Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: lnb tests ,smart tit ,black ultra ,invacom twin c120,invacom quad c120

Thanks
    Im using an FTE Max Evo spectrum + Mer - Ber readings.
    Biggest dish i tried the black ultra was on 2.7 offset dish for 28.2E giving me 3db`s more on itv frequency and boosted the MER 2.2db`s up,
    making the receiver able to lock.Always talking for fringe reception of 28.2 ( Cyprus ).
    I will look how to get a titie and try it also on similar setups.
    My thought is that a feehorn can and must be used on lnbs that they are actually made for or in case you remove a part of the original flange on the current lnb.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snakie View Post
    Im using an FTE Max Evo spectrum + Mer - Ber readings.
    Biggest dish i tried the black ultra was on 2.7 offset dish for 28.2E giving me 3db`s more on itv frequency and boosted the MER 2.2db`s up,
    making the receiver able to lock.Always talking for fringe reception of 28.2 ( Cyprus ).
    I will look how to get a titie and try it also on similar setups.
    My thought is that a feehorn can and must be used on lnbs that they are actually made for or in case you remove a part of the original flange on the current lnb.
    ok but the big but is channel master 1.2 as i said from the beginning a different dish is going to give different results on a different day with different weather conditions,reasons i keep the tests to the same day same conditions , this test was to see what was best with my dish and others that use it.
    Last edited by cosworth4x4; 16-12-2011 at 11:48 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

TurboPirate (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snakie View Post
    and im not really sure you understood original posts altho i removed part of the feedhorn it was to bolt it to a channel master feed horn not to then bolt it straight upto the dish.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

TurboPirate (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    I saw the photos, i think you need to shorten more the distance on the lnbs.
    I dont disagree about your tests for channel master, i just express my view for other dishes as well.
    Im more curious to test the tit lnb now to be honest.

P.s:i always like to tweak a little the focal points of the dishes to be sure i get better values

Thanks
    i can mess about with the black ultra as to be honest its heading for the bin , but im not really sure its going to make any difference the focal point is fixed on the channel master feedhorn as you prob know , so my understanding i could be wrong one it reaches that point its then just feed straight back towards the lnb.

the results with its own feedhorn and the channel master one was lower on both tests.

as long as the standard tit does not turn out to be better than the one with the channel master feedhorn ill be happy with the results,they not lab tests but good enough for me.

Thanks
    Yes, once the signal reaches the focal point then it reflects in the tube till it gets into the dipoles for vertical/horizontal.
    What is happening is that the tube must be well designed without differences in the inner diameter and the dipoles must not be too far from the focal point,
    neither too near.
    On your channel master feed the tube is already long enough, it reminds me the echostar fiberglass dish from mid 90`s (120x140),i think ian has one too.
    On that dish again the feed and the tube have a length of about 8 to 10 cm,with the lnb dipoles to be only 5-6 mm away from the flange surface.
    So total depth of the lnb hole is around 10mm.
    Similar is the Invacom lnb with the depth to be bigger on flange type but less than the ordinary offset lnb,even if you cut and remove a part of the actual feedhorn.
    What happens on similar setups is that the original focal point of the dish, is the standard as was before,but because of the differences of the tube length,
    you end up having too much noise.
    Changing the position of the focal point will lead to using less surface of the dish but more accurate signal with less noise,which of course the result will be seen on difficult frequencies.
    I dont have a cam to take some photos about different lnbs to show what i mean, so i hope that the other folks reading understand what i want to say,
    besides a photo is a 1000 words

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snakie For This Useful Post:

BM300 (20-12-2011), ian (22-12-2011), Plessy (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    didnt get a chance to compair moded and standard tit the weekend last minute shopping and then **** weather,but i have now made a second mod to the black ultra , ive made it 19 mm to the dipole same as the invacom c120 ,pictures added above post 4.

so its now a 3 way battle again .

if the black ultra improves with this mod ,means i am going to have to also do the tit ,

Thanks
    ive just added the results to post 4 .

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

Plessy (11-01-2013), snakie (24-12-2011)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I once had a couple of twin Smart **** and they gave me all I ever wanted...

0.1 dB, gold connectors etc. Very cool!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blagi For This Useful Post:

kadnor (19-09-2012)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,863 Times in 2,251 Posts
    Well I swapped out my Black Ultra Twin for 1 of these Hybrid Smart Tit twin CM feedhorn jobbies

It's been up for a week now, and I haven't touched the dish alignment as it tracks the arc perfectly from 53­e to 45°w and I figured it would be better to just fit the lnb and test.

Well signals have improved on most sats, Astra 1 sly cinema germany for example with the black ultra 82% signal with the hybrid tit 99%, Hotbird sly cinema +24 HD with the black 77% with the hybrid 99%.

Moving to the weaker sats. 26°e Badr ADEN with the black 52% with the hybrid 55%, MBC 1 black 38% hybrid 44%.

7°w JSC Sports +5,6,7,8 with the black 0% (no lock) with the hybrid 45% (lock), MBC1 black 44% hybrid 51%

30°w both pretty much the same very little in it.

45°w RA**** black 38% but badly breaking up, hybrid 41% and watchable

0.8°w (the sat I used to align my dish originally) Telnor testcard black 86% hybrid 97%, bbc HD both 99%

So imo if you happen to have a CM dish and a CM feedhorn doing nothing, then get hold of a smart tit twin lnb and modify it to use the CM feedhorn it's well worth it.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CokeAddict For This Useful Post:

Blagi (29-02-2012), cosworth4x4 (28-01-2012), jeff cornell (01-02-2012), kadnor (19-09-2012), Nikkas (02-05-2014), snakie (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    How much is a fair price for a CM feed?

