Thread: DM7020HD Remote & Hard Drive Help Please

Thanks

DM7020HD Remote & Hard Drive Help Please

Hi

I am wondering to buy a Dreambox 7020HD or a VU + Ultimo. I have always had Dreamboxes, but the Ultimo looks very good.
    Does anybody know if either of these boxes will take a 3TB drive?
    Also it will be hidden behind a unit so I was wondering are the remote handsets directional? If anybody has got one or either of these, can you try the remote pointing it in the opposite direction. I had an older 7020 what was very directional and had to be pointed straight at it.

Thanks for any info.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    you can buy I.R. extenders that will do the trick if its hidden behind other items

m**l*n do one such item similar to the Global Plus offering although I have not tried it myself

A37GW £29.99P Remote Control IR Repeater

Hide away all of your AV equipment and still operate them with your remote control
    Control three or more AV devices including DVD player, digital set top boxes and VCRs
    Simple set up
    IR signal repeater
    Increase the angle of your IR remote
    1.5m IR lead length

This device simply repeats the Infrared (IR) signal from your remote through the 3 IR probes attached to the receiver. Extend the range of your remote or bounce it around the corners. There is no complicated setting up, simply plug the unit into the mains socket, position the receiver where you can see it and feed the wires to your AV equipment.

I saw a post once about the blue delta super blaster which uses a sly type magic eye near your tv and a blaster box to blast signals at the front of the boxes which are hidden away. so I bought one and use that myself for a similar trick which is neat as it only has the sly eye at the base of my tv and the blaster box is in front of the boxes in the unit, and this blaster box sends it in a very wide angle and it probably bounces of the cabinet walls too
    (fl ea b a y Item number: 200795508084 shows one)

cant answer your original question except to say both boxes get good reviews and I assume good support too

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    you can buy I.R. extenders that will do the trick if its hidden behind other items

m**l*n do one such item similar to the Global Plus offering although I have not tried it myself

I saw a post once about the blue delta super blaster which uses a sly type magic eye near your tv and a blaster box to blast signals at the front of the boxes which are hidden away. so I bought one and use that myself for a similar trick which is neat as it only has the sly eye at the base of my tv and the blaster box is in front of the boxes in the unit, and this blaster box sends it in a very wide angle and it probably bounces of the cabinet walls too
    (fl ea b a y Item number: 200795508084 shows one)

cant answer your original question except to say both boxes get good reviews and I assume good support too
    Ok Thanks echelon
    Very interesting but i would not like to buy another box that was directional and pay more to get around the problem has anyone had a 2tb or 3tb in any of these
    Thanks