Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New S4000 firmware

V.I.P
    i do not support by pm please do posts on the forums
    Thanks

New S4000 firmware

I'm posting here the latest S4000 firmware version 1.11.07 for you guys to test.
    It should have a few fixes to the long list of bugs but to be honest I would prefer your feedbacks rather than list what the Koreans claim to have fixed!
    I have already noted that the full synopsis is only populated on the 7 day EPG if the express TV download option is used but not the auto background download.
    The EPG background download can now be switched off in the EPG options(FAV button).
    I'm sure I will hear how stable or unstable it is very shortly.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Backed up system and service data and switched off plugins and loaded 1.11.07 from usb.
    Loaded OK, did factory reset and loaded system and service data. Noted new installation GUI.
    New Slow Motion using the pause button worked OK. Fast Forward and Backward seems to have improved.
    New red button on channel recall worked (delete all).
    Programme synopsis is available in the EPG for about 8 hours on initial loading but overnight degrades to Now and Next.
    Plugins working OK.
    Big issue on slow channel changing and accessing the menu, sometimes taking up to 10 seconds to change if it does not lock and require reboot.
    Disappointing and am considering back to dear OLD .32

Thanks
    Tried loading this firmware. After a while the display showed Err:0x71 and now the receiver will not boot up.

I checked that the md5sum of the image on the USB stick was the same as the extracted file, which is was. Both were: 7267c6fbcfdb5415bd53d6e42a4dbad0

Not a happy bunny! :18:

Verified Registered User joe2419's Avatar
    Thanks
    loaded new f/w but keeps popping up scrambled channel, invalid mac addy any ideas thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Chris217, Error 71 can happen to any machine whilst upgrading.
    There are checksums etc to try to avoid it but it still happens on the odd occasion.
    Its back to the old serial recovery I'm afraid.
    The method has been posted many times here..
    Joe2419 I need a little more details from you m8!
    Are you using a C-line, or some other C/S method like Nasscam, or a CAS and Card or is this just happening on FTA channels????

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Tried to revert back to .32 f/w and got the dreaded Error 71!
    Dug out all the gear and recovered using Porter Express and reloaded 1-11-07 etc and tried to replicate the Error 71 by reloading .32
    Went on perfectly!!
    One other issue I forgot to mention in Post 2 is that recordings using the EPG do not carry the programme synopsis.
    Now back on .32 until the next Korean effort on the f/w.

Verified Registered User joe2419's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi coldAsICE i am using an n-line in mgcamd v 1.38 only happens on encrypted channels thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Joe2419, sorry m8 the old MGcamd plugin is not compatible with the newer API layer.
    It wont work with any firmware newer than V*.10.67 in any model.
    If your using MGcamd you need to wait until the plugin is updated.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buck401 View Post
    Backed up system and service data and switched off plugins and loaded 1.11.07 from usb.
    Loaded OK, did factory reset and loaded system and service data. Noted new installation GUI.
    New Slow Motion using the pause button worked OK. Fast Forward and Backward seems to have improved.
    New red button on channel recall worked (delete all).
    Programme synopsis is available in the EPG for about 8 hours on initial loading but overnight degrades to Now and Next.
    Plugins working OK.
    Big issue on slow channel changing and accessing the menu, sometimes taking up to 10 seconds to change if it does not lock and require reboot.
    Disappointing and am considering back to dear OLD .32

where is vesion 32 firmware just cant find it i take this is stable unlike the later firmware

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaza View Post
    where is vesion 32 firmware just cant find it i take this is stable unlike the later firmware
    in here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...nguage-problem

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdAsICE View Post
    Hi Chris217, Error 71 can happen to any machine whilst upgrading.
    There are checksums etc to try to avoid it but it still happens on the odd occasion.
    Its back to the old serial recovery I'm afraid.
    The method has been posted many times here..
    Sorry, but I cannot let this pass. This has already happened to me twice. With a reasonable CRC, the chance of undetected corruption is extremely low. Were the CRC implementation any good, the probability of me having two failures on probably fewer than twenty firmware updates is, I calculate, around one in 3.5 trillion. Using a proper cryptographic hash would reduce the probability of failure to as close to zero as makes no odds.

Frankly, and this is no criticism of you and the help you have very kindly provided here, I am increasingly of the view that my S4000 was simply a bad buy. It is likely that I will simply load .32 firmware on it, and give it to a local charity shop that accepts electrical equipment and buy something better.

Thanks very much again for your help, both now and in the past.

