Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vu+ duo

Thanks

Icon14 vu+ duo

well ive oreded 1 today from goldwaffers and a 250g hdd so ill be here for help :applause-003:

Thanks
    I am sure you will enjoy it.

Thanks
    as some of you know ive got v+ duo set up .now how do i put a doffrent image on it plus emus ive got 250hd installed.been reading am i right that cannot go on multiboot but only flash.how do i flash it do i have to ues usb or is it done thru ethernet like you do with dream box. so basically im asking which is best image to install then i need emus so any advice please.also what chanell list is best to use ive always ysed vhannibal list.can i still use it ? if it helps im now useing windows 7 so does everything work with windows 7 ie that vccu interface cannot remember what its called now any help please.

Thanks
    this is what i mean VuCC Vu+ Control Centre V0.5 ive just downloaded it so is it ok on windows 7 thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Which image you use, is personal choice.

Personally I am a Blackhole fan, but ViX is very popular as are VTi and Openpli images among others.

As for how to install them, there is a sticky at the top of this section (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ting-up-Vu-Duo)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CokeAddict View Post
    Which image you use, is personal choice.

Personally I am a Blackhole fan, but ViX is very popular as are VTi and Openpli images among others.

As for how to install them, there is a sticky at the top of this section (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ting-up-Vu-Duo)
    thanks cokeaddict i think im going to try black hole can you reccomed which 1 i should use. just been reading the guide how to install but not sure which blackhole version i should use any help please thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    1.7.7b is the current version, but 1.7.8 is due out very soon and will have some updates / fix's.

Blackhole is a great image, but you can't update it online, you have to manually install it everytime which means backing up all your files and loading them back on again each time.

If you want an online updateable (is that a word ?) image blackpole or vix would be a better choice.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    as cokeaddict mentioned,you image is a personal choice and depends upon what you may wish to do with your box.

BLackhole is a good image and well supported,but it has problems,in particular,streaming and recording.although its claimed 1.7.8 will fix these issues when its released.we shall see.
    if you wish to do alot of streaming with plugins such as 1ch,then Blackpole is a better choice as its optimized for networking and streaming,and is the image that i personally use.it also has online updates,but far fewer new versions than Blackhole,so updating drivers ect has to be done manually.

all part of the fun though and i can just imagine how excited you are right now and desperate to start playing with your new toy.

Ian.

ps
    no probs using vhannibal settings with any image you choose and these are the settings that i use too.
    just download and use dreamset to load these settings.
    Last edited by ian; 23-09-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks
    thanks for all your replys this is what is on v+ duo
    version: nov 8 2011-vuplus_experimental
    image:experimental 2011-11-08
    frontprocessor version 0
    tuner a bem 7335
    tuner b bem 7335
    internal sata 250 gb

so it looks like it does not have blackhole on so im going to try and put it on.will i have to install cam thru VuCC or is there a exta url. i was looking at VuCC last night not really sure how it works.only ever used flashfxp so it looks like im going to sit a read dummies guide in the sticky.any advice please ive downloaded blackhole withou hbb the 1.7.7 lite thanks.

ps because im useing windows 7 should i download dreamsetx64 becuase eveything ive put on it says 64bit runs smother.
    Last edited by kennyboy; 23-09-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks
    ive downloaded ver 2.36 64bit filled in ip for box no pasword left user as root.firmware custom what should that be.software enigma 2 ver 3 then its got
    satellite.xml /share/tuxbox
    services.bouquets /var/tuxbox/config/enigma

when i do test config ips ok
    /share/tuxbox/satellite.xml ok
    /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/lamedb error so what have i done wrong with dreamset.again only used dreambox edit.can that be used for bouquet thanks.

Thanks
    db edit can be used, yes

what image are you using, or intending to use?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    catch 22 when trying to load settings for the very first time im afraid.

dreamset needs the lamedb file to be in the box to be able to send over the new lamedb file lol.but of course its not there because its never been sent when using a new image.

the simple solution is to open your new settings with flashfxp and then just FTP the lamedb file over.

then connect with dreamset again and this time because the lamedb is there it will allow you to send over the new settings that also included the lamedb.

a bizarre situation thats always been this way for years.no one has ever tried to fix it.

Ian.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Personally I don't use dreamset as i've never had much luck with it (seems to have a habit of messing up my channel lists).

So I would recommend dbedit.

That said if your going to use catseye, or vhannibal settings, you can download them directly from the blackhole addon's panel.

Thanks
    ive managed to install bh and ive ftp cccam 213 with filezilla. ive tryed to use flashfxp but it wants a password what is it please. or does it not have 1. if not can i telnet with passwd and use what i want to use with flash. this is abit harder than a db lol. i cannot find cccam 213 in usr bin. but i can see my cccam config file in ect. ive managed to down load vhannibal settings. but i like to edit them myself take out what i dont need. ive got chanells to clear from my shares and ive put my white sly card in top slot with chip down is that right? but i dont know if its reading my card so now i have to find cccam info. also had some1 round today to fit new cables but im not sure what setting in tuner config to use tuner is on motor dish but i want tuner b to run of sly dish but not sure what to set tuner b on in set up theres simple advance and loop thru and tuner b thru motor. well i need it on motor and sly so how do i set that up please. nearly pulled all my hair out now so calling it aday till tomorrow thanks every1 for your help.

ps when i tryed dbedit it said could not open port 80 is that wrong thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    yes telnet in and change the password.

The default login is root and no password is set.

No idea about cccam as I don't know where you have put it lol.

The top card slot is reader 0 iirc and yes chip down.

CCcam will read your card no matter which slot it is in, but oscam will need to be told where the card is.

Thanks
    thanks ckeaddict ive tryed to telnet into v+ ie run telnet 192.168.x.xx but it comes back windows cannot find telnet make sure you have typed the name correctly and try again. tryed it a couple of times but will not telnet. accessories run then typ telnet then v+ ip addy but will not do ive just got this pc windows7 am i doing it right thanks.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Have you made sure telnet is installed?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    As Zeke has said, you need to install telnet in windows 7.

Just to go to programs in control panel, click turn on / off windows features and then tick telnet client.

Thanks
    thanks for replys not just v+ but also got to get used to windows 7 what a pain.

Thanks
    telnet up and running now to install flahfxp again. how do i turn mcafee of im using the 1 on here but it will not let me install patch thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast