Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karen Murphy`s court case - what was the outcome of it ?

Thanks

Karen Murphy`s court case - what was the outcome of it ?

I know she won, has it changed anything?

Can pubs now legally show EPL matches from foreign providers with a legit card?

Thanks
    all it did was move the goalposts

it changed from what can be shown as in football, to what may or may not be shown like copyrighted logos and music themes, jingles etc

so what cannot be shown without the right to show it is those logos and jingles and themes etc, so they embed them into the programmes

Thanks
    Hence the Premier League logo which is now displayed during every match!

Thanks
    Would a piece of card / paper over the logo deal with this?

dog-man

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Stick a piece of black tape over it, or any other logos that appear on the screen.

I've seen peeps watching sty footy and rugby in pubs that dont have a sty sub on tablets and android phones through wifi , its a loop hole that they are exploiting without realising what they are doing.

Sty is also making it easier for them as well, they will catch on eventually.

Thanks
    Karren Brady West ham
    Karen Murphy Pub landlady

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    Karren Brady West ham
    Karen Murphy Pub landlady
    LOL

looks like manikm got the 2 ladies and names mixed up

I either answered the question correctly and ignored the name, or he meant her off the apprentice and west ham and I totally gave out the wrong answer !

in which case, what was Karren Brady accused of ?

Thanks
    hehe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    hehe
    Yes he, ManikM

Ha Haa!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    LOL

looks like manikm got the 2 ladies and names mixed up

I either answered the question correctly and ignored the name, or he meant her off the apprentice and west ham and I totally gave out the wrong answer !

in which case, what was Karren Brady accused of ?
    haha i knew the name wasn't right, sorry guys! i was rushing when typing at work.

karen murphy - thats the one, thanks to all that replied
    Last edited by ManikM; 23-08-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks
    No more Selection of 3pm games to choose from anymore very lucky if we get maybbe 1 or 2 games but all expect of course for S-K-Y now ..and we will not have any english audio on any channels with exception of Tring / EPL TV [ which may well be lost when key changes once again ] ..and embedded EPL Logo on screen during games .. and theme music is copyright ..The FA have basically ruined football completely by enforcing thier stoopid laws they know its a huge money racket scam and they are only intrested in the £'s and now have made it all but impossible for your local pub to show legally EPL games unless via legit Sky Sub ..so therefor Karen Murphy's cort case decision always will be remembered as the day that killed football viewing in Eng audio on foreign satellites thanks to the actions taken by the FAPL to protect and secure thier product to its death which i personally feel in the long run in the current climate and recession may well just eventually kill it completley..simple as that .

----
    Barney
    Last edited by Barney; 23-08-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks
    I haven't looked but does PLTV have a 3PM game? Meantime I am delighted with the fayre dished up by Al Jazeera Sport as Prem is not my main interest.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    No more Selection of 3pm games to choose from anymore very lucky if we get maybbe 1 or 2 games but all expect of course for S-K-Y now ..and we will not have any english audio on any channels with exception of Tring / EPL TV [ which may well be lost when key changes once again ] ..and embedded EPL Logo on screen during games .. and theme music is copyright ..The FA have basically ruined football completely by enforcing thier stoopid laws they know its a huge money racket scam and they are only intrested in the £'s and now have made it all but impossible for your local pub to show legally EPL games unless via legit Sky Sub ..so therefor Karen Murphy's cort case decision always will be remembered as the day that killed football viewing in Eng audio on foreign satellites thanks to the actions taken by the FAPL to protect and secure thier product to its death which i personally feel in the long run in the current climate and recession may well just eventually kill it completley..simple as that .

----
    Barney
    Barney , i have a question

let's say we have a pub in Sunderland , and that pub have legal sub with sky

how can he show the next sunderland game against reading at 3 pm ? it's on AD Sports HD4 only

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by captainglassback View Post
    I haven't looked but does PLTV have a 3PM game? Meantime I am delighted with the fayre dished up by Al Jazeera Sport as Prem is not my main interest.
    yes 3pm saturday game this weekend is Man u V's Fulham , and sure JSC sport has been fine but could be 100 times better if they had got even a few EPL games to show live .

Quote Originally Posted by K' View Post
    Barney , i have a question

let's say we have a pub in Sunderland , and that pub have legal sub with sky

how can he show the next sunderland game against reading at 3 pm ? it's on AD Sports HD4 only
    Sunderland game at 3pm saturday cannott be shown in a pub Legally as its a 3pm kick-off game ..same with any EPL Saturday 3pm game as far as FA are concerned all 3pm Saturday games are not Legally permitted to be shown in any Pub plus it will im sure have EPL logo even if its only on AD Sport 4 HD displaying the Logo is deemed illegal because it will infringe on the new copyright Law introduced .
    im sorry m8 but as was last season we are just going to have to put up with the fact that Saturday 3pm games are a thing of the past unless you personally attend which is what the FA are forcing people to do nowadays if they wanna see thier teams play Live at 3pm Saturday .

-----
    Barney

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Last two weeks PLTV certainly showed a saturday 3pm game, in english as well.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    all sat 3pm games are not allowed to be shown to the public , even with a sub . blanket ban on 3pm's in the UK .

tape or paper over the logo does not stop the fact you are receiving and sharing the images which contain the logo , so tape wont help .

the stream will have the logo embedded in the image so any foreign sat system will also display the logo .

it was deemed unreasonable to copyright live images as anything might happen , perhaps of historical significance so no one can copyright the events which as of yet are unknown .

but logos , labels , names , sound bytes , images , symbols and anything which is copyrighted is protected , so expect football coverage to be splattered with commercial visuals and noise .

"the referee's a w*****" is probably copyrighted by the FA , i bet they have put in loads of copyrights in the last year .
    Last edited by mikie8; 24-08-2012 at 02:54 AM.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    The court case said it wasntn't the live event that was copyrighted but the additional vision such as the graphics and brand name that was protected along with replays.

If you set your tv to overscan or zoom you can lose most of these, or the tape.

The FA can still prosecute for saturday 3pm's though, pubs should have a private funtion with no uninvited guests to watch these.

Thanks
    Whatever happened to the Tring HD channel we used last season on 16E?:respect-013:

Thanks
    whatever you do to the vision you will still have problems with the sound bytes, jingles, logos , badges and anything else that is copyrighted and they deem to mean that you need a license for

the point here is that anyone who thought this court case would mean we can watch football legally in the manner we are used to was either naive or stupid !

all they have to do is check what rules do apply and then pursue those rules, doesnt matter what the rules are as long as they have the right to own and distribute what they deem within the law on an E.U. basis

karen murphy was prosecuted, won , lost , won , lost , won and eventually was found not guilty of the charges brought against her for showing nova sports on a sub in her pub under the "rules" that existed then, and they probably didnt prosecute her for showing badges and logos and broadcasting pltv jingles

we can expect big changes next year and the pltv may just do their own pan-european channels themselves and then license to who they wish to

in any case you can bet they will insert logos and badges and sound bytes or jingles and anything else that means a watcher or listener is in breach of some law that they can be prosecuted for, even if its transmitting a pltv branded vuvu-zela !

Thanks
    3pm ko will cease in time and later games shown.
    That way its win win for pl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast