Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New S4000 firmware

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dizz View Post
    You guys should really try the new e2 images. They are stable and ( subjectively) have equivalent picture quality.
    E2 images may be good but It's only fair we get what we paid for; a fully working box WITH its original firmware and as Manak M stated 'it still can't do what it advertised it could'.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    And we are long overdue some decent f/w for this box!

Thanks
    I agree with the last 2 statements, we should receive good firmwares for the box "as is" and not have to resort to 3rd party fixes like E2 in the first place
    if I buy a smartphone I expect that company to issue suitable firmware that allows it to work properly, not jailbreak it to run rival softwares

Thanks
    Can confirm, the myth of having a 5400rpm, 64mb cache hard drive for the firmware to work correctly is a load of c**p. Have just tried and same old probs.

Thanks
    My feelings are that they will never produce decent firmware for this box. Thats why I moved to e2. I too would prefer to use a decent original firmware as I use the box to watch tv only, and a decent firmware would be time and maintenance free. Thats the major problem with the box, its got great picture quality, but we all spend hours playing with it trying to make it work reliably.

Thanks
    when i had mine, i deffo thought the E2 images were far superior to the ori f/w.

using the normal crossepg to give you a good 7 day epg, and having nice picons made it a much better box.

this was my first insight to E2, so after learning more and more, i realised that E2 was the dogs do da's and thought it was time to get a a proper dedicated e2 box.

i hadnt ever dabbled in E2, and had always used ori f/w's.

my previous box, topfield tf5500 just worked, and worked well, for many years, but then HD came out, which it couldnt do....so went on from their.

if i was anyone still with this box, the most sensible thing you can do, is sell it, and use the money towards something that works out of the box.

i dread to think how many hours i spent playing about on it, trying to fix crashes (in E2 mainly) - and then i had the HDMI problem, where something in my house\av setup, froze the screen on certain transponders.

i now spend equivalent amount of time on my azbox - constantly fiddling about trying to get it working as it should out of the box - this is a sign that the box is not fit for purpose.

HOWEVER, with the box i bought after selling my ICE (Xtrend 9200) i hardly spend any time on it, other than the occasional updates (daily) from the menu, and it just works, and i enjoy watching tv on it, as its very stable, timeshift works, timers are reliable, its quick, just a total pleasure to use - im sure those with the VU+ DUO range are of the same opinion
    Last edited by ManikM; 10-11-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    if i was anyone still with this box, the most sensible thing you can do, is sell it, and use the money towards something that works out of the box
    This is exactly what my next step is if the next firmware release is still half complete. I honestly have my doubts that they ever will sort this box out & a year down the line we still gona be moaning about the problems on satpimps

Thanks
    i would say 2 years maybe 3
    Last edited by ManikM; 10-11-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123