Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TomTom Android v1.0 Europe

Thanks
    @Traveller

I'm also using copilot version 8.2.0.218 with the western european map on it. If you have a more updated map that would be great. I still can't connect to tomtom's server for some reason, my HTC HD2 was plugged into the mains, had the wifi on and the usual mobile network on but still no joy. Seems like no one has an answer for this problem.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eddman View Post
    @Traveller

I'm also using copilot version 8.2.0.218 with the western european map on it. If you have a more updated map that would be great. I still can't connect to tomtom's server for some reason, my HTC HD2 was plugged into the mains, had the wifi on and the usual mobile network on but still no joy. Seems like no one has an answer for this problem.
    Sorry m8 I have no idea why it won't work. May be uninstall, reboot and reinstall.

Thanks
    @traveller
    Do you think if somebody uploads the map and places it on a share site somewhere to download it might work? If anyone has similar issues with their phones this method of obtaining the maps might be the answer. I have tomtom running on windows 6.5 from my HTC HD2 and download the maps from different sites with no problems. I'm sure as the android versions progress maps maybe downloaded like the windows version. I will look around and see if there are any separate maps for tomtom android, if not I will wait until things progress.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manhatten View Post
    Just done a journey today and it is working great, Perhaps we may get speed cam files later,
    Hi mate, I loaded the unzipped (rared!) apk file to my sd card - so how do I then 'see' it on my Huwei Ascend G300?
    All I see on my sd card via file manager etc are the 'img' photos I've taken!
    I have also sent winrar file as an attachment to myself via a*l email - but its struggling to open that rar file too - so stumped at moment!
    Help!

PS: I later loaded the winrar file to my Huawei Ascend G300 SD card - and its loading ok!
    Thanks again guys!:respect-067:
    Last edited by holmroad; 13-10-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitseggs View Post
    Thanks rickt
    I did most things wrong. However i installed the programme onto the sd card, put it back into the phone and then downloaded the apps installation application. TomTom installed right away and then asked if I wanted to install the maps. Now running fine.
    I did all that vmate, found it was nicely displaying my home area - then went on to the usuall T/T instructions, 'set route' etc - all fine!
    However I went out of the app - and now when I go into look for it, I cant find it anywhere on my Huewi Ascend 300G phone anywhere!
    Where SHOULD it be please anyone?
    Maybe for some reason its not saved it properly - after over 2 hours of d/l!!

Thanks
    I couldn't trial it whilst at blackpool as it rained every day and we were on foot.

I did give it a go whilst on the train coming back home. I set the route as normal and it kept recalculating the route as the train moved and gave spoken directions complete with road numbers so it looks like it works fine.

dog-man

Thanks
    I still find it weird that after 'apparently' installing both software AND maps during the whole two hour installation period, that once I went out of the 'normal' TomTom displays, back into the 'normal' part of phone (Huewei Ascend G300) there is no sign of it as an App - which I had been expecting!
    So, assuming it really DID 'totally' install properly, how do I now select the T/T app, when its nowhere to be seen alongside all the other apps in my phone?
    Do I really now have to go back in and re-do the whole installation, in case I missed a 'save' option somewhere along the line - maybe right at the end?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by holmroad View Post
    I still find it weird that after 'apparently' installing both software AND maps during the whole two hour installation period, that once I went out of the 'normal' TomTom displays, back into the 'normal' part of phone (Huewei Ascend G300) there is no sign of it as an App - which I had been expecting!
    So, assuming it really DID 'totally' install properly, how do I now select the T/T app, when its nowhere to be seen alongside all the other apps in my phone?
    Do I really now have to go back in and re-do the whole installation, in case I missed a 'save' option somewhere along the line - maybe right at the end?
    In your apps look for the name of the map, not tomtom. I think its under w.euerope or europe, so in the w' or e's not in the t' if looking alphabetically

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noff View Post
    In your apps look for the name of the map, not tomtom. I think its under w.euerope or europe, so in the w' or e's not in the t' if looking alphabetically
    Thank you mate, I had found it in the end under 'Europe' - cant believe how stupid I seem!! lol!!
    Thanks again all - its a brilliant download!:number-one-043:

Thanks
    Is there any way of absorbing the latest Safety Camera file etc into this Android 'maps' file please?:respect-069:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eddman View Post
    @Traveller

Hi are you rooted? if so I have Copilot 9.3.0.173 full Europe. Lucky patcher is required to get it working. This is the one I use along side my subscribed TT Live IQ. The Copilots traffic is not a patch on TT live though.

Thanks
    Thanks m8, put it on my samsung ace, by sd card, installed it, but get a message , unable to connect to tomtom, try again later ? is this right ?

Thanks
    I think TomTom may have blocked this app.

I just tried to install it on my Motorola Xoom and get the same message about being unable to connect.

I suppose there could be a problem at tomtoms end it will be fixed, but I think it has been blocked.

At least I have it on my SGSII.

dog-man

Thanks
    @traveller
    I don't think its rooted, my android rom is running from the sd card. But I'll give it a try. Also tomtom may have blocked their app from my phone that's why I can't connect. Other members here are having the same problem so I'm not alone. Never mind, at least I've got tomtom running on my windows side of my phone.

Thanks
    My mate dl'd it last Thursday on SSG2. Worked fine then.

Thanks
    Yea just tried installing again on onex and am getting unable to connect, think it may have been blocked

Thanks
    Me too on my Xoom.

Luckily, I managed to install it on my SGSII before they possibly have blocked it.

dog-man

Thanks
    I did mine before all the recent probs opening it and it worked pefectly for a while - but now I too cannot open it on my Huawei Ascend G300 either - it states 'unable to connect'!

Thanks
    Mine is still working as it doesn't connect to Tom Tom as far as I know.
    I downloaded all the maps I wanted when I installed it.

dog-man

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
    Mine is still working as it doesn't connect to Tom Tom as far as I know.
    I downloaded all the maps I wanted when I installed it.

dog-man

Well mine CERTAINLY used to connect to TomTom before - and it says it cannot connect any more - 'retry'?!:respect-050:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast