Thread: Not really a newbie but still need some help.

Thanks

Not really a newbie but still need some help.

I have a premium plus that I have only been using for 4.2.2 feeds for the last 2 years or so...I did try the E2 route but wanted to keep the 4.2.2 facility.

I have got a renewed interest in my Azbox but only have very old Cam/Plugin servers on it and I am presuming I can open channels on 39e and 19e, I would like to start using it with softcam keys but not sure of the best server to use, I know how to update the server's by the remote and can remember how to update them using DCC, but I have never updated the softcam or biss keys on the premium plus, I do use the Technomate keymaker to update my TM6900, so I need some guidance with the premium plus on the best way to update the keys.

Thanks in advance
    James

Thanks
    E2 still does 4.2.2 mate.

Thanks
    Hi Manikm and thanks, sometime ago I thought I read 4.2.2 and blind scan didn't work on E2, maybe time to give E2 another go, could you advise what in your opinion is the best image, plugin for biss and softcam/keybin (39e and 19.2e), and do I need Azup or is there a better option?

Cheers M8
    James.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    before you load e2 you mite want to try the new firmware 0.9.5402, and update multicas, then add TECHSAT.AZK to auto load keys.

Thanks
    Thanks Iq180, I have firmware 0.9.5020 loaded will give the new firmware a try later...I was able to download TechSat_AZK2.2 to plugins and updated the keys now 19.2e is opening.

Thanks
    James.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    you can update the firmware from the reciver menu, you will need to change the url in the upgrade menu, turn off the hardware accelerator
    before you do any update to the firmware.

Thanks
    Hi Iq180, I had all kinds of problems updating to firmware 0.9.5402, I must have got a corrupted download because the box went into continuous boot mode, I attempted to go back to my old firmware but that didn't work, BTW I never use the hardware accelerator so it wasn't that, anyway I lost my channel and plugin list that I had created before updating, they were on the same USB but after updating they were lost.

Maybe it was because I used the front USB port to update rather than the receiver menu, I tried a number of things and thought for a while I had blew the DOM, anyway I ended up forcing the front USB to load a very old firmware version by pressing the volume+ on the receiver front panel while turning the unit off and on at the back (it worked for me don't know why), and then put my old firmware back on, I then loaded the new firmware this time without any problems (which is why I think I got a corrupt download) although it took a long time to reboot and at first all I could see was the AZbox new full HD 1080 logo.

The loss of the channel list and plugins is no problem as I only use the box for 4.2.2 feeds so it could do with a clear out...I am not sure of any improvements with the new firmware such as zapping speed (the zapping speed is still slower than a TM6900), but all the hassle reminded me of why I didn't stick with E2 and I don't use it as a full time receiver, anyway thanks again for your advice.

Kind regards,
    James.
    Last edited by jamesjay; 27-07-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    you need to do a factory reset after you load the new firmware so it can reset, after the reset you will see a faster blind scan on ku band
    and a faster ch change and the record to hdd works great.

Thanks
    Thanks again Iq180 for the spot on advice...the factory reset has made zapping faster, also just found Maz and hoping I can use it to update and edit channel lists.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    i do most of my updates from the reciver menu, newcamd, cccam, multicas,priority manager, mgcamd, and more.