Thread: Azbox premium RF issues and how do i do it ?

Thanks

Azbox premium RF issues and how do i do it ?

Can anyone advise/help me with setting up an Azbox premium box to allow it to be sent around the house to my other tv.

Currently i have a 8 way booster box in the attic that supplies my digital tv aerial to all the rooms.
    Downstairs in the main room where the azbox is there is a wall plate with a "return aerial" port on it which means i can take the aerial lead from the RF out port on the azbox and put into it, this then sends the signal back up into the attic and into the booster box.

Problem is i can get a picture but cannot get sound coming through from the RF port on the azbox.

Also id like to be able to use something like a magic i to allow channel changing from upstairs.

Would getting a scart to RF modulator help ?

Thanks
    I am not sure if the premium is the same as the premium plus...but I had the sound off on a Technomate when I also had a picture and I was using the RF out to send a picture to an upstairs TV like you, I found I had the wrong RF audio type setting, I changed it to Pal I, and the sound came on.

Unfortunately I do not have a TV tuner in the Premium plus only a sat tuner so cannot test it for you, to find out go to setup then display and see if you have an RF type box in the menu if you do, mess about with the settings it may solve the sound problem.

I can't help you with the RF modulator I use the second RF output on a old sky box to send RF signals to my upstairs TV.

Thanks
    Thanks, James i will try messing about with the setting to see what happens.

When you mention the sky box, i have a sky box beside my premium.

Would it be possible to "scart the premium" into the sky box then send the signal out through RF or will it default to sending the sky signal out through the RF port ?

Probably woudlnt work or what way have you set the yours up through the sky box.

cheers

Thanks
    Hi M8, I have a few different boxes daisy chained through the sky box RF but all of those box have RF in and out though...each box is on a different RF number, when analogue was still going I had about 5 or 6 boxes going through the sky box to am upstairs TV.

Sorry I am contradicting myself a bit because when I made first post and started this post I didn't check but I have a Humax freeview HD box going into my Sky box via a *ercury RF modulator because that box as no RF output it works so well I forgot I was using it, so if you used an RF modulator box that should work it worked for me, I didn't buy the RF modulator my brother gave it to me which is possibly why I forgot I was using it.

I don't know if putting a scart from the premium into the sky box would work my sky box only as one scart which I think is output only...but it won't cost you nothing to try, I have never used a booster box so if you got a RF modulator I am not sure if it will work with the booster box maybe some testing before buying the modulator, it might give the same problem, picture but no sound.

I would have thought if you could get a picture using what you have already you should be able to get sound, which is why I suggested messing about with the audio output of the premium. I am not sure if the premium is the same as the premium+ I have 4 different RF audio types in my display setup menu and I can change the RF channel number but don't have a terrestrial tuner in the unit.

You could try finding out what RF channel numbers the boxes you are already using are transmitting on, they need to be at least 2 numbers way from each other I have mine about 5 or 6 apart...so if one is on 21 the next is on 26 or 27.

hope this is helpful,
    James.
    Last edited by jamesjay; 06-08-2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: more info bad spelling