Thread: anyone got any good ghost stories?

Thanks

anyone got any good ghost stories?

my brother told me one today, about a ghost in a cinema, and one about an old pub, he said the temp dropped suddenly in the pub one he was telling me, and he became frozen cold, and this was in the middle of summer!!!

the cinema one, he said he felt a bloke in a long blue army overcoat (40's style) standing watching him, but disappeared when he looked up, he didnt tell anyone until after the cinema was re-done, and they had a launch party, when at that very party, one of his contacts from another contractor involved in the project, told HIM the same story...

or something like that, forgot the exact details, LOL!

ooooohhhh.

sh1t me right up!!!
    Last edited by ManikM; 12-02-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks
    I have had about 13 experiences in my life.

Some I am willing to listen to suggestions for logical explanations, but the others were definitely paranormal.

Were they ghosts? I have no idea, but I now believe there is something out there that we do not yet understand.
    I am not religious at all, in fact I am probably anti religion because it is divisive, and I hate anything divisive.

dog-man

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:

Aldo (13-02-2012), ManikM (13-02-2012)

Thanks
    lets hear em mate!?

Thanks
    My first experience.....

In 1978 I was in the Royal Engineers stationed in Germany.
    I was on an intensive driving course from nothing to HGV.

I finished for the day and returned to my married quarters.
    I sat on the bed in the main bedroom and started to take my boots off.
    I glanced at the mirror on the wall in the hall and saw it begin to steam up as if someone was breathing on it. It slowly formed the face of a very old nasty looking man. I would say he was probably in his 80's or 90's. I called my wife from the front room. She passed the mirror and sat on the bed next to me. I asked her to look at the mirror and tell me what she could see. She said "It's a nasty looking old man".
    We both watched it then slowly vanish.

I lived in a flat. Two flats on the ground floor and two flats on the top. I was on the top.
    We were the only family there at the time. Two families had returned to the Uk because their husband was in N.Ireland and one family was on leave somewhere.
    No sources of hot water anywhere. No kettle boiling, no hot water running, no washing machine operation, no tumble dryer operating etc etc.

I am willing to listen to a logical reason for this one but I cannot think of anything having been there and knowing the flat well.

dog-man

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:

Aldo (13-02-2012), ManikM (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
    My first experience.....

In 1978 I was in the Royal Engineers stationed in Germany.
    I was on an intensive driving course from nothing to HGV.

I finished for the day and returned to my married quarters.
    I sat on the bed in the main bedroom and started to take my boots off.
    I glanced at the mirror on the wall in the hall and saw it begin to steam up as if someone was breathing on it. It slowly formed the face of a very old nasty looking man. I would say he was probably in his 80's or 90's. I called my wife from the front room. She passed the mirror and sat on the bed next to me. I asked her to look at the mirror and tell me what she could see. She said "It's a nasty looking old man".
    We both watched it then slowly vanish.

I lived in a flat. Two flats on the ground floor and two flats on the top. I was on the top.
    We were the only family there at the time. Two families had returned to the Uk because their husband was in N.Ireland and one family was on leave somewhere.
    No sources of hot water anywhere. No kettle boiling, no hot water running, no washing machine operation, no tumble dryer operating etc etc.

I am willing to listen to a logical reason for this one but I cannot think of anything having been there and knowing the flat well.

dog-man
    mate, thats feckin scarey!!!!!

did u (or wife) freak out?

Thanks
    No, we just thought it was strange.
    Didn't really consider paranormal reasons until later in the day.

dog-man

Thanks
    This is my second experience and the one that convinced me there is definitely something we don't understand.

I was still in the army (late 70's) and owned a house in wales.

I let my wife's family live there to look after it. In fact they had rented it before I purchased it, so had lived there for many years.
    Granddad had died about 6 months previous.
    My family and I were on staying in the house.
    It was about 01:00 hrs, a warm night and we couldn't sleep so were laying there talking.

I heard a noise start about half way up the stairs. First I thought temperature expanding or shrinking the wood on the stairs.
    It kept going and my wife and I realised it was footsteps. Then we realised we knew who's footsteps they were. Granddad who had been dead for about 6 months.
    I have to give some info so you understand the situation. He was in his 80's, had been run over and had, had a stroke before he died, so he walked in a very particular way. The Granny (His wife) was bedridden and blind. She was in the large front bedroom. When alive he devoted his life to looking after her. Down the shop, up and down the stairs with drinks and food 24/7. He always wore slippers when he entered the house.

