Thread: s4000hd bricked

Thanks

s4000hd bricked

Hi all,

I have just installed maxi flasher twin using code provided all seemed to go well I then turned off with the remote and the box started normally with no dual boot menu I cant remember wether I had put the usb stick in or not at this point. After I inserted the usb stick I turned the box off with the remote and powered it off with the switch at the back since then the box is completely dead no lights no activity at all. Having removed the usb stick it appears to have nothing on it I suspect this may have caused the problem but this is just a guess.

I am hoping it will be possible using porter express and serial cable to recover the box, if not I it will be down to the local repair shop and I have learnt a lesson to do more reading up in future.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    With no power going to the ice, i doubt porter or aaf will work but try the steps below. If you HAVE managed to install maxiflasher then porter express will NOT work. Try using porter express steps 1st and if that dosn't detect yr ice then use aaf recovery tool. Hope it works for ya

(Porter Express)

>Switch off icecrypt from mains or toggle switch from rear
    >Connect icecrypt to com port on pc
    >Run porter express (run as admin on win 7)
    >Choose software from drop down box
    >Hit 'Browse' and Choose flash cleaner you downloaded for your box
    >Hit 'Download'
    >Switch on receiver from the mains or the toggle switch on rear of receiver
    >Wait for 'Complete' to show on display on icecrypt and porter express
    >Power down icecrypt and back on
    >Wait for the 'erase' and 'write' to complete on icecrypt (100%)
    >Once completed go into icecrypt main menu, select System Recovery and System restore to factory default.
    >Power down Icecrypt and switch receiver off from mains or toggle switch on rear
    >Hit browse and now select the firmware file for your box on porter express
    >Hit 'download'
    >Switch on receiver from the mains or the toggle switch on rear of receiver
    >Wait for 'Complete' to show on display on icecrypt and porter express
    >Power down icecrypt and back on
    >Wait for the 'erase' and 'write' to complete on icecrypt (100%)
    >ALL DONE

(AFF Recovery)

>Power off Icecrypt and connect icecrypt with a null modem cable to a com port
    and a ethernet lead to your router
    >Select correct com port on main settings page on AAF Recovery
    >Press connect button
    >Power on Icecrypt and wait for connection
    >Fill in correct ip addresses in the given fields
    >Once connected press Save
    >On the top tabs choose 'Re-seller id
    >Under 'select re-seller id' choose Atevio AV7000
    >Click 'Set Re-seller id'
    >Now select 'Recovery Image' on the top tab
    >Press Start
    >Once finished, choose 'Re-seller id' and change back to 'Icecrypt s4000' and hit Save
    >Download Flashcleaner and install via usb or porter express (recommended)
    >Once completed and box has rebooted, on Icecrypt main menu, select System Recovery and System restore to factory default.
    >Download Icecrypt firmware and install via usb or porter express (recommended)
    >ALL DONE

Thanks
    Hi blackmumba,

Thanks for your reply it is very helpful. My computer doesnt have a serial port so I am going to order a pci to serial card and a null modem cable and then I will attempt to get my box running following your instructions.

Fingers crossed. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Hope it works out for you. Please let us know how it turns out as could help others in future. FINGERS CROSSED for ya

Thanks
    See previous post about reinstalling bootloader with usb stick. Sorry on phone at mo so cant easily get link.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dizz View Post
    See previous post about reinstalling bootloader with usb stick. Sorry on phone at mo so cant easily get link.
    Reinstalling bootloader with a usb is a no go as the op has stated that theres no activity on the ice. Its highly recommended to use a null modem cable if the receivers bricked. Have had many occasions where you try loading a bootloader via usb to get the 'error 0x..), and have also tried fatboy's method (all due respect ) on sticky and encountered the same problem. I ALWAYS fall back to null cable and porter which is a PITA :18:

Thanks
    Hi all,

I have tried the usb stick holding channel up whist turning box on at the mains without success if thats what you meant, but much appreciated anyway **** it might have worked.

I have ordered the necessary bits online (could have got them locally but very expensive) will take a few days to come but I will let you know how I get on.

Cant wait to try this porter express thing fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Hi all,

Got to go to work now but just to let you know I think ive got it working will let you know the details later. Wish I hadnt ordered those bits now.

Thanks
    hmmm nothing on the display sounds like a PSU issue to me.

i flashed my box many times with all sorts of bootloaders and e2 images, before selling it - it always had something on the display.

Thanks
    I figured my warranty would already be void so I took the top off the box to see if an internal fuse had blown. I noticed the lead connecting the mains supply to the toggle switch had something built into it similar to an inline fuse dont know for certain what it is but I suspect its to do with lightning protection.I unclipped this cable and tested it with a multimeter no current was flowing through it whatever the polarity setting was. In desperation I took the 2 pin plug out of the adaptor put it back the other way thus changing the polarity and it worked.

Just connected everything back up the box said flash and boot and seems to be running as before.

I am baffled but it seems that reversing the 2 pin plug was all I needed to do.

I dont know if I have maxiflasher installed or not system information says L1.25 it was L1.21 before, but I am just happy to have a working box. Dont think I will bother with E2 for the time being.

Many thanks for taking the trouble to help I really am very grateful.

Thanks
    Thanks for getting back, may help someone else in near future. To be honest I've tried the E2 images and always found myself reverting back to the stock firmware😱. I'm currently using the .67 build (can be found in firmware section). Despite the power off feature whilst recording & program synopsis missing, it's actually running great and the series recording and the epg are the main factors for sticking to this firmware. Don't even bother trying the .7x firmware (the latest one can't exactly remember the last number), many bugs experienced which buck has already mentioned regarding plugin problems and major breakups whilst recording from an HD source. Series recordings also failing.

Anyways hope yr bad experience hasn't put you off the ice 😜

Thanks
    I have just spent half an hour tearing my hair out (what little Ive got left). The dish wasnt moving, I had connected the lnb inputs the wrong way round, wish everything was that simple. My bad experience has not put me off this box which I sorely missed this last day or so. One good thing to come out of it is I will have a serial port on my pc which may be handy in future. I have tried the latest firmware but am now on .32.

Thanks again its nice to know people are prepared to help when you mess things up.

Thanks
    Satnoobie - Hey well done,

I'm getting caught up on posts etc, and saw your post and was angleing the same way as ManikM, but glad you got sorted.

If I get time I may put a visual guide for installing E2 together to help.

Enjoy...