Thread: accessing your XTREND over the internet - how to

Thanks

accessing your XTREND over the internet - how to

hi guys long time no see\write.

today i put my satbox on the internet, heres how.

first, telnet into your box, and set a password for root !!! (u only have to do this, because the web interface uses the same username and password as your box, you dont have to do this step, but its good security!)

next, go to plugins, and openwebif - config, set authentication to on, and set a random port, write it down.

check that on your lan, when u goto your ******** http://IP address:randomport - that it asks u for a username and password, and check it works.

then login to your router, and find the external IP address of your router, OR create a dyndns account and get a ddns name - then goto wherever port forwarding is on your router, - in mine its in applications\gaming.

then fill in one of the routes with a name, the ip address of your xtrend, TCP, and the random port as above, and enable it.

apply.

job done!

goto your webbrowser, and stick in https://external IP:random port, login and thats that!

should be a sticky!!!!

Thanks
    ps some KEY info, ive had to Port forward these also to stream vid over net to android

8001 TCP Commonly used for internet radio streams such as those using SHOUTcast Unofficial
    8002 TCP Cisco Systems Unified Call Manager Intercluster[citation needed]