Thread: f100 problem

Thanks

f100 problem

Hi guys.

I am a newbie to this forum, so your patience will be much appreciated.

I have a spiderbox 9000hd.

I tried to factory reset last night and load up the gift patch.

On the screen of the box up came F100- this has not gone off since, i have turned off power and tried everything thing i can.

I have read on some post that there is a program to fix this .

Does anyone know if when you upload the program to the spider can you do it using a null modem usb cable.

Again thanks for your patience.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youngy72 View Post
    Hi guys.

I am a newbie to this forum, so your patience will be much appreciated.

I have a spiderbox 9000hd.

I tried to factory reset last night and load up the gift patch.

On the screen of the box up came F100- this has not gone off since, i have turned off power and tried everything thing i can.

I have read on some post that there is a program to fix this .

Does anyone know if when you upload the program to the spider can you do it using a null modem usb cable.

Again thanks for your patience.
    that is exactly how you repair the box

the downloader tool , bin file and null modem cable , similar to patching the old tm1500 or similar boxes

Thanks
    Recovery software can be found here
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...000-and-HD9000

Use the bin file for the 9000hd and a NULL modem lead to flash.

Thanks
    Thanks that brill can i use usb-usb null modem cable

Thanks
    Some USB to Serials can be a bit hit and miss. If you have an old machine with an RS232 port then use that otherwise try the USB to Serial.

Make sure you set the bits per second speed from 9600 to 115200 to speed up the transfer process.

Go into Windows Device manager and under Ports double click on Ports (COM & LPT)
    Double click on the USB to Serial com port.
    Click on Port Settings

Set the "Bits per second" to 115200 and click on OK button.

Thanks
    I would never use a usb adapter for this task , I always use a pc or laptop that has the standard built in com port and always use XP too

if you did use a usb adapter , its used in conjunction with the null modem cable , but you may get timing issues or errors

so I would not want to trust flashing a box worth up to £200 using a usb adapter or anything a bit "iffy"

use the proper tools and you normally succeed at whatever you do

or to put it simply , you can use a pebble to drive a nail into a piece of wood , it will work , but a hammer is a better option

and no , you cannot use a usb-usb null modem cable

a null modem cable has a female 9 pin D connector at both ends and is wired using the crossover method internally

Thanks
    great i have managed to get box working again,the only prob now is it is showing a message on screen saying this box is abnormal please contact your saler.

Anyone point me in the right direction i also cant get the hidden menu up.

regards

P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by youngy72 View Post
    great i have managed to get box working again,the only prob now is it is showing a message on screen saying this box is abnormal please contact your saler.

Anyone point me in the right direction i also cant get the hidden menu up.

regards

P
    check the date in system info , its probably an old date

factory reset the box and patch it with the mar 2012 patch using the usb stick

then factory reset again and try 1111 for the hidden menu

Thanks
    date on system info is 29 march 2012.

I have tried to load patch 0129.r.

Then press 1111

But all i am getting in network is
    type on
    network ip set up
    net sw download
    homestream server
    download epg

no hidden menu at all

Thanks
    Hi people, Just letting you know that I downloaded the March update from spiderbox.tv for my 7000HD. I believe this to be a mistake as it's bricked my box with the F100 error. I've done many updates since I got the box 2 years ago, but always used patches posted on forums. Seriously P!$$ed off! Ordered the USB to RS232 from Amazon so now have to wait and hope. (fingers crossed) that I can use a windows laptop to recover my box. Annoying as I use a Mac and no longer have a tower pc. Just really hope that I don't have to fork out for new STB, can't afford £200. ARGH

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tedmoo View Post
    Hi people, Just letting you know that I downloaded the March update from spiderbox.tv for my 7000HD. I believe this to be a mistake as it's bricked my box with the F100 error. I've done many updates since I got the box 2 years ago, but always used patches posted on forums. Seriously P!$$ed off! Ordered the USB to RS232 from Amazon so now have to wait and hope. (fingers crossed) that I can use a windows laptop to recover my box. Annoying as I use a Mac and no longer have a tower pc. Just really hope that I don't have to fork out for new STB, can't afford £200. ARGH
    frankly I would not be using any usb devices to use the reapiar tool loader and files

and in any case you need a null modem cable as well as the usb to rs232 adapter, and ideally win xp or maybe vista , not win7 unless its ultimate or pro

as always you need the correct tools for the job , so my advice is find somebody with an xp tower or desktop or laptop with com port and use that with a null modem cable

I used a hp nc6120 laptop using xp and null modem cable yesterday to reflash my icecrypt, its also been used on tm1500 , netgear 834 and 934 routers and various other sat boxes for this

a hp/compaq nc6320 or hp/compaq d510 or d520 or d530 desktop or dell d810 laptop also have com ports too

Thanks
    The files available on spiderbox.tv are not patches anyway, they are original software and are not for use on a patched box. Even so, the files themselves can not have "bricked" your box. Something else went wrong.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anrakh View Post
    The files available on spiderbox.tv are not patches anyway, they are original software and are not for use on a patched box. Even so, the files themselves can not have "bricked" your box. Something else went wrong.
    good point m8

we are not responsible for files downloaded from elsewhere so bringing the problem here is a tad rich !!

its also not a £200 jobby as you can easily buy suitable latops or pc desktops and towers for under £60 to do the job , or a freebie from gumtree

V.I.P
    Thanks
    If using a PC you can also try a PCI Serial card, these should work better than USB-Serial adapters and are quite cheap. Personally I kept an old PC, with a dedicated COM port, that I only use for these emergencies.

Thanks
    I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU for all your help^^^^, all of you. I apologise I used a firmware not from here, silly me. You were very helpful. I did buy a female - female NULL cable to use with the USB adapter on a Windows Vista Laptop, a few changes in device manager and i've successfully rebooted my Spiderbox, and it did say, 'This box is faulty' but updating to the March 12 firmware solved this problem.

Fantastic.

Thanks!!! :respect-039: :bowing-036:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tedmoo View Post

If anyone thinks their box is bricked, what others have failed to mention is that in thatr case it is the bootloader that is probably corrupted. This can be sorted by loading the correct file first.

The loading procedure can fail if the bootloader is corrupted, despite the user following the correct procedure.
    regards
    Corporates
    Last edited by corporates; 02-05-2012 at 10:26 PM.