Thread: Spiderbox 9900HD Warranty Advice?

Thanks

Spiderbox 9900HD Warranty Advice?

Hi guys,

I purchased a Spiderbox 9900HD from a retailer on 15th November 2012, and have developed the 'stuck on F100' on the display screen issue.

My retailer has said that the F100 problem is due to the software that I have downloaded into the machine to watch channels, and is not covered by warranty.

Is this statement correct, or can I demand a replacement item or full refund?

Thanks

Thanks
    Stuck on F100 is caused by a software crash. If you use the recovery software available on this site you'll be up and running again in no time.

The retailer should have advised you to use the recovery software instead of blaming you for installing 3rd party firmware.

Recovery Tool can be downloaded here, https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ry-tool-HD9900

Thanks
    Thanks buddy,

I did read the posts on the thread 'Stuck on F100', and got the impression that the fix didn't work for everybody?

Is the retailler correct regarding his statement of software downloads not covered by warranty??

Surely, every owner would download the same software from a known reliable source (ala pimps) and the manufacturer would build the receiver to accomodate this.

So the warranty would surely be valid?

Or am I missing something??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris B View Post
    Thanks buddy,

I did read the posts on the thread 'Stuck on F100', and got the impression that the fix didn't work for everybody?

Is the retailler correct regarding his statement of software downloads not covered by warranty??

Surely, every owner would download the same software from a known reliable source (ala pimps) and the manufacturer would build the receiver to accomodate this.

So the warranty would surely be valid?

Or am I missing something??
    if you bought a car and tweaked the engine and it failed or seized, or a playstation or a psp and "chipped" it with 3rd party software,or an iphone and had it "jailbroken" , you have altered it from its "factory setting" and therefore the warranty is invalidated immediately

so any sat box altered from its "factory state" would be considered the same, and that is the aspect you are "missing"
    ie:- it is no longer loaded with the manufacturing firmware it was legally sold with contained within it

check the sale of goods act, an item must be in the same state as it was sold in and any failures or defects must be down to a manufacturing defect

any retailer has the right to inspect goods before honouring any "warranty" and so can easily disprove your claim that its a manufacturing defect as you have loaded 3rd party software into the box

putting it right is down to you, using the tools mentioned above, to put right the damage you inadvertently caused

no software is covered by warranty at the moment anyway, the box maybe, but not any software

check this out _http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/consumer-rights/1931491/isnt-software-covered-undere-sale-act

or this _http://www.out-law.com/page-8458

or this _http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=7637de9e-7014-472e-a15e-d9497e806602

hope that is now clear ?

Thanks
    If you have an RS232 serial port on your PC and a 9 PIN NULL serial lead you'll be OK to use the recovery tool.

If you don't have an RS232 port you'll require a USB to Serial Adapter. Get a good one as some cheap ones don't always work properly. Belkin do a good one.

Your warranty covers your hardware. The hardware isn't broken. Basicallly you have software stuck in a loop and that's what the recovery tool is there for.

Your retailer could also offer to do this for you if you can't manage it yourself. Depends if you got it from a good retailer!

Anyway try it yourself, it's straight forward. Just follow the instructions!

Thanks
    Cheers Guys,

Sound and knowledgeable advice as always.

I was quite shocked on first reading Eche's thread......but on further consideration, it does make perfect sense.

Thanks again for a brilliant forum with fantastic support from all admin staff and members.

I would be truly lost at times without all your help :bow-004:

Merry Christmas to you all :cheers2:

Chris