Thread: feeds

Thanks

feeds

How does this box work? i bought azbox premium plus hd last week. trying to finds feed with no luck. satellite the arc spot on. Found transponder on the web for indycars on 22w, loaded it in azbox and nothing. im picking reuters live on this satellite but no feeds when their on. tried blind scan within 2 second scaned nothing. some feeds are on 4:2:2, how does .it work? do you go into menu to select 4:2:2 or does it do automatic???? please help me someone please.

Thanks
    I live in wales in uk and would much greafull if anyone could configure settings for feeds, configure blind scan and 4:2:2 please. many thank..

V.I.P
    Thanks
    4.2.2 format is detected automatically when you do a scan or you can enter manually freq ect on the az try 7e plenty in 4.2.2 feeds on to test

Thanks
    Thanks satwyn, 1 more thing, blind scan what settings do i need. when i do blind scan within 2 second its done, like its hasnt scan. what frequancy do i need to put.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    you just need the receiver to scan all the frequency range 10.7-12.75 you can also enter freq manually under new transponders i don't have the az any more but it used to work ok it takes more than 2 seconds to scan all the frequency range you're probably only scanning 1 transponder

Thanks
    Cheers satwyn. will try it by the weekend. will keep you informed on this thread. once again. thank.

Thanks
    Well i tried but no go. went to blind scan lnb setting 10.750 to 12.750, lower symbol rate 1000. nothing. only thing im getting on blind scan is when i press ok it on scan on transporter saved on my satellites search. it should scan every frequency from 10.750 to 12.750 h and v with no gaps . can anybody help with my premium plus .

Thanks
    Hi Tad,

Not sure if you know about this feed hunting site *ttp://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?section=livef

I also have the premium plus and while it is fine for watching/displaying 4.2.2 feeds the blind scan facility is not actually that good for feed hunting...most feeds are below the 7000 symbol rate like 6111 and 6666 but above 1000, so a SR of 1000 will bring in nothing, some feeds such as news feed are only on for a few minutes so by the time you have scanned the full frequency range the transmission would have gone off.

I mainly use mine to watch sports feeds that have already been found and reported by the above site, the premium plus won't let you know if the feed or channel is in 4.2.2 or not, and the fact you can only adjust the minimum SR when it ideally needs to have a maximum SR threshold setting makes that parameter useless.

That said it is the only domestic STB that allows home users to watch 4.2.2 transmissions so it is better than nothing, I am sure the feed hunters on the above site are using professional receivers and other technology that allows quicker and more accurate scanning so cost mega money.

Kind regards,
    James

Sorry was watching baseball and posting at the same time...using an SR of 1000 should have got you some channels, maybe try a feed already posted on the above site would be a good test to make sure your settings are correct.
    Last edited by jamesjay; 15-07-2012 at 03:57 AM. Reason: more info

Thanks
    @ Tad,

I bit more info for you, after posting I decided to do a blind scan of Eutelsat 7A @ 7E because I have never scanned it before and Satwyn mentioned it in the above post, the blind scan found 212 channels and over 20 transponders and took over 40 minutes to find them, there was no recognizable feeds and even if there were, the premium plus doesn't highlight them.

The blind scan works fine, the problem for me with the unit is the amount of time it takes to scan...it would take more than 2 hours to scan 3 satellites.

Thanks
    Thanks jamesjay. well we both on the right page. im also like to feed hunt, specialily for indycars, which usually on 22w. according to satellite web.this box is new to me about a week old, i also have tm-6900 which im thinking of upgrading for a new receiver with blind scan. maybe you can recommend 1for me,having been out of hobby for few years. i Will try harder later on axbox and let you know later how i get on jamesjay. many thanks.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 845 Posts
    does the azbox use hardware blind scanning or software?

Thanks
    Still working around this box. no idea 3tv. in the menu it says blind scan. on my old tm it had blind scan on it, click ok and away. maybe jamesjay can explain better. i hope im not being a pain to you all asking all these question s. the only reason i bought this box was for sport feeds.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3tv View Post
    does the azbox use hardware blind scanning or software?
    The AZ premium plus uses hardware scanning the earlier models like the premium use software...I don't know what the latest models use.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tad View Post
    Thanks jamesjay. well we both on the right page. im also like to feed hunt, specialily for indycars, which usually on 22w. according to satellite web.this box is new to me about a week old, i also have tm-6900 which im thinking of upgrading for a new receiver with blind scan. maybe you can recommend 1for me,having been out of hobby for few years. i Will try harder later on axbox and let you know later how i get on jamesjay. many thanks.
    I am presuming indycars and nascars are the same so according to this search there have been more on 24.5 West recently than 22 west http://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?...h&q=nascar&p=0

The problem is according to the search most are encrypted and not 4.2.2 feeds but in 4.2 so your Technomate could show them and blind scan just as well as the azbox if not better, my Technomate 6900 super does and by using softcams opens more sports channels, but the problem for these feeds is encryption, this is of course depending on the size of dish, where you are in the UK, the weather, and the footprint for the transmission some are also in C-band...you need to look at the footprint on Kin*ofsat for the intended transmission area, and even that is not exact.

I would say that while we are in the same book we are not exactly on the same page, I found searching for live feeds time consuming and pretty fruitless, and didn't get the premium plus for feeds but because it opened 4.2.2 transmissions. I have just done a blind scan using the azbox on 22 west and there were 7 active transponders and 8 channels so not worth the 50 minutes or so it took, but given my area of the UK and dish size that's about right.

I like lots of different sports and find I need to use the azbox maybe once a month at most because the feed is a 4.2.2 transmission, I wouldn't like to advise you on a receiver because most none professional receivers will do some kind of blind scan, but in the meaning of searching all the frequency range which is not much good if it takes hours to find the feed, and my knowledge of professional receivers and scanning equipment is nil because I cannot afford them.

Having a 6900 and an azbox like you (I presume yours is the TM super) I have the LNB going into the TM then looped into the azbox, so you can then scan the Sat using the TM because it is quicker, and if you get sound on a channel but no picture put the transponder details in the azbox after turning off the TM, and in some cases you may have found a 4.2.2 feed, because although the TM can't show the video it can produce the audio.

I have also used a very old and cheap TM 5300D+ which is not HD but has the important maximum SR threshold, and is faster at blind scanning than both of the other receivers.

Sorry to be so negative but I like watching sport more than looking for it, and quite often feed hunt for International Badminton Tournaments but I know the date the event starts, and what Sat it was on the previous year which is why I use satelliweb more than search myself.

Regards
    James

Hi Tad,

Another search found this http://www.satelliweb.com/index.php?section=search
    so they are not the same but the news is better not many encrypted and your TM 6900 will open them because most are not in 4.2.2, I would say have a look about 30 minutes before the start of the race.

If the link doesn't open search indy.
    Last edited by jamesjay; 15-07-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: info

Thanks
    Hi jamesjay looks like you've got same equipment as i have. azbox, tm-6900 super combo, and old also tm-5 for blind scan. you don't actually live with me do you?? hi. just hooked up my azbox to my tm-6900 loopthrough. Jamesjay better regarding sport feedtos, all indycars feeds been in this year on 22w in clear pal format on 4:2 and 4:2:2 not encrypted. going to try and get some feeds on 7e by checking on satellite web. Will report back. wish me luck!!

Thanks
    If I lived with you I would know the diffidence between Nascar and Indycar ...anyway good luck but remember that most feeds don't start transmitting until just before the event starts.

Thanks
    Yes bud usually 40mins. will have to next Sunday for indycars though.