Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: new motor setup satellite signal but no picture

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yeah totally agree mister-t....the members on here are amazeing with their imputs
    helping out a fellow member...glad you sorted flickerrr

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post

he now has the satisfaction of doing it himself and achieving what we all have done, getting a motor and dish to track the arc ! by DIY methods

so glad its sorted

be interesting now to see what sig and quality he gets on 5w on france 2 , 3 and 5, or the others I mentioned and gave figures for

also be interesting to compare what he gets on the channels and satellites that others mentioned too, for comparison
    I will look tonight and let you know signals on 5w - i didnt look at them should have but im getting 84% on 13e and 98% quality so very happy. Couldnt believe the other sats just fell into line so easily really wasnt expecting that but maybe got lucky there!

Mister-t hope your feeling better now!!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    i'm a lot better now thanks
    and happy your sorted now sit back and enjoy the wonders of multisat tv and keep away from those mucky channels lol

mister-t

Vu+UNO [ViX-3.0-558-Build CCcam MGcamd][with keys][SpiderBox HD & SD]
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flickerrr View Post
    Well guys hope your sitting down - IV DONE IT!! Got 13e hotbird and unbelieveably all the other satellites work too, cant believe it

thank you all for your help and hopefully this long winded thread will help others some day!!

Thank you all
    Stevie, I hear you had a couple of local friends pop a long to give you a helping hand, it's great news now enjoy your satellite viewing

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ^^COMPASS^^ View Post
    Stevie, I hear you had a couple of local friends pop a long to give you a helping hand, it's great news now enjoy your satellite viewing
    if thats the case then well done to the local friends
    maybe we should have a stickey thread on people who would not mind helping others in there local areas,non profitable of course
    i actually helped a lad in birmingham setup is motorised dish,all it cost was a few cups of coffee,plus you get to meet the other members

mister-t

Thanks
    Yeh Compass you were next on the list!!

Good idea too Mister-t i think even i could help someone now lol :ack2:

Thanks
    Echelon - not getting anything on 0.8W or 5W i think its a tree blocking me so thats been my reason for not getting set up on the sats! Gonna do some chopping this weekend!
    Tell me this, I am able to get some channels on 4.8E - but i cant get tv2 pl1 2 etc - should i be able to pick them up? Was hoping they were the same as on 0.8W and would save the tree!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    anything in the line of sight of your dish could well block your signal.after 1w i get nothing untill i get to 30w due to roof line in the waythe tv2 pl channels you mention are they the 12456 frequency if so i only get sound on those but sig is 59% but only use 80cm dish here in walsall west midlands

mister-t

Thanks
    Echelon - not getting anything on 0.8W or 5W i think its a tree blocking me so thats been my reason for not getting set up on the sats! Gonna do some chopping this weekend!
    Tell me this, I am able to get some channels on 4.8E - but i cant get tv2 pl1 2 etc - should i be able to pick them up? Was hoping they were the same as on 0.8W and would save the tree!
    well, I did mention several times in my replies that you must have no obstructions blocking the signal, including trees or walls or buildings !

so the fact that a tree is blocking some signals should have been obvious from the beginning

4.8e is harder to get the further west you go as its aimed at scandinavia, not the uk , and definitely not northern ireland

I have no idea if the 4.8e channels are the same channels as 0.8w

time to get the chainsaw out

Thanks
    Yeh Mister-t they are on 12456 - i have 120cm dish and am picking up other channels on same sat so thought i should be able to pick them up. Was wondering do they maybe only broadcast when match is on but if your getting sound then i must have other issues.

Thanks
    I know you did echelon but didnt think this would be in way - it wont be for much longer! Am i right in assuming if i can get some channels from 4.8e that therefore i am picking up the sat and should be able to get other channels on the same sat - as long as i have the card for it?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You might want to check PLTV HD, on 10E, 11387 V 30000 S2 8PSK 3/4, this is encrypted, in BISS, but the keys are currently known, they broadcast in English and show most games, including a Saturday 3PM game.

Thanks
    I know you did echelon but didnt think this would be in way - it wont be for much longer! Am i right in assuming if i can get some channels from 4.8e that therefore i am picking up the sat and should be able to get other channels on the same sat - as long as i have the card for it?
    no, because as I said the sats at 4.8e are aimed at scandinavia and not ireland , so the further east you go the easier it becomes

you will get some channels like the travel channel and hustler , but you are unlikely to get every channel beamed from 4.8e, and you would probably need a card or cs feed to decode them anyway, even if you could pick them up (sometimes the scandinavia countries use internet for decryption by valid subscribers to their subbed boxes, no idea if these channels need that however)

I get them here in the north west on a 120cm dish, but sound only , they dont decode , the audio sounds like the same as we get on 0.8w however

Thanks
    Thanks guys i get PLTV HD on 10E ok was just trying to save a trees life!! I should be able to get them on 0.8W. Echelon i do get the travel channel but not sure about hustler :biggrinjester:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yeh Mister-t they are on 12456 - i have 120cm dish and am picking up other channels on same sat so thought i should be able to pick them up. Was wondering do they maybe only broadcast when match is on but if your getting sound then i must have other issues.
    you might be picking up channels on same sat,but some frequencies are different,weaker,more aimed at country they are for.i seem to get plenty off that sat
    but certain ones i would never get,some give me no signal at all,if i raised my ground stand pole by say 2 or 3 feet i could more than likely get the sats my roof line obstructs.but seeing as most providers broadcast on several sats anyway it just aint worth the hassle,.as for the pl channels they are the same as on 1w
    so in my opinion your better going for those if you can get the tree sorted,or 10e as been suggested as that has english comms

V.I.P
    Thanks
    hustler tv sometimes comes up as pg tv or something simmilar
    just check through your channel list for that sat

mister-t

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345