Thanks
    seen them go for as low as £30 , but they average the £40/£50 mark on ******* site.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    seen them go for as low as £30 , but they average the £40/£50 mark on ******* site.
    Thanks for your reply, but i cant read the name of the site that i can buy them from. Can you send me the name on a pm?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    On my 1.2 Channl master offset dish i use inverto black ultra .2db no feedhorn just use LNB in the dish own LNB Holder tested quite a few LNB's when 16e was running really low signal and so few lnb's gave me any signal whatsoever on Digi Alb Films that why i stuck with Inverto Black ultra as it was consistant signal and no pic break up in bad weather ,
    i'd sat tit 1 LNB was pretty good aswell but not as much gain , Darkgold Lnb was decent enuff with tests aswell , i did try invacom C120 with Feedhorn was okay but with it being .3db was pretty pathetic in Rain and bad weather .Now i just leave channl master parked on 16e for to check my tring tv card updates and is working .

On my 2 Meter prime Focus Dish ive been using Inverto Black pro .2db LNB with feedhorn minius scaler rings done tests with invacom .3db and inverto white .2db LNB's both were ok but in poor weather Inverto black pro .2db wins everytime and 7w Nilesat is literally impossible to recieve here in Eire NW so no reason for me to change or mess about i guess ,
    i was able to get few Viasat channls on my old offset Fortecstar 1.6 dish using Tit 1 LNB and inverto black ultra but havnt used that dish since it wasnt suitable and too exposed to wind where my 1.2 channl master is rock solid in same exposed area .
    i dont tend to mess with my dishes anymore since they get me pretty much all i require from 42e to 30w but i am going to install new actuator Arm on my 2 meter dish when weather is suitable and i have free time .
    anyways great tests Cosworth m8'y i like those pics and your tests are very much interesting and excellent thread here aswell so Well done and good luck with testing .

-----
    Barney

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (01-03-2012), Plessy (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by morten9836 View Post
    Thanks for your reply, but i cant read the name of the site that i can buy them from. Can you send me the name on a pm?
    e- b-a-y is likely what cosworth was try too put only forum does tend to auto Censor lot of words unfortunatly .

---
    Barney

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

cosworth4x4 (01-03-2012), Plessy (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    On my 1.2 Channl master offset dish i use inverto black ultra .2db no feedhorn just use LNB in the dish own LNB Holder tested quite a few LNB's when 16e was running really low signal and so few lnb's gave me any signal whatsoever on Digi Alb Films that why i stuck with Inverto Black ultra as it was consistant signal and no pic break up in bad weather ,
    i'd sat tit 1 LNB was pretty good aswell but not as much gain , Darkgold Lnb was decent enuff with tests aswell , i did try invacom C120 with Feedhorn was okay but with it being .3db was pretty pathetic in Rain and bad weather .Now i just leave channl master parked on 16e for to check my tring tv card updates and is working .

On my 2 Meter prime Focus Dish ive been using Inverto Black pro .2db LNB with feedhorn minius scaler rings done tests with invacom .3db and inverto white .2db LNB's both were ok but in poor weather Inverto black pro .2db wins everytime and 7w Nilesat is literally impossible to recieve here in Eire NW so no reason for me to change or mess about i guess ,
    i was able to get few Viasat channls on my old offset Fortecstar 1.6 dish using Tit 1 LNB and inverto black ultra but havnt used that dish since it wasnt suitable and too exposed to wind where my 1.2 channl master is rock solid in same exposed area .
    i dont tend to mess with my dishes anymore since they get me pretty much all i require from 42e to 30w but i am going to install new actuator Arm on my 2 meter dish when weather is suitable and i have free time .
    anyways great tests Cosworth m8'y i like those pics and your tests are very much interesting and excellent thread here aswell so Well done and good luck with testing .

-----
    Barney
    Hey Barney, any chance of treating us to some pics of your dishes & lnbs m8??

Cheers & good to hear your on the mend-please dont climb any ladders though to use your cam!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to catseye For This Useful Post:

Plessy (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    e- b-a-y is likely what cosworth was try too put only forum does tend to auto Censor lot of words unfortunatly .

---
    Barney
    its not unfortunate , its actually quite deliberate

27. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Plessy (11-01-2013)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,863 Times in 2,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    its not its actually quite deliberate
    Thats unfortunate lol

29. The Following User Says Thank You to CokeAddict For This Useful Post:

Plessy (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    lol's !! okay ..understandable of course thnxs Echelon ,
    anyhows back on Topic and yes of course i shall take some pics of my set up 1.2 Channl master Dish and my prime focus 2 meter dish i do this hopefully this weekend weather permitting if not then for sure on Monday .
    As i said i use inverto black pro 0.2db C120 lnb on prime focus dish minus the Scaler rings which do decrease my signals a lot .
    I Use Inverto black ultra 0.2db LNB on my offset 1.2m channl master dish which for me is running really superb on 16e now .
    i have changed and installed a brand new actuator on my channl master dish and i have a real good heavy duty 24" Actuator ready to go on my prime focus dish at the min its got just a normal standard 24" actuator which is fine for past year or so but weather wasnt permitting me to do a lot lately typical irish weather i guess ,lol's !!!
    but not to worry is easy to take pics of my set up because its all ground mounted with enuff Cement to withstand any amount of weather that was well tested at the start of this year when we had 143 kmph violent storms hit us with a vengance .
    anyhow somtime over the weekend or monday i get buzy with a camera and get some pics taken for everyone to see .
    cheers guys .
    ----
    Barney

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

catseye (16-03-2012), cosworth4x4 (16-03-2012), Plessy (11-01-2013)

Thanks
    looks like you get the same crap weather as me in wales,

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cosworth4x4 For This Useful Post:

Barney (16-03-2012), Plessy (11-01-2013)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast