Thread: blank screen sometimes

Thanks

blank screen sometimes

hello im new to all this sat stuff recently purchased vu+ duo box but sometimes through the day the encrypted channels go to blank screen my ethernet cable runs under carpet from other side of the room could this be the problem because had box checked out by proffessional who installed it and all ok.any ideas thanks rachy.

Banned
    Thanks
    Only if you have to jump up & down on the carpet to get it to work again.

Could be your card or your card reader or if using sealions your dodgy provider. If sealions & ccc@m then use ccc@minfo to see the server status when things go dark. If the lions are red or purple you know the server is down. If then still in doubt take your lions and feed them into an on line checker when the problem happens and see if they come back as live or down. If down then you know for sure it's your provider. If live then your problem is still your end. The other way to ensure it's your provider and not your set up is to, when its blank, try to connect to a download server via the plugins menu or TS Panel. That will prove you network is OK and your provider is having issues.

Some clues in there for you to try.

Don't forget the thanks button!

Thanks
    thanks very much will look into it.

Thanks
    just gone from itv hd to sky sports then to sky sports news working fine then went to sky sports 2 it went blank server ok my mate just told me his is working fine same server and provider.if i restart box all will be fine again maybe for a day or a couple of hours.