Thread: How much for a new ET9500 (and when...)?

V.I.P
    Thanks

Question How much for a new ET9500 (and when...)?

NEW NEW - XTREND ET9500 PRESENTATION - NEW NEW

2 card reader and 2 common interface slot

2 detachable tuners DVB- S/S2 DVB-C DVB-T
    With tuner loop through
    Free DVB-C Tuner module is included in the Giftbox of ET9500

Luxury Slim Ruwido Remote Control

QWERTY Remote Control Ready (Optional)

NAND FLASH 8Gbit
    1100 DMIPS Processor

Automatic Sensing Fan

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Admin, any word on when and how much?

Banned
    Thanks
    This looks sooooooooooo HOT!

Thanks
    Actually impressive flyers..
    I will wait to come out in normal distribution and then check the tuners first of all.
    Apart from that i dont get it by what they mean nand flash 8Gbit (yes i know what is giga bit ..) ooohh glorious marketing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snakie View Post
    Actually impressive flyers..
    I will wait to come out in normal distribution and then check the tuners first of all.
    Apart from that i dont get it by what they mean nand flash 8Gbit (yes i know what is giga bit ..) ooohh glorious marketing
    Nand Flash is where your image and plugins are stored and due to the size increase means you can store even more (8GBit is Equal to 1GB same as the Ultimo)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Some even say it's not much different from Ultimo... With all the different numbering systems and "extra MIPS" power - used for PR purposes, as it is apparently the same SoC as 7413... Indeed, misleading in some way...

But if it is considerably cheaper, then...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blagi View Post
    Some even say it's not much different from Ultimo... With all the different numbering systems and "extra MIPS" power - used for PR purposes, as it is apparently the same SoC as 7413... Indeed, misleading in some way...

But if it is considerably cheaper, then...
    @Blagi

Even the first ET9000 had the Broadcom 7413 chipset so nothing has changed there apart from the nandflash being increased ET9000 had 128mb ET9200 had 256mb and now the ET9500 has 1GB, The Ultimo has a couple of things over the 9500 a nice big VFD Display and also the 3rd Tuner. if your not that bothered about the 3rd tuner scenario then this could be the answer

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yeah, I know but the bit about the "increased (x?)MIPS" is a bit... dunno... Like with nandflash...

No need for a third tuner, really... And one can add it via a USB port...

Price, for me, as these are now, will be THE factor...

Thanks
    Yeah, I know but the bit about the "increased (x?)MIPS" is a bit... dunno... Like with nandflash...

No need for a third tuner, really... And one can add it via a USB port...

Price, for me, as these are now, will be THE factor...

Just done a bit of digging and the 1100 dmips processor is used in the BCM7405 and BCM 7413 chipsets so no change just marketing bumf
    Last edited by digicon; 05-03-2012 at 03:25 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yeah, I know, it was pointed out on the Xtrend support forum immediately, together with the nandflash PR exercise.

The new generation of processors (not only Broadcom but also cheaper Taiwanese ones etc.) of 1.3 GHz is about to hit the market, starting with a new Gigablue rec, it seems to me...

Before that it seems Vu+ clone/Ferrari guys will come up with 500MHz (700 in Turbo mode) original but cheap box (with Broadcom processor)...

It's getting better and more interesting and the prices are going down, for what we are getting...

Which is the idea of a market...

Thanks
    I already have an ultimo so have what i would call a premium sat receiver my next purchase will not be an E2 based box no matter what spec they are i shall now await the new XMBC receivers being designed by Vu+ for towards the end of this year.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Indeed, seems wise, in your case...

But the date is being moved back, I see...

Which would only mean pushing it back even further is a realistic thing to expect...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    Nand Flash is where your image and plugins are stored and due to the size increase means you can store even more (8GBit is Equal to 1GB same as the Ultimo)
    I was actually beeing sarcastic with their marketing flyer m8 i know what is nand flash of course

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snakie View Post
    I was actually beeing sarcastic with their marketing flyer m8 i know what is nand flash of course
    You would also be suprised at the amount of people who dont know what nand flash is :-)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Indeed, seems wise, in your case...

But the date is being moved back, I see...

Which would only mean pushing it back even further is a realistic thing to expect...
    Thats why I jumped in early with the Ultimo, I assumed that due to the Ultimo getting delayed along the way last year, the same would happen with the next gen.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I am wondering are Xtrend just a 1 trick pony ?

5 box's that are pretty much exactly the same (processor, tuners, case) etc etc (9000, 9100, 9200, 9200 SE, 9500)

Ok there are memory upgrades along the line, but is that just because it's easier to buy a 1gb flash (sorry I mean 8gigabit) than it is to get a 128, 256, 512 etc now ?

It seems the only thing they have really re-designed is the remote.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CokeAddict View Post
    I am wondering are Xtrend just a 1 trick pony ?

5 box's that are pretty much exactly the same (processor, tuners, case) etc etc (9000, 9100, 9200, 9200 SE, 9500)

Ok there are memory upgrades along the line, but is that just because it's easier to buy a 1gb flash (sorry I mean 8gigabit) than it is to get a 128, 256, 512 etc now ?

It seems the only thing they have really re-designed is the remote.

I actually dont think Xtrend have any choice seeing as these are Generic Receivers made in Korea and then just bought in Bulk and re-badged by either Xtrend or Clarke-Tech.

if i remember correctly Xtrend and CT both had a ET9000 model the CT badged the ET9100 as there own which led to Xtrend then badging the ET9200 as theres as well as the ET9200 'Silverline Edition'

It appears they have no control over anything and its what ever is manufactured at the time and who ever gets in there first to badge it either Xtrend or CT

I make that 5 revisions of the same box give or take a few specs with in 18 months that is going some.

Look out for the all singing dancing ET9700 very soon LOL

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I actually dont think Xtrend have any choice seeing as these are Generic Receivers made in Korea and then just bought in Bulk and re-badged by either Xtrend or Clarke-Tech.

if i remember correctly Xtrend and CT both had a ET9000 model the CT badged the ET9100 as there own which led to Xtrend then badging the ET9200 as theres as well as the ET9200 'Silverline Edition'

It appears they have no control over anything and its what ever is manufactured at the time and who ever gets in there first to badge it either Xtrend or CT

I make that 5 revisions of the same box give or take a few specs with in 18 months that is going some.

Look out for the all singing dancing ET9700 very soon LOL

I was under the impression that Xtrend are the OEM and Clarktech were just a 3rd party brand that bought them and badged them as there own.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CokeAddict View Post
    I was under the impression that Xtrend are the OEM and Clarktech were just a 3rd party brand that bought them and badged them as there own.

If you hop on over to a certain other forum they always pleaded that case as well but to quote Blagi's post here you will find some interesting reading

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...l=1#post835239

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If you hop on over to a certain other forum they always pleaded that case as well but to quote Blagi's post here you will find some interesting reading

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...l=1#post835239
    Some nice info there.