Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: lnb tests ,smart tit ,black ultra ,invacom twin c120,invacom quad c120

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,083 Posts
    Hi Ian

Yes, I agree. You are totally correct.

The point I was making was that people are trying to compare signal strengths on different setups and this will vary depending upon the box used as they may well have different "base line" values ( as demonstrated by the ~5% difference between my boxes).

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 007.4 For This Useful Post:

CokeAddict (25-08-2012), cosworth4x4 (26-08-2012), ian (25-08-2012), Plessy (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 007.4 View Post
    Hi Ian

Yes, I agree. You are totally correct.

The point I was making was that people are trying to compare signal strengths on different setups and this will vary depending upon the box used as they may well have different "base line" values ( as demonstrated by the ~5% difference between my boxes).

Dont forget one of the most important facts Area as well, as mentioned the signal meters on receivers should be taken with a pinch of salt i get varying degrees on my pro meter's on different setups but receivers nearly always give a higher reading or what i would call an economical reading

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    @ cosworth

think that has to be a really old footprint mate,prior to the latest sats going up,because i have a 1.2m in manchester and so clearly outside of your posted footprint area,yet i can receive 85% signal,perfectly locked on bbc world.

Ian.
    it could be im not sure its the only one i could find at the time from lyngsat,im a lot further away and get it on a 1.2 ,but a lot weaker.

Thanks
    Well I finally got around to modding a single Smart White Titanium 0.1dB.
    Cutting with a hacksaw and cleaning the surface with a broad file was relatively easy.
    The problem is the remaining flange diameter is three millimetres too small to fully encompass the four C120 flange screw holes.

-----------------------------------------

is it defiantly mounted dead center on the feedhorn.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yes, I paid particular attention to this. There is an equal space all away around the edge of the flange.

BTW did you use an O-ring between the LNB flange and the feedhorn face?

I tried with and without and it didd not seem to make much difference.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 007.4 For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    no i got some very good sealer we use in work , its best ive ever seen for oil water and heat so works perfect to keep out the rain as well.

its not cheep so glad i dont have to pay for it , i really would not trust normal silicon to do the job.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    OK. I've found a nice weak satellite to test on - Eutelsat 25A (25.5 East).

This satellite is very marginal and depends upon the weather and time of day. It is quite a lot stronger at night.
    The radio channels, however, appear to be very strong during the day.

Just now this is what I'm getting. Thin high cloud.

Code:
                                           Mod Smart White          Invacom  
    Al Sabah                 10998 V 2532 3/4  41%                   No Lock
    BRG                      11145 V 2500 3/4  28% no lock           No Lock
    Channel 11 (Orient News) 11368 H 2100 3/4  44%                    40%
    Egypt 1                  11635 H 2200 3/4  38%                    35%

Radio channels on        11040 V 1536 3/4  84%                    83%   
    Assirat                  11152 V 2200 3/4  13% no lock           No lock
    I suspect this will get even better tonight. I was getting Assirat and BRG last night even with with the Invacom.

So contrary to my earlier observations the modified smart white does seem to out perform the Invacom on the very weak transponders by about 4%. Enough to get a lock on previously un-lockable channels.

Many thanks to cosworth4x4 for the initial idea

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 007.4 For This Useful Post:

CokeAddict (09-09-2012), cosworth4x4 (09-09-2012), Plessy (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    You should have tested with an Inverto Black pro as the Invacom and White tech have a similar 0.3db rating where as the Black pro is equal to the 0.2db Black Ultra

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I do not have an Inverto Black Pro or Ultra to test with.

I have an Inverto White Tech. That does not perform as well as the Invacom, which in turn (according to my latest tests today) does not perform quite as well as the Modified Smart White Titanium (converted to C120). According to the box this has a 0.1dB rating and it does seem to be a bit better than the 0.3dB Invacom on the very weak transponders.

I am also now using an adjustable Invacom ADF-120 feed horn. This is not entirely suitable for my dish (F/D = 0.468) as it is for dishes with F/D 0.32 - 0.43 but with a "negative projection" (scalar rings screwed right out) it is better than the very old one I was using.

Thanks
    what sort of cable run do you have with the Invacom as i know for sure anything over 20m and they do not perform as well as the Inverto's, Also inside the Inverto's is a plastic round shield to protect from unwanted visitors reports suggest that removing this has a slight signal gain.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    It is a long while since I installed the dish. I'm not sure what cable I used at the time. I guess bog-standard RG6 but it is a very short run of only about 5m so I do not think it will make much difference. I'm pulling in very weak sats

The thing I do like about the Inverto is the plastic insert. The reason I bought that LNB was I thought the Invacom was failing. Only when I removed the Invacom to replace it with the Inverto did I discover a spider's nest deep doen inside!

I've tried stretching some cling film over the front of the feed horn. That stops the bugs getting in. However, eventually you get some condensation on it and that then degrades the signal.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 007.4 For This Useful Post:

Plessy (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    You should have tested with an Inverto Black pro as the Invacom and White tech have a similar 0.3db rating where as the Black pro is equal to the 0.2db Black Ultra
    i seem to recall the gibertini feedhorn that you recommended was as good and the same as a channel master feedhorn on a channel master dish.

why do you keep contradicting peoples results and say something else is better.

plus smart tit twin £15 black pro £21 , ok bit of work to mod the tit but its not hard.

if youre track record was good id be tempted to get a black pro to test , but after the gibertini im just going to

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    i seem to recall the gibertini feedhorn that you recommended was as good and the same as a channel master feedhorn on a channel master dish.

why do you keep contradicting peoples results and say something else is better.

plus smart tit twin £15 black pro £21 , ok bit of work to mod the tit but its not hard.

if youre track record was good id be tempted to get a black pro to test , but after the gibertini im just going to
    Tell you what mate why dont you try getting of the high horse routine with the 'Modding' part with Smart **** and Black Ultra's and then saying they are better than there C120 counterpart, Do you really believe that Inverto would manufacture 2 different types of LNB in one factory that does not make good business sense. The Black Pro is the Black ultra in C120 form why would anyone go to the trouble of ripping one apart to do a conversion when they both retail at the same price in my mind there is no benefit.

