone would spend time and resources to create an enigma 3.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Well Linux is a clone of Unix so anything using Linux is a clone -)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donki View Post
    Then why would one buy a VU+? After all, there's no overlooking the fact that, to all intents and purposes, it's a Dreambox clone. Improved, yes, but still a clone that, like all clones, uses "customised" DreamMultimedia Enigma images. I still wonder how the Koreans actually get away with doing that?
    So an Original Dreambox isn't a clone ??

It's not a copy of a NOKIA Dbox / Dbox 2 ???

Oh and just for info.

Dmm took Vu+ to court because they were making / selling box's that used Enigma2.

Guess what....

DMM lost, in a court in their home country and had to pay Vu+ damages and all costs.
    Last edited by CokeAddict; 27-12-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks

or bring back the wooden wheeled bicycle and wooden cartwheels and not use these metal "clones" of the original wooden cartwheel or stone circles, even though the modern metal "clones" are vastly superior to their wooden or stone ORIGINAL counterparts

and as human beings are we clones as I watched a tv programme recently on the bbc that showed other "strains" of human beings like neaderthals and suchlike, some were here prior to homo sapiens too

I believe the description donki used to be too pedantic and I suspect its prejudice against the people who have produced it

most of the boxes we use are clones of other boxes, my icecrypt being a case in point (oktagon), as is my spiderbox too (starview and mvision), blade (technomate 5402) , but doesnt make them bad boxes but they are all concepts based on previous concepts and I believe the dm500 was a new concept based on the older nokia dbox or dbox2 or something similar that ran linux and were extensively used in germany for cable

if the clones of a vu were a quarter the price of a vu, but made with superior components and didnt have power supplies that fail a lot then maybe there is a case to buy a "reliable" clone, but although my clone dm800s HD is a true clone, quite well built and seems to work, its nowhere near as good as my original dm800 when it comes down to trouble free working from the images, that is a fact as I get little or no problems with the original running edg but have had several problems trying to run edg on my clone, and I base my findings on tests like I have conducted and not some half baked theory that prefers germany over korea (prejudice)

I bet he has mp3 and flac files instead of cd, and cd instead of vinyl or tape, and vinyl or tape instead of bakolite

I bet he has divx and mp4 and mkv and dvd`s with dye on them instead of a proper silver backed dvd bought in a shop and pressed in a factory (as opposed to burned on his dvd burner)

the russians cloned concorde !! (concordski) but pulled the plug after it crashed in france at the paris air show due to inferior parts and flying beyond its capabilities (so how did they get away with it long before the koreans ?)

do we only buy an iphone and not a htc or samsung galaxy because samsung or htc "cloned the iphone" too ? I think not

so feck clones, and by that I mean MY opinion of what a clone actually is and not the nation or people that produced it

The First part you cant really class as so called "Clones" the word to describe this is "Evolution"

Thanks
    true, but my point was about not being pedantic and these linux boxes are also EVOLUTION too
    when there were no patents or lawsuits nature decided to diversify and have several types of the same species and let "survival of the fittest" take its course

had their been a patent out on mammoths then the elephants would have been stopped in a court of law and never allowed to materialise, or we would be arguing that they are clones in a different guise, the mammoths died out and elephants carried on, neanderthals died out and homo sapiens carried on , we didnt EVOLVE from them , but we are the only surviving species of several branches of the human race, unen***bered by lawsuits which have plagued apple and samsung and dmm and vu recently

dmm do not have a monopoly on this and the nokia dbox2 was out before the dm500

so as far as I am concerned the vu is not a "clone" , but a vu clone is a clone of a vu, and not a very good imitation either, same as a replica rolex is nowhere near as good as a real rolex

in this case I believe donki let prejudice override facts, which never stopped the russians cloning concorde

Thanks

#

Sorry Echelon i can not Agree all in that..

Fist Spiderbox is not been a copy of starview ..For two reason..

1.The fist Startview boxes has been produce from Globalteq Kr Same please when Darkbox HD ,,

After success of Spiderbox, Some one in UK ask to have Combo Starviewwith No Lan ( again totally different soft from Spiderbox Options ) and Cable box from same manufacture when Spiderbox produce Irumtek KR ( from same source )

Spiderbox is not a copy of Mvission

Mvission produse in many manifature Lats one they produce SMT China ...and when i produce spiderbox Same offer is done to them from same source From Irumtek KR....( and with software much more low then spidrebox ,in that time was no KNJ and no Service + and no Newcamd server ...They was going Mad to have that...for many years )
    That's mean Spiderbox is not copy of Starview or Mvission,but Spiderbox was MY child with Korean Manufacturer mother Spiderbox is OEM Brand not a copy..Same haw they was the other two brands for diffident territory or diffident Boxes-es

Even i can tell you More...Spiderbox has the work of My developers with Korean engineering working together..
    Starview and Mvission was basing only in Job ready done from Korean ENG with our job stolen from Korean ENG liking to them..

