Thread: Tree Problem

Thanks

Tree Problem

When I installed the 1.2mtr dish in the garden about 12 years ago there was no problem as the trees were quite small, now in the winter there is still no probs as all the leaves fall into my back garden and with the bare branches I don't see much loss in reception. Its still ok at the moment but in a month or so I will start to lose the reception from 7 east to 19 east (sometimes cannot get anything at all even on 13 & 19). I am not certain but I suppose these trees belong to the counsel, my brother says I could request that they prune them and also cut them back to no more than 10 feet in height.

Has anyone any experience of anything similar and where/to who would I send this request. (Bro also said that trees are not protected until the trunks are 12" in diameter, these are not that size but I doubt if I could get rid altogether!! which is what I really want)

Be pleased to hear from board members
    grahamc

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    Tell the council since the digital terrestrial fiasco you cant get digital reception anymore with an aerial, say their trees are blocking your line of sight for a dish and you want them trimmed right down so you can have tv back again.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    It will be interesting to hear if the local will prune the trees. I have the same problem, I reckon in two years i will need a huge poll to reach over the trees outside my house. They plant these things and leave them to grow and cause damage and obscure important satellite signal. Let us know what happens.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Be careful asking about preservation orders. If you need to know about a particular tree, enquire if there are any TPOs in a given area, rather than asking about a particular tree. When asked whether a particular tree is subject to a TPO, the response can sometimes be "No... but there is now."

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamc View Post
    Bro also said that trees are not protected until the trunks are 12" in diameter, these are not that size but I doubt if I could get rid altogether!! which is what I really want
    I believe any single tree can be subject to a TPO regardless of size, and in Conservation Areas, protection applies to everything over 75mm in diameter.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sparky_dog For This Useful Post:

echelon (04-05-2012)

Thanks
    I am going to try a dish for someone next week with a similar problem, could you please give me an idea of how high is your dish and how far away and high are the trees?
    Isn't there a website that gives you the angle of each sat and clearance needed etc? I am sure i have used it in the past.
    Edit, found it, called dishpointer dot com
    Last edited by crabber; 04-05-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    nice post m8... there is a big tree on the other side of my fence .. belongs to a school..
    I was passing the school and saw the caretaker. and mentioned the signal was really bad...
    wooo.. 3 weeks ago my wishes came true.. there was a tree surgeon,,, UP the tree .. lopping down the big branches.. the signal shot right up, example 16e was 10!! now 70!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to paul smith For This Useful Post:

echelon (04-05-2012)