Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: great start to the new year

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ripley View Post
    should have my old job back in a week or so
    Sounds like good news, best of luck!

Make sure you keep your continuous service if transferred to the new employer under TUPE, or get the redundancy pay - one or the other!
    Last edited by sparky_dog; 01-02-2012 at 06:30 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sparky_dog For This Useful Post:

ripley (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    going the redundancy way,new start from monday,

Thanks
    Hi ripley glad you seem sorted we had our Union meeting Tuesday we are still awaiting our council to make up their minds to new contractor been told also our TUPE SHOULD be carried over which if correct will get our old jobs back if not i also will have to go the redundancy route personally would prefer my old job back as i have not long to go before retirement and hate starting new jobs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhenry For This Useful Post:

ripley (02-02-2012)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Warning on TUPE. A local old folks home was sold by the council to a private firm. The council didnt want to pay redundancy to the mainly long serving staff on good wages, so they were transferred under TUPE. Which means no redundancy but you keep the high wages. As soon as the firm took over it said that it couldnt afford to pay the wages and offered a new contract on minimum wages. TUPE ONLY COVERS THE TRANSFER DATE AFTER THAT THE FIRM CAN TRY TO CHANGE YOUR CONDITIONS. Luckily the staff were all in a union that refused the new contract. But the firm took on new staff at low rates (to split the workforce) and made life hell for the staff who were holding out. A lot of them just couldnt stand the stress and chucked the job in for nothing. After about two years it ended up in court with the firm having to pay over £1,000,000 in back wages. (including to those who had left)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to oldjiver For This Useful Post:

johnhenry (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    started my new job 6/02/12 (my old job but under new ownership) i signed for job seekers allowance on 31/01/12 have since been informed that i have not paid national insurance or p a y e contributions for the year 2010/2011,i have kept my pay slips to prove that i have been deducted these ,i have done nothing wrong but i am having to go to great lengths to sort this out ,i feel that if you are a lying theiving tw~t you will thrive in this country,where as if you pay your taxes (i thought i did) you are entitled to fu$k all,feeling a bit ****e8 off at the moment,sorry

Thanks
    Ripley i was wondering if maybe we worked for the same firm ( Being polite i would never ask) as you know i also got laid off 23/1/12 and like yourself some of my mates also found the company we worked for also had not paid their National Insurance Contributions luckily mine were. Tomorrow i go for interveiw with a new company in which i will be doing my old job of 20 years, but starting again I was about to retire but thought maybe i give it another year. Since being laid off i have managed to re-decorate the kitchen and found out from the Union i am about to get redudancy pay. Certainly nice to have been in the warm through the abismal weather we had in January with temperatures of -12 usually i would be working outdoors in this. So should start back ready for the Spring and warmer weather. Do hope all is well with you. Best wishes johnhenry

10. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhenry For This Useful Post:

ripley (22-03-2012)

Thanks
    Well done my friend, even though times are difficult for you, you obviously presented yourself well, and deserve the opportunity you have earned.
    Hope everything works out well for you.

Pro

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pro For This Useful Post:

johnhenry (23-03-2012), ripley (22-03-2012)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12