Thread: Echostar AD3000ip problem

Thanks

Echostar AD3000ip problem

Don't know if anyone can help me with this problem, for a while now I have just been using this receiver as a positioner the problem is that there is no picture or audio.
    Just recently the Humax and Dreambox have gone t*ts up and it looks like the 3000ip may be the easiest (I hope) to repair. It powers up and the menu works fine but the signal and quality levels stay at 10 or 11. I have tried it with the newest firmware and it accepts it but it alters nothing, has anyone had dealings with this kind of problem?

I say this may be the easiest to repair as I have taken the other two to a repair shop, the guy said he could do nothing with the Dreambox (a mini transformer which he could not get hold of (little black square encapsulated thing) and he had mended the Humax (lasted about 5 days then went dead again)

I live in Newcastle upon Tyne (if, as last resort) if I need to take it in somewhere for repair, anyone know a good, cheap repair shop

Verified Registered User Magwitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Have you access to a multimeter? A cheap one wiil do, just something to measure the various output voltages from the power board. The power supply is always suspect in the AD3000ip.

As you have some supplies to the main board, it may just be the voltage to the LNB gone missing. I have the power supply voltage readings I can give you if you need them and can check them yourself.
    Last edited by Magwitch; 10-09-2012 at 03:31 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Magwitch For This Useful Post:

Grahamc (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Magwitch, I have a multimeter the information would be great (and a how to do it if possible) cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamc View Post
    Magwitch, I have a multimeter the information would be great (and a how to do it if possible) cheers
    OK, I'll dig the figures out (when I find them )

If you can read a schematic, I can upload one for the AD3000ip power supply.

Thanks
    Here are the voltages from the power supply to the mainboard.

Before you take the lid off the receiver, have a check of the V/H voltages at the LNB socket. They should be 13V or 18V (near enough) depending on the transponder you are tuned to.

To check the voltage conditions coming from the power supply, you need to locate the terminal strip on the mainboard. This is the larger of the two at the bottom left hand side of the mainboard.

Numbering is 1 to 15 starting from the left.

1,5,7 is Chassis Ground.
    2 is +8V
    3,4 is +5V
    6 is +12V
    8 is +21V
    9 is +30V
    10 -
    11 is +5V
    12 -
    13 -
    14 -
    15 -

(Not necessary to check dashed numbers - they're I/P and O/P controls)

Connect your meter's -ve to the receiver's chassis and probe the top of each terminal strip's connectors with the +ve lead, making sure your meter is switchd to a voltage >30V.

The schematic shows the voltages to be expected on the right hand side of page one.

Don't try checking any voltages in the power supply itself - there are some lethal voltages in there!
    Attached Files Attached Files

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Magwitch For This Useful Post:

Grahamc (14-09-2012)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I assume you tried all the scarts including the decoder one? and you used the 1000 version software.