Thanks
    its not a bad box or a bad buy , its simply bad support from the koreans

I think they were hired from the technomate 9100 debacle, as that box never got a good, stable basic image to work from either

you would have thought that after all this time they could produce a basic foundation, stable enough to add rooms and walls and floors and windows without it wobbling and falling over all the time

but no, they built it on shaky ground instead of solid granite and every time they take 1 step forward they go 2 steps back, and this can clearly be seen when we keep having to go back to .32 firmware from 6 MONTHS AGO ! , which wasnt even posted in the FIRMWARE SECTION as it was a beta posting for us to test out which is why gaza couldnt find it, or even older firmware in order to get some semblance of stability, the checksum errors are just another feature of this twisted philosophy, and in the retail market they wouldnt get away with it as their jobs would be on the line

you can see the same thing happening in one or two other boxes, albeit they may be being worked on by the chinese who have less background in the field

I have mentioned this on several occasions, so now have no hope of these programmers getting the firmware working properly on this 4000 box, and were I in the market for another box it would be a vu or something similar as I have no faith in the support for the ice, same as I didnt with the tm9100 which caused me to ditch their boxes completely !!

if I said what I really thought about those programmers the sentence would be unreadable as it would have a lot of **** in it !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    its not a bad box or a bad buy , its simply bad support from the koreans
    I do wonder whether the problem is rather more than that. The SH processor is less mainstream than the PPP or ARM processors used in other receivers and embedded Linux systems. When I last looked, the tool chain was much less mature and therefore probably produces poorer code. Also, the processor core appears to be underpowered. These two issues would be likely to make the programmers' job much harder.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chris217 View Post
    I do wonder whether the problem is rather more than that. The SH processor is less mainstream than the PPP or ARM processors used in other receivers and embedded Linux systems. When I last looked, the tool chain was much less mature and therefore probably produces poorer code. Also, the processor core appears to be underpowered. These two issues would be likely to make the programmers' job much harder.
    seems that it works ok under E2 however, so cant see it being that hard, also other boxes like the spiderbox, eagle box , dreambox , technomate box , openbox and others dont seem to have problems like these. my own original dm800HD is older then my icecrypt 4000 and doesnt suffer from the basic problems repeatedly reported on here either, and neither does my clone dm800HD box too

I am sure that these programmers could produce a good and basic firmware and should have done so before the box went on sale instead of making it up as they go which happened with the tm9100 and also with the eagle 800

I can see them dropping the development of the 4000 firmware in favour of newer boxes, which is what these koreans tend to do, and its always any excuse to favour the newer boxes they are currently selling over older boxes already paid for that have never worked correctly from day one

Thanks
    Hi guys anyone know how to get YouTube on the s4000 hd

Thanks
    Hi all,

Loaded the new firmware, no major issues as yet other then sometimes freezes and locks up on N*S channels, but this could a xcam issue, using the plugin from aug 12.

I was wondering if these problems are specific to the Icecrypt version of the reciever and others, such as the Octagon and Atevio are ok.

If so was wondering if i could change the firmware to say Octagon, if possible without having to use a serial cable, load that version of the firmware and see if its any better, but if not to be easily able to restore the Icecrypt firmware.

Thanks.

Thanks
    So am i correct in believing that the fuss about the firmware working correctly was by having a 64mb cache & a 5400rpm drive a load of ****. Didn't bother loading the new firmware; a big thanks to buck401 who saved me the hassle & anger lol
    On a side note, does anyone other than me have a slow motion type of problem on ANY firmware versions? Example everything is working great and then the picture starts jerking like in slow mo but the sound continues and you either have to switch the channel and back again or go into main menu and exit again (anyone else?). Been using the .67 past few months.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    if I said what I really thought about those programmers the sentence would be unreadable as it would have a lot of **** in it !
    Lol respect 👍

I've mentioned this previously but here goes again...
    Why o Why 👀 don't they just implement the EPG into the .32 firmware and LEAVE it as it is instead of faffing around and trying to add bells and whistles which hardly work. It sure would make me and ALOT of other users happy.
    Last edited by blakmumba; 15-10-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by berliner View Post
    I was wondering if these problems are specific to the Icecrypt version of the reciever and others, such as the Octagon and Atevio are ok.
    Currently I am running some old atevio image 1.08.XX and it suffers the same issues then the icecrypt versions.
    - With time shift picture freezes for half a minute while sounds keeps running once in a while.
    - Not able to delete recordings
    - No EPG on UK channels

Thanks
    Well, decided to put the Octagon version of the firmware on, will see how it goes, if as bad revert back to the Ice,
    the only thing missing is the power saving option.

Found that option, also no open epg, some loss off sound when using timeshift(also happened with ice soft)
    Last edited by berliner; 16-10-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast