Thread: Front Clock and Channel Display poor

Thanks

Front Clock and Channel Display poor

I am pleased with the performance of my 9900 but am disappointed with the front display panel. The ullumination is so poor it can only be read in a darkened room. My friend liked the box so he bought one too. His has the same problem so I suppose Spiderbox released them in this condition. Do any of you more enlighted guys know if Spiderbox intend to solve the problem or offer a replacement.

Best Regards, Moyman

Thanks
    From what I have read it seems to be a hardware problem (design **** up) so it's unlikely to be fixed by any future software patch.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roybach View Post
    From what I have read it seems to be a hardware problem (design **** up) so it's unlikely to be fixed by any future software patch.
    Whilst not wishing to be critical of your opinion on the OP's problem, I also have a Spiderbox 9900 HD, and do not have any such problem with the clock or channel display on my receiver and I have had it for 9 months, however I have seen other posts referring to that problem, maybe they have come from a bad batch or the manufacturers have used less suitable components, caps etc in the later receivers.

Here is a quote from Anrakh on the other forum in reply to a member with a similar problem:

There's no adjustment. It's hardware.
    Last edited by Aldo; 09-09-2012 at 12:38 AM.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Turn the eco rubbish off, or the standby settings.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I had the same problem and tried turning the box off at the back waited about half an hour and turned it back on. The display returned to the brighter setting it had when I purchased it. Hope it works for you.

Thanks
    Sitting here now in darkness and I for the life of me can't read the display of my spiderbox because the lighting is awful. Below the spiderbox is my Technomate 1500CI+ and it is so bloody bright and clear, you could read it a mile away.

The display on mine is a sham.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    If you have the Eco version try going into the menu and turning the eco option off. The Spiderbox display isn't brilliant but is readable.

Thanks
    My display and remote were gr8 on 9000. on 9900 given up trying to see display
    and automatically do strange shapes to get remote to point directly at box
    glad i didnt get one before price dropped

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Bought my Spiderbox 9900 a couple of months ago and it has the same problem. I approached the retailer about it afterwords and he dismissed the condition, saying that i was not a design/hardware flaw, simply that dimmed clock/channel display LEDs were frequently like that. I guess that if enough of us were to return the units the problem would be fixed in short order. If one were to go overboard on this, the manufacturers could be liable for false advertising. The 9900 (and other models) is *always* advertised with a bright channel display.

That having been said, I've concluded that it's a flaw I can live with and otherwise I'm quite happy with the performance of the 9900.