Thread: Openbox vs Spiderbox

Thanks

Openbox vs Spiderbox

hey, need some info..does openbox allow to stream from pc/servers at home etc and let you watch recordings on pc like the spiderbox? What are your opinions of either of these boxes, ******* sells openbox very chaep..£60 all in for version 10..not a lot of support here though?..but there is more for Spiderbox..i really want to start watching more like i used to rather than just fta stuff!!..are these boxes easier to use than my current box ..azbox elite..that is a tough one for updates etc...dont know anything about cs..but very willling to learn..any help appreciated.In particular must get via on 19.2 e for espn america going...for NFL football...please help with decisions...

Thanks
    they are nothing like each other , and the openbox has many clones so beware

if you get a spiderbox you get the ethernet "g*ft" with the patch , and very few boxes exist with a similar system , certainly not the openbox

so bearing in mind what you wish to watch I would think you may need cs and that is not a decision for this forum as only technical help is allowed

so my advice is ascertain what cs is required and plan your box accordingly , whatever it may be , possibly the new eagle box from the sponsors here ?

I would suggest these non-linux boxes are easier to program and maintain , yes

Thanks
    thanks Echelon, points duly noted...i just dont want to purchase something in haste like i did with the azboz which has caused me nothing but grief since getting it...i mean should i just stick with azbox then and go down the see-ess route..can anyone pm me some info, where to find 'linethings' etc as its all too hush hush (understandibly) on here and i dont really go onto other sites...is there a site that will actually help?? any other opinions greatly appreciated in particular about pro's and con's of the other boxes, open and spider..and if you have a clone, whats the pitfalls..ie is fw updates a prob etc...thank you for any help.
    Last edited by ade1970; 26-09-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: my bad...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    google is your friend

Thanks
    has anyone got any sound advice on the openbox s11 as i was looking for a cheap and cheerfull hd option for the kids rooms,and these can be purchased for less than 60 quid