Anyway, his footsteps could be heard coming up the stairs on the carpet. When he got to the top stair of the straight run, he would have to turn left to face the landing. He couldn't turn on the move because of the way he walked. He would shuffle to face the direction he needed to go.
    So he is now on the top step of the straight run. Then we could hear him shuffling to the left to face the landing. Up the final step onto the landing. No carpet on the landing. Only lino. We could hear him shuffling left to face the front of the house and we could hear his slippers sticking to the lino. Then he began to walk toward the door of the room we were in. We could hear his slippers sticking to the lino. I got out of bed and put my hand on the door handle but didn't have the guts to open the door. He stopped outside our door and shuffled toward the right to face into the large bedroom where Granny was. He started walking and now we can't hear anymore because there is a carpet in that bedroom. So we have to make an assumption that he has gone round the bed to the other side where Granny always laid. Then we heard newspaper being crumpled and then heard no more sounds. On the left of the Granny there was always a bucket for waste food or whatever. Because she was blind and could miss the bucket, newspaper was on the floor around the bucket to protect the carpet. The Grandad would change the newspaper a few times a day when alive.

We then drifted off to sleep.

In the morning when we woke up we went into Granny's room and before we could say anything, she said "He came to me last night".

That made me believe that there is something we do not understand.

Off to bed now................

dog-man

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:

Aldo (13-02-2012), ManikM (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    wooooah! thanks very much mate.

it certainly makes me wonder too!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,204 Times in 395 Posts
    this i know is not classed as ghost story...but i do know for sure its true
    a good friend of mine..who was 11 at the time,had a sister who was 6
    well one night,as she kissed her mom and dad goodnight,she said,i love you mommy and daddy,i am going with the angels.
    my friend was in his room while this was been said,
    anyway...next morning,my friend came downstairs,and said his sister had come in his room during the night,and told him she loved him,and was going live with the angels...thats when his parents told him,sadly his sister had died in her sleep that night...she had not shown any signs of illness.
    but after inquest etc...she was found to have leukemia...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to EXTRAFACTO For This Useful Post:

ManikM (15-02-2012)

Thanks
    Well I have one,
    We all stopped in an old house last year in North Wales, my 2 children were asleep upstairs, as we had a baby monitor in the living room, we could not hear them, so checked on them and they were both fast asleep...

later that night we had the tv on and having a glass of wine, when we heard a voice from the baby monitor, sounded like 'GET OUT'
    thinking some one was upstairs and on our way grabbing what ever we could find to protect us, we ran to the room my 2 kids were sleeping...

and nothing!!!

kids were flat out, no one in the room, and in fact we searched the entire house, did not find a thing all the windows were shut.

now the spooky thing was knowing the limitations of the baby monitor (was a cheap one)

the voice had to come from 'within' the room, downstairs when we did hear the voice, it was really loud.

I slept on the floor that night, did not sleep much.

k.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to keith lard For This Useful Post:

ManikM (15-02-2012)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Driving back from South Wales to Es*** years ago, the wife and me decided to stop over at a pub for the night in darkest Wiltshire. Found a lovely old place, (Grittleton) 1000 years old, beams etc. Had a brilliant meal and a few more pints than I usually have. Asked the landlord if the place was haunted? Yes, he said, we have heard footsteps in your room.
    Went to bed with ghosts on my mind, and went out like a light. Room was pitch black, two single beds. In the middle of the night something grabbed my arm!!!! Jeezuz christ I yelled, shut up and go to sleep said my wife. I pulled my feet up under the duvet (I am 6ft 4") so he couldnt get my feet and went back to sleep. In the morning I said to the wife, The place is haunted something grabbed me in the night. Yes she said, you were laying there drunk and snoring so I grabbed your arm and said shut up, and you nearly jumped through the roof!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldjiver For This Useful Post:

dog-man (14-02-2012), sparky_dog (15-02-2012)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    i had a kettle that used to turn off when it finished boiling , must have been sitting bulls ghost doing it . also my toilet cistern fills up with water by its self after flushing .

once my car ran out of petrol and would not start without putting more in . the ghosts must have been invisible as i did not see them .

ive heard of foreign ghosts coming over here taking up spooky actions once done by english ghosts so you may not understand them if they talk .