Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: lnb tests ,smart tit ,black ultra ,invacom twin c120,invacom quad c120

Thanks
    Hi
    At the moment Im using a standard Titanium LNB. Looking at the tests. In previous sites - I ordered a
    INVERTO BLACK ULTRA SINGLE LNB IDLB-SINL40-ULTRA-OPP - As user are saying this is better.

How much would a feed horn cost for my Channel Master? Cosworth or CokeAddict if U made one of the CM Tit1 super LNB for my 1.2 to get the best of my dish. What would it cost?

Any Advise and help would be greateful

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,863 Times in 2,251 Posts
    A feedhorn will cost between £35 and £65 from what I have seen / paid, as for doing the conversion, you will need to speak with cosworth4x4 as I got him to do mine for me

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CokeAddict For This Useful Post:

nadz123 (14-07-2012), Plessy (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanks cokeAddict - I cant sent him a PM as I dont have that many post on here, but if u can send him a message let him know im interested
    Thanks mate

Thanks
    you can also use the Gibertini feedhorn on the channel master as its classed as universal and has the exact same F/D ratio as the channel master 1.2, available for around £25

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nadz123 View Post
    Thanks cokeAddict - I cant sent him a PM as I dont have that many post on here, but if u can send him a message let him know im interested
    Thanks mate
    once you get hold of a proper cm feedhorn (or raven /andrews ) as they all the same let me know ill do one for you , if you want to save money with a gibertini then id say you may as well just bolt up a good universal lnb ,the cm feedhorn is perfectly matched to the dish.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

nadz123 (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    once you get hold of a proper cm feedhorn (or raven /andrews ) as they all the same let me know ill do one for you , if you want to save money with a gibertini then id say you may as well just bolt up a good universal lnb ,the cm feedhorn is perfectly matched to the dish.
    And so is the Gibertini feedhorn i have used one on a CM 1.2 and tested it again'st the CM official and there is 0 difference, Also why is everyone converting Black Ultra LNBF's to fit a feedhorn when you can get the Inverto Black pro Flange which is identical @ 0.2db and costs £10 from most suppliers.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    buy a bigger dish better than fiddling with miracle lnbs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    And so is the Gibertini feedhorn i have used one on a CM 1.2 and tested it again'st the CM official and there is 0 difference, Also why is everyone converting Black Ultra LNBF's to fit a feedhorn when you can get the Inverto Black pro Flange which is identical @ 0.2db and costs £10 from most suppliers.
    so you are saying the black pro is exactly the same as the black ultra ?
    you have a gibertini feedhorn to send me to test i will return to you ,as you do not have me convinced 1 bit that a universal feedhorn is going to be as good as one made for a specific dish .

Thanks
    yeah wont argue with you there providing the bigger dish is good quality.

i sold a 1.2 channel master last year to a guy that went and bought one of them massive dishes from ****** either 1.5 or 1.8 cant recall , the installer told him to get rid as he could not even get a signal on a week sat that the cm 1.2 was pulling in.

so cheep crap bigger not always best ,

plus not always a option for a bigger dish so need to get the max out of what you have.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

Plessy (11-01-2013)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    yes agree would not recommend the fortec 1.8m but there are others the gibertini 1.5m should pull in those weak signals

14. The Following User Says Thank You to satwyn For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    so you are saying the black pro is exactly the same as the black ultra ?
    you have a gibertini feedhorn to send me to test i will return to you ,as you do not have me convinced 1 bit that a universal feedhorn is going to be as good as one made for a specific dish .
    I dont have a spare they are used on jobs, The gibertini and the CM feedhorn are both classed as universal due to the fact that both 1.2m dishes have the same F/D ratio of 0.6-0.7 so no difference.

Inverto make many different branded LNBF's as well as C120 as from what i read and have tested both the Ultra and the Pro are identical one is an LNBF the other a C120, you yourself should know that they do a premium range in the Black series LNBF they also do a similar range in the C120's as well called the White Tech again both are 0.3db with the Ultra and the Pro being there top class range.

Thanks
    Highly recommended for Raven (Andrews / Channel Master) 1.2m, 1.8m and 2.4m dishes. Use this feedhorn with a C120 flange LNB for
    better matching and improved signal to noise ratio compared to a 40mm clamp LNB of equivalent (or lower) noise level.
    Why buy a high quality Raven (Andrews / Channel Master) dish and use a compromise 40mm mass market LNB which has
    a universal feedhorn / cap and is not designed for a particular dish? Taking a 1.2m dish as an example. A 40mm LNB
    may only illuminate 1.1m of dish area (not enough) or perhaps 1.3m of dish area (i.e. including noise around the edges).
    With a matched feedhorn, exactly 1.2m of dish area is illuminated.

above taken from a well respected and well know sat dealers website , f/d is only one aspect of the feedhorn,and ill class the universal gibertini feedhorn in the same class (universal).

so you got test results for the pro com-paired to the ultra then, not that it makes any difference as the smart titanium was better on the cm 1.2 with cm feedhorn.

Thanks
    Also for that well respected over priced site when on the feedhorn page click the gibertini and it takes you to the same page.

The picture below shows the feedhorn on a 1.8m Raven dish in Spain.
    Customers have also reported excellent results when the Raven feedhorn was used with a Gibertini 1.5m dish.
    Dish spare part - the plastic 40mm clamp Raven feed support boss which holds the feedhorn or LNB is available below
    from the same website and if you see the pictures you will also note the Black Pro C120 and nothing else.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    Also for that well respected over priced site when on the feedhorn page click the gibertini and it takes you to the same page.

from the same website and if you see the pictures you will also note the Black Pro C120 and nothing else.

yes black pro available off the shelf , black ultra in c120 form is not .
    smart tit also not available in c120 .

what this whole topic was originally about , if people want to fit gibertinis and off the shelf lnbs then they are welcome too.

but i will still stick buy my original findings best option is original cm feedhorn and smart tit modded lnb.

anyone who has a spare gibertini feedhorn to send me to test i will return it and post the results here.

if it does turn out to be better then ill buy one and sell on the cm feedhorn as ill be well in pocket, but i have a strong feeling it will be the cm one that stays on the dish.

Thanks
    ok im struggling to get one for £25 you interested in doing me one at a good price as all yours are on jobs .

i have no vested interest in whats the best commercial wise so it will be a fair result i post.

Thanks
    ok im struggling to get one for £25 you interested in doing me one at a good price as all yours are on jobs .

i have no vested interest in whats the best commercial wise so it will be a fair result i post.
    this is where i get mine from
    Last edited by digicon; 14-07-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Thanks
    thanks best remove the link.

Thanks
    CokeAddickt - I have ordered an origanal Channel MAster Feedhorn, as I am still short of post, pleaser mail me @ ndiqbal@o2.co.uk so I can send this to be setup.

Let me know

Regards
    Nadz

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,863 Times in 2,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nadz123 View Post
    CokeAddickt - I have ordered an origanal Channel MAster Feedhorn, as I am still short of post, pleaser mail me @ ndiqbal@o2.co.uk so I can send this to be setup.

Let me know

Regards
    Nadz

It is cosworth4x4 that needs to contact you, he's the guy that knows what he is doing, no point me getting involved, you will end up with a broken lnb and feedhorn.

Thanks
    Sorry CokeAddickt - If U see him around - Let him know.
    Thanks again
    cosworth4x4 - If u here please contact me on ndiqbal@o2.co.uk
    Regards
    Nadz

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast