Thread: I think the Chancellor knows my name!!

V.I.P
    Thanks

I think the Chancellor knows my name!!

Not getting party political but I think the various Chancellors must have been looking at me and the wife when they made the pension changes in recent years. As requested by the Govt. I worked hard, saved, and payed into a company pension. My wife did the same, we have full national insurance records. I am nearly 65 my wife is nearly 60. We expected to retire at the same time (65 and 60) on full pensions, and be better off than most as we had a private pension too.
    BUT... The wifes pension age has been increased to 63, so she loses 3 years of her pension. BUT.. I thought, at least I will get a married mans addition of £50 for her when I am 65. WRONG... the married mans addition was ended in 2011, so I get nothing for her. BUT never mind I though at least I will get a larger tax allowance that goes up each year. WRONG... taken away in this budget. BUT.. I will be better off as I have saved and got a small private pension. WRONG.. If I had no private pension or savings I would be about £20 a week better off than now with pension credit. I thought I was quite clever financially but I am having second thoughts.

Thanks
    I know how you feel m8 me and the wife are in similiar positions to you and your wife, my wife also has to work three years longer. The buggers even put my bus pass from 60 to 61. Worries me what they will target next.

Thanks
    They take the p*ss m8, [pensioner's are an easy target]..after you've paid all that money over the year's they take it away..[that's theft]..All the major party's do it..[why because they can]..I think they think we are all stupid.. they hit the motorist with there petrol tax causing the cost of living to go up..put up vat to 20% [another bite of the cherry]..tell us there going to privatise our road's because they can't afford to do it [funny cos only a quarter of our road fund tax goes on road's the rest goes into there pocket's]..they put the price of fag's and drink up [because people that smoke and drink are a burden to the nhs]..if everyone stopped smoking and drinking where would they get there revenue from?..They can find the money to send child benefit's to other country's but can't look after there own pensioner's [local pleb's]..They can [and do] set there own pension rate's they can retire when they want they can claim expenses..they can find the money to bail out crooked banker's find the money [borrow]to bail out all and sundry..but can't find the money to give pensioner's what they already paid in,there are thousand's upon thousand's in this country getting all sort's of benefit's [that have not paid tax or national insurance]..wot's all that about?..I could go on but wot's the point,one day the worm will turn and people will wake up and not vote for the major crooked party's.. [well i live in hope]..lol.. rant over!!..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldjiver View Post
    Not getting party political but I think the various Chancellors must have been looking at me and the wife when they made the pension changes in recent years. As requested by the Govt. I worked hard, saved, and payed into a company pension. My wife did the same, we have full national insurance records. I am nearly 65 my wife is nearly 60. We expected to retire at the same time (65 and 60) on full pensions, and be better off than most as we had a private pension too.
    BUT... The wifes pension age has been increased to 63, so she loses 3 years of her pension. BUT.. I thought, at least I will get a married mans addition of £50 for her when I am 65. WRONG... the married mans addition was ended in 2011, so I get nothing for her. BUT never mind I though at least I will get a larger tax allowance that goes up each year. WRONG... taken away in this budget. BUT.. I will be better off as I have saved and got a small private pension. WRONG.. If I had no private pension or savings I would be about £20 a week better off than now with pension credit. I thought I was quite clever financially but I am having second thoughts.
    Wellcome to the club mate missus & me did just that and now see freinds that did'nt have more to spend than us, it's a cruel world

regards painter

Thanks
    As I stated in a previous post; the Oxbridge Mafia run the country. Governments / politicians are there to ensure that the money men keep their wealth &
    power. Decisions, such as the recent budget & todays announced minimum alcohol price, do not affect the wealthy just the majority of the population.
    Politicians earn their wealth from being allied to banks, companies and business interests not from being a politician. I last voted in the 70's & told them
    to stick their census last year. Unfortunately too many people sit back & do nothing so the rich / politicians take whatever, do whatever they want
    without fear of reprisal. All in this together - biggest load of bollocks.

Benzine
    Last edited by benzine; 23-03-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I totally agree with oldjiver,s thread, but an additional imposition he should be aware of.
    Last year, after much deliberation, my wife and I decided to cash our ‘Tax Free’ investment to pay for the urgently required update to our kitchen.
    Unfortunately, what I did not realise at the time is that the amount withdrawn is still added to ones income for that year !.
    Although in my case it did not put me into the 40% bracket , but what it did do though, was put me over the maximum allowed before reducing my over 65 additional Tax allowance by £1 for every £2 over the allowance. i.e. a 50% Tax deduction !!
    Pensioners Beware when cashing any hard earned savings

Thanks
    Who was it that voted for this lot, I know of only one. The others are hiding in shame.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eme View Post
    Who was it that voted for this lot, I know of only one. The others are hiding in shame.
    The UK Tory (just like the USA Republican) Party are there to preserve the status-quo which favours those with pots of money that can afford top accountants.

The argument for the reduction in the 50p tax rate - namely that it did not increase any revenue as most high earners moved their earnings to the previous year - is a red herring because that can only be done for the first year, what are the figures for year 2. And Osborne's quote that the Mansion Tax will claw back money from the rich is equally floored because they don't buy and sell houses, they put them in family trusts.

Just out of interest, the German top rate of tax is about 47.5% when the 'Solidaritaetszuschlag' is taken into account but such comparisons are fraught with danger.

Thanks
    Here's five things for the moaners to think about.

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

regards painter

10. The Following User Says Thank You to painter For This Useful Post:

TJ1 (23-03-2012)