OH! i thought i would include this a CM1.2 with Gibby feedhorn with White Tech Twin pulling in same SNR's as an Unmodded black ultra or your Smart Tit Nuff said

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

manic01 (10-09-2012), mdt (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    ive no reason at all to even get on a pony let alone a high horse , ive no financial benefit to say one lnb or feedhorn better than another other than to benefit other members to get a better signal on their dish .

you have seen 3 members inc myself say the same smart tit better on week signals, its now looking like we can see who the tit is.

cm 1.2 with a gibby feedhorn and white tech twin pulling in the same as my smart tit ,LOL THAT WAS MODDED WITH CM FEEDHORN ????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

I GUESS NOT WHO DID YOU SCAM WITH THAT ONE, HOPE HE DON'T RECOGNISE THE PICTURE.

AND ITS NOT JUST THIS SITE YOU SEEM TO DISAGREE WITH POSTS TOPICS TESTS OTHER MEMBERS POST
    Last edited by cosworth4x4; 11-09-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks
    When you decide to pull your head out of your own arse because its that far up it and get your eyes tested thats a white capped gibby feedhorn unless i am mistaken and CM made white capped feedhorn's NOT!.

What i do disagree with is people suggesting that an LNBF can be better than its C120 counterpart when they are identical both in nature of production and performance which you have on this very thread, Also tests you carry out on your own equipment are impossible to replicate those results on someone else's system. which throughout this thread you have members believing they can get achieve this on there own equipment which is far from the truth.

Thanks
    I think you need to read this thread from the beginning again as you are just picking out parts you want to believe

Thanks
    sorry for the delay but its taken me a while to get my head out

ill keep it simple for you , reply regarding youre photo of the cm with gibby feed horn im pretty sure i can tell them apart after you recommend one saying the same as a channel master it cost me £28 to find out its crap on a channel master ,the post was a p*ss take but you clearly didnt get it.

ok back to first post 15-12-2011 new lnb required everyone saying smart tit or inverto black ultra.
    smart dont make a c120 version so to keep the cm feedhorn a modification had to be made, the smart tit proved better on the weaker signals than the iverto black ultra so what would be the point in going out and buying a black pro c120 when all i needed to do is modify that.

regarding the black ultra the same as the black pro , perhaps you should contact inverto regarding this comment on the black ultra and not the pro,

"The combination of higher spec components"

their words not mine.

the results /photos were posted to help others out , i dont recal forcing anyone to go out and buy any lnb the choice is theirs to make with the results given .

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

Plessy (11-01-2013), snakie (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    sorry for the delay but its taken me a while to get my head out

ill keep it simple for you , reply regarding youre photo of the cm with gibby feed horn im pretty sure i can tell them apart .

why dont you wind your neck in untill you know what you are talking about? the 1.2cm in the picture posted by @digicon in this thread is owned by a well respected member on the forums and the feedhorn is a "old style" gibertini feedhorn with a longer neck than the new style which is the same as @digicons and yours im guessing... i know this because its identical to the one i have on my gibby 1.25 and it was me who sold the feedhorn(i purchased 2 from ****** sat shop) and c120 whitetech twin to the owner of the dish. i also have a andrew/cm feedhorn here and it doesnt have a white plastic cap on like the one in the picture it has a piece of transparent film over it and is bigger than the gibby one as you know seeing as you own one. i know @digicon personally and he,s a professional installer who fits all kinds/types of systems/combanations with diff stb,s,dishes ect ect in different locations and has a broad knowlage through seeing reception results day in day out. ive tried halve a dozen combo,s of lnb, lnb feedhorns on my dish and using either a dm800pro or vu+ duo/uno the best results ive had are with the old style gibby feedhorn and inverto c120 pro twin although i havent tried the single
    Attached Images Attached Images

25. The Following User Says Thank You to mdt For This Useful Post:

manic01 (13-09-2012)

Thanks
    im getting a bit tired now repeating myself read the post again , i know its a gibertini in the 1st photo posted ,IT WAS A **** TAKE.

and i will stand by my test results the gibirtini feedhorn is no good at all on the channel master 1.2 dish for weaker signals, you dont need any pro meter or signal meter in receiver to tell when one does not get a visible picture (the gibertini) and the channel master does.

if you do not wish to go with original channel master feedhorn then better results with black ultra or smart tit than the gibertini feedhorn and save some money.

ruff prices

gib feedhorn and black pro c120 £28/£14.99

black ultra and smart tit both £10

channel master feedhorn £40/£60(used) and £10 for smart tit

not hard to work out only about a £5 difference between the one matched for the dish and the not so good one.

i don't see the point leaving this open any longer way its going it will all get dumped in the bin , then no one will see the info.
    whats the saying always one , or is it now two that spoils it.

anyone need any help/info feel free to pm me always happy to help.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

Plessy (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    thread reopened

lets try and keep it civil this time and remember that its not a professional claiming the nobel prize here

its simply an AMATEUR hobbyist trying to help fellow hobbyists, if you dont like or want his help then dont ask or reply trying to troll the posts !

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

CokeAddict (24-09-2012), cosworth4x4 (24-09-2012), jolaw (31-08-2013), Plessy (11-01-2013), radicaldoc (04-04-2014), snakie (24-09-2012)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast