Thread: Virgin app allows landline calling over Wi-Fi

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts

Virgin app allows landline calling over Wi-Fi

I hope that it is OK to post this info here, which I have just seen on the other forum, posted by Satdude:

Virgin app allows landline calling over Wi-Fi

Virgin Media is launching a new smartphone app that allows customers to take advantage of the landline calling plan when away from their home.

SmartCall is being positioned as the UK’s first Wi-Fi calling service, it allows customers to use calls from their home phone talk plan, be they at a friend’s, or even abroad.

The intuitive app will automatically detect whether a SmartCall is possible and whether that call is included in their home phone talk plan.

Graeme Oxby, Virgin Media’s executive director of mobile and home phone, said: “SmartCall will stretch the home telephone cord all the way to wherever you might be, whether in a coffee shop in Cornwall or on a beach in Bali. All you need is a home phone from us, a smartphone and a Wi-Fi connection.”

Virgin Media recently completed technical trials of SmartCall and will now open this service up to select customers over the next few weeks, before making it available to all Virgin Phone customers in early 2013.

Virgin Media is also introducing a new talk plan which, for the first time in the UK, will include unlimited calls to all UK mobiles. Combined with SmartCall, the new plan will help customers make considerable savings and get even greater value from their phones.

Regards Satdude.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

koshba (08-11-2012), tonski (08-11-2012)