Thread: Scart no longer working

Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 336 Posts

Question Scart no longer working

Hi all,ive had my dm 800 connected to tv via hdmi and also had it conected to an old video recorder in order to send the dm 800 round the house via RF but all of a sudden,i can only get audio from the scart,tried different scart leads,reflashed ect but nothing,no picture what so ever,any ideas how to sort it??TIA.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    Take the lid of the DB and check the scart wiring on the socket, does the DB have phonos as well ?

Years ago some broadcasters deliberately interfered with the sync pulses which meant the tv could only just lock up the signal but vcr's could'nt, I cant beleive they could be using that method again, is there anti copying s/w option in the DB that might have got turned on ? that would scupper the vcr.

Thanks
    have you tried going in to the boxs menus to see if the scart socket is switched on

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi,

Could possibly be dry solder joints where the Scart socket is connected to the motherboard? Remember it gets very hot in there! I have the same arrangemnt using the Scart to send the signal around my RF loop and it's working fine for me.

GAH

Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 336 Posts
    Thanx all for ya replies,had sumone redo the solder joints and still no go,if i set it to Scart in the menu and confirm OK with green button,it reverts back to hd lead after a few seconds??although it was always set for hd but still sent signal out via scart.