Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LNB good or bad?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    As long as your happy with what you have it matters not.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

echelon (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    As long as your happy with what you have it matters not.
    True, but we all can improve our 'lot' by listening to others' experiences too surely?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Well ultra worked for me but doesnt for donki so as long as hes happy with his lot then so be it.
    Its not a matter of just dumping the ultra into the dish, it needs tweaking, and also wont magically make channels appear.
    I had a smart titanium before on td88 and jsc was a no go, popped in the ultra and away we go.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

echelon (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donki View Post
    If that were really true how does one then explain such a BIG difference in performance between the two? The new Ultra I got last week really was rubbish compared to my TM Gold. Oh! Don't tell me I know. The one I bought is a clone or my dish went out of alignment when I fitted the ultra and mysteriously back in when I refitted the TM.
    I never attempted to explain the differences nor did I place any doubt on your comparison tests, also my reply quoted rigsby`s post not yours

I merely pointed out to rigsby that the tm gold is made by inverto and rebadged as technomate, as are most of their products (rebadged), so he had actually bought 2 different inverto`s

everybody has their own opinion and is allowed to voice that opinion within the rules

I have never owned or tested a technomate gold so have no opinion on it , other than the fact that inverto made it and that fact appears in all the adverts about it so why single out my reply as if it means anything else ?

I do have an inverto ultra black, and find I get better results compared to my previous inverto silver or the previous invacom

the fact is that there wont be many lnb manufacturers, but there will be many that rebadge equipment made by others, and technomate have a habit of doing so

I own a sony dvd recorder that is actually made by pioneer and rebadged as sony, others own rebadged samsung dvd recorders that have the sony label on them , its a fact of life that rebadging (white labelling) goes on all the time in many industries

so maybe if I bought the technomate gold that is actually made by inverto, maybe I too would see better results, I dont know and dont need to find out because like manic01 says, I am happy with my lot

the problem about all this is when people get so obsessed about spec that they lose the plot, and the fact is that no lnb is going to be a substitute for a bigger dish, as some of you are finding out in your obsessions about 26e and 7.3w

so a standard lnb on a massive dish is always going to be better than a top ten quality lnb on a small dish

the point here is that everyone has opinions, and some swear by sharp, others by inverto (or rebadged invertos), others swear by invacom , and although we may be guided by other opinions (like holmroad is saying) , we may find we dont actually agree with those opinions , or we may not have access to the top ten lnb,s to be able to write a definitive wotsat guide in comparing them

I am of the opinion that manic01 said it all, if you are happy with what you own (like I am), then recommend it to others if you must, but dont try to over influence others with your personal prejudices or belittle theirs, and do not put your words into other peoples mouths, just stick to your own opinion based on what you have done, not what you think others may or may not think

in the meantime , anyone reading this is free to buy and use any lnb they like, be it inverto, technomate, sharp , invacom or whatever the make or badge, and if it does as you want then fine , stick with it, as there wont be one clear answer on this anyway, if there is I dont know what that answer is , but I would recommend that members buy and use at least one of the top 5 as most members will be happy with what it does anyway

7. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

manic01 (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmroad View Post
    True, but we all can improve our 'lot' by listening to others' experiences too surely?
    if they report their own experiences , yes , but not if they seek to belittle another members experiences due to prejudice , no

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

holmroad (18-09-2013), manic01 (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 546 Posts

Ultra black single v quad comparison

August 26 2013

Inverto ultra black single versus quad signal strength fringe reception ( for me ) astra 1N @28.2E bbc/itv from central southern norway, 100 cm tm dish, tm5204 hdci m2 stb, 5 meter brand new high quality copper braided coax.
    Comparison done on the veranda thus could bypass the diseqc motor clear blue sky temp ~+20c, every lnb position ( every 2 mm with skew test left center right ) tried on the long necks ( had hoped the extra longneck on the single would let me find the sweet spot on the dish ) spent 4 hours testing ( dish is mounted head height at the end of the veranda firmly anchored top and bottom ).

Conclusion :-

The quad had a slight edge over the single on all TPs ( 8 ) tested signal strengths on the quad were level 96/97 quality 88/92 the single were level 96/97 quality 85/92.

Also tested a wildcard LNB the Maximum v4 quad 0.2 Db on the same setup and TPs results were level 97 constant quality 90/95.

As you can guess I have left the maximum in place.

Hope this helps ppl with fringe reception.

Regards

Ps. Also tried all the TPs on astra 2F level 97 quality 8 so no lock.
    Last edited by skomedal; 17-09-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: extra info date

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skomedal For This Useful Post:

echelon (17-09-2013), mdt (21-09-2013)

Thanks
    I am using Black ultra on my prime focus Dish, Now brought recently Inverto Black Pro, Is that make me feel good on Prime Focus Dish ?

Thanks
    Many experts advice me to use Prime focus LNB on my Prime focus Dish for optimal results, As I bought Inverto Black pro and it comes with its own feed horn and fixed type scalar ring, It disappoint me very much, its fitting give you very less room to get the optimal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123