Same story is for Technomate ..5400 !

You call Blade copy !

Technomate is not manufacture, but is OEM Brand and has no Developers their Job is under Korean ENG...

The real Brand is HUBtech...actually the Clark Tech..Been before Technomate with Hubtech ..

why Blade is copy of Technomate !>? ( they produce same manufacturer ) when most software's and ch lists TM is getting from Blade now !? Because Blade is having the real support from Hubtech company is not a copy haw you call. NOW TM can be copy of Hubtech and Blade for the simple reason they coping Humtech stb in cheap Version in Chinese companies..

This clarifications is Done only for one reason because your Post Like Admin has so much Value here..I do not like people misunderstanding the real Value of your Post and some one Misled thing around.

About Vu Plus and Dreambox...

Dreambox do not own any think a part of Enigma2 name they stolen punting in their copyright worlds,
    The only diffident between Dreambox has with Vu plus is HW and The place of productions...

The HW os VU is much more better then Dreambox and Dreambox produse in China and HK and Vu Plus produce home in Korea manufacturer.The developers are same .Who been paid from both parts..Full Stop.

Thanks
    just goes to show it isnt easy to tell who is copying who, but I have the "I WAS BORED ONE DAY" software that can change the spider/sv/mvision to any of the 3 as you well know, this includes the sv combo lan and the sv 9600 caci, and I have changed my bro`s sv combo LAN to spiderbox using this firmware and then the one from march this year

and the clarke/techno/blade/DrHD saga is another case of diversification of the same basic models with different softwares, as is the oktagon/icecrypt/whatever-whoever saga too, which can also be reprogrammed to take E2 firmwares and files and channel lists

the way I see it is this, if there is no interference from patent and copyright lawyers manufacturers make what they think will sell, like bread for instance

so you get boeing and airbus making jet airliners, sometimes using the same engines and computers and softwares and lights and beacons and radar dishes, using the same jetfuel , all have seats and doors and toilets and toilet paper , and carry passengers to and from the same airports

now when I go on holiday I dont care if its an airbus a321 , a boeing 767 , a dreamliner or a 747 thats doing the job

I dont care if the pilot is american, british, spanish or who made the jetfuel in the tanks either

but I do care if the parts on the plane are inferior copies of genuine parts (clones) and cause the brakes to fade or fail, or the aircraft to crash

but if those brake pads are genuine ferodo instead of genuine bosch I dont care as long as they do the job they are designed for
    the same applies to my car engine spark plugs, be they champion or bosch or whatever , doesnt matter as long as they are genuine and they get the job done
    the same applies to my hdd in my lappy, seagate/western digital/hitachi/maxtor/fujitsu , you dont see them arguing, just competing, and I want an original and not a clone/copy
    if I buy a "genuine" sony memory pro stick for a psp, I want one that passes the magicgate test, not one that fails it (same with a sandisk one too)

and to me thats the difference between genuine and clone

I do not perceive a vu as a clone, unless its a vu clone

I also dont think DMM have exclusive rights to linux or enigma or enigma 2 , or the chips in the boxes either

seems to be too many arguments in law like we have seen with apple and samsung recently

they should STFU and produce for the consumers and those that fail will fall by the wayside, same as in nature

this is what we are seeing in the E2 linux box market which is saturated with different boxes like amiko/techno/head etc as well as the usual suspects. I fail to see why anyone can argue that DMM is genuine and everything else is a clone of a dmm, its utter b*ll*x

Thanks
    The Dreambox and VU are two independent bits of separate hardware made by two different legitimate companies. The only thing they share is the ability to run opensource Enigma 2.

That does not the defintion or the meaning of clone.

A clone product is a counterfeit product i.e. a fake product that tries to pass off as the original.

In today's market you have the clones of the original DMM boxes and then you have the clones of the original VU boxes.

It is a fallacy to buy a clone anyway. I have yet to see one or be convinced in anyway shape or form that one can hold a candle to the original product. By the time they will be able to produce a clone of comparable quality to the original the cost will also be close to that of the original. There's no such thing as a free lunch, quality costs money.