Thread: Storm Damaged 120 Fibo

Thanks

Storm Damaged 120 Fibo

Hi All
    I am hopeing someone can help with some advice on how to proceed with my storm damaged fibo.
    On the 2nd January Central Scotland was hit by severe gales gusts of 100mph were recorded. Unfortunatley my fibo was brought down, it was roof mounted. By pure coincedence I was out in the back garden fixing a bird feeder, and as I walked back to the door my dish started to slide down the roof, it hit my Sky dish (free channels only), which slowed it down, and I managed to hold onto it and lowered it too the ground. What where the chances of me being in the right place at the right time!!
    My Satellite Installer rekons he can sort the Dish it is dented at the bottom. The Polar Mount is broken. What are the chances of finding another?
    I have read that some people are useing the Jaeger 1224 and I have read that it is a good combination, would this be stronger? This Dish is too good to retire!! Any Advice would be appreciated.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    if the dish is damaged warped or dented then it will not perform to the standard it used to but a dent on the rim will not affect it that bad as for the motor could be difficult to find another why not go for a new andrews channel master 1.2m the best on the market with matching polar mount will last a lifetime

Thanks
    Thanks for your reply satwyn, I am considering all options at the moment.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I am too "young" here and not allowed to send PMs, so question 2 Gordon2124: Did you manage to restore your storm-damaged Fibo dish? Maybe you could post some pictures. I am very interested in Fibos and would like to gather more information.