Thread: The SPL, Sly or Al Jazeera?????????????????

Thanks

The SPL, Sly or Al Jazeera?????????????????

I can't find any official sources but a friend of mine that works at the ITV studios in London (where Al Jazeera broadcast from) has told me that Al Jazeera have made enquiries about taking over the UK's SPL broadcasting rights should Rangers be expelled from the league & Sly cancel the contract!

Sly have softened their stance recently, at first threatening to pull out, then saying they will continue if Rangers are only relegated one division. Could Al Jazeera's interest have prompted Sly's change of heart?

If Al Jazeera offer to take over the contract, that means the lesser clubs won't lose TV revenue which is a major issue for them. Having failed in an attempt to obtain EPL rights, Al Jazeera could have some spare cash & may see the SPL as a major stepping stone into the UK market.

Rumours are also rife that the current £3 billion EPL deal is so high because that's what it took to outbid Al Jazeera......

Thanks
    As the bids were closed bids, how would they know what they were bidding against.
    Sky just bottled it and raised the stakes 70% because they know without epl they are doomed.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    And the subs will reflect this increase, enjoy the last season of relatively cheap epl footy, 70% extra subs for the season after !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    As the bids were closed bids, how would they know what they were bidding against.
    Sky just bottled it and raised the stakes 70% because they know without epl they are doomed.
    It went to a second round of bidding, so chances are AJ pretty much matched what Sly offered the first time around. The FA & Sly have been very closely tied for over 20 years now so I'm quite sure Sly know exactly who & what they are up against each time.

It works out at £6.5m per game but there are currently only 4 million Sly Sports subscribers in the UK, less if prices increase...................

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by licinius View Post
    It went to a second round of bidding, so chances are AJ pretty much matched what Sly offered the first time around. The FA & Sly have been very closely tied for over 20 years now so I'm quite sure Sly know exactly who & what they are up against each time.

It works out at £6.5m per game but there are currently only 4 million Sly Sports subscribers in the UK, less if prices increase...................
    some prices will go up from 1st september so bet that includes sport