Thread: HDMI output on HD800SE

Thanks

HDMI output on HD800SE

Hi there, anybody had problems with the HDMI output cutting out but coming back on after a few days and any idea how it can be fixed?

Thanks
    Not had this one, but I would try another image or reflash the one you have got, I,m using the dreambox uk image by Rossi2000, no problems at all.

Thanks
    Make sure your cable is plugged in properly. Try another cable or even try your existing cable with some other device, a dvd player, a ps3, or whatever has a hdmi output. I doubt it is an image problem.

Also can you please make more clear what you mean by "output cutting out"? Do you get a message on your tv screen saying for example no hdmi input?

Thanks
    Sorry didn't explain enough; The box was bought about a month ago, but about a week ago when I switched it on the image came up a sort of ghost image of the norm and then didn't go to the start up TV channel so I switched it off and on and this time nothing appeared. The output was still there via the scart but obviously not in HD so I don't think it's an image problem. Tried numerous HDMI cables when it cut out but it would not work and so I then took it to a technician friend of mine who tried his cables with the box and his TV and it was not working he also pointed out that the HDMI output was part of the motherboard and would be expensive to repair. Obviously I then took it back to the seller who kept it for a few days and called me to say that they could not find any fault with it and that it was working which it is. Although the box is still under warranty I am concerned that this may be some kind of intermittent problem, caused by overheating for example and that there may be something else on it needs investigating.

Banned
    Thanks
    Board fault no question about it. Probably a dodgy solder joint. Reflow with a blow torch or insist the seller fixes or replaces it.

East of Ipswich. TM9100 on 1.2m CM Spiderbox on 1.8m CM. HD linux next
    Thanks
    Mine is running an old ICvs from Dec 2010 when I got the box, it has never been off, the fan never seems to come cut in and never had a issue, thats why I have stuck with an old image.
    It runs my white card a dream!!!!
    The only thing i had with the HDMI was went 1st loading it kept going to wrong output and my Sony TV was showing it twice, one working the other not.
    But that was a software issue, when fully loaded it was no longer a problem.

Thanks
    Thanks for suggestions, I will follow up accordingly.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donki View Post
    Board fault no question about it. Probably a dodgy solder joint. Reflow with a blow torch or insist the seller fixes or replaces it.
    You were right Donki supplier replaced the box, will have to treat those pesky tight fitting HDMI connectors with a lot more care.