View Poll Results: If Aljazeera get the 2013-2016 premiership rights how much for a card

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • same as they are now sub 150

    0 0%
  • Doubled at least 300

    2 40.00%
  • quadruple 450

    3 60.00%
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: If Aljazeera get the 2013-2016 premiership rights

  1. #1
    V.I.P
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    193
    Thanked 260 Times in 170 Posts

    If Aljazeera get the 2013-2016 premiership rights

    If Aljazeera get the 2013-2016 premiership rights how much will a card cost? Just a bit of fun

  2.    Advert



  3. #2
    V.I.P Barney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,374
    Thanks
    3,094
    Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Well im saying at least 450 if not more than that and that is being realistic ..but Al Jazzera sub card i currently have is worth at least double what i paid for it and for me i would not think twice about Renewing my Subscription either even if its 450 + because its been real value for money in this day & age and considering how badly Tring TV are screwing thier Customers i wud have to say Al Jazzeera has built customer satisfaction and trust and will be very successfull regardless if they do get EPL coverage ...i should think they will however get the EPL Rights to show live games because money will not be a problem but it may come at a price Al Jazeera may decide to charge extra to see those games similar to what they done with +9 and +10 channls which cost extra 100 almost to see those 2 channls i wont be surprised if they go a similar route with EPL Live Games .
    We can only wait and see i guess ..it'll deffo be a tuff pill for Uncle Ruppie to swallow when Al Jazeera do get the rights to show EPL games you can be sure of that .

    ------
    Barney

  4. #3
    Cool Dude
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,239
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 993 Times in 524 Posts
    Al Jazeera is an outside the EU broadcaster, no good for pubs !

  5. #4
    V.I.P manic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,051
    Thanks
    1,820
    Thanked 2,816 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Not exactly true.

    http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/G...-by-High-Court
    A licensee has had a conviction for screening foreign satellite football overturned by the High Court in London.

    Gregory Turner, of the Golden Cup, Yoxall, Burton-upon-Trent, was originally convicted and fined 500 in June 2009 for showing games using an Arab Radio and Television (ART) Network system, after the case was brought by Media Protection Services (MPS).


    He appealed the decision at Stafford Crown Court last March, but this was rejected.


    However, judges at the High Court earlier this month allowed the appeal and quashed the conviction, on the basis the court had not considered EU law.


    The long-running issue of foreign satellite football is currently being considered by judges at the European Court of Justice.


    Martin Howe QC, acting for Turner, previously argued the case had an EU dimension as ART conducted "economic activity" in Italy.

  6. #5
    V.I.P DARKMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,062
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 383 Times in 126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadstamut View Post
    If Aljazeera get the 2013-2016 premiership rights how much will a card cost? Just a bit of fun
    Will NOT HAPPENS..


    sky EUROPE or Sky WORLD will have them....
    Even if that happens will be call JSC SKY ARAB ...lol

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to DARKMAN For This Useful Post:

    manic01 (09-12-2011)

  8. #6
    V.I.P DARKMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,062
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 383 Times in 126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyO View Post
    Al Jazeera is an outside the EU broadcaster, no good for pubs !
    Pubs will not sell much any way.....after all things became little more clear....

    Pubs are public use... is nought FAPL in future use one Logo or cometary or Writing on screen to cough them for their own Copy rights...

    Game is over for them after 2013..
    Last edited by DARKMAN; 08-12-2011 at 07:20 PM.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to DARKMAN For This Useful Post:

    manic01 (09-12-2011)

  10. #7
    V.I.P DARKMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,062
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 383 Times in 126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    Not exactly true.

    http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/G...-by-High-Court
    A licensee has had a conviction for screening foreign satellite football overturned by the High Court in London.

    Gregory Turner, of the Golden Cup, Yoxall, Burton-upon-Trent, was originally convicted and fined 500 in June 2009 for showing games using an Arab Radio and Television (ART) Network system, after the case was brought by Media Protection Services (MPS).


    He appealed the decision at Stafford Crown Court last March, but this was rejected.


    However, judges at the High Court earlier this month allowed the appeal and quashed the conviction, on the basis the court had not considered EU law.


    The long-running issue of foreign satellite football is currently being considered by judges at the European Court of Justice.


    Martin Howe QC, acting for Turner, previously argued the case had an EU dimension as ART conducted "economic activity" in Italy.

    Yes ART story is little tricky.... they have agreement with Italian UPLINK Sat feed.,,,....that done Art like part agreement with Eu rules through Italy....lol

    LORD MARTIN HOWE ( QC ) from 8square is the Best Barrister in UK..

    HAIL to HIM.

    I know Him personally and He is Helping as with some cases against Fapl..and their Dogssssssssss.....
    Last edited by DARKMAN; 12-12-2011 at 02:24 AM.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DARKMAN For This Useful Post:

    chopper1 (16-01-2012), manic01 (09-12-2011), maurice (10-12-2011)

  12. #8
    V.I.P
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    193
    Thanked 260 Times in 170 Posts
    Well it's good to see that everyone is in agreement that the cards would infact go up in price. I suppose simple economics , supply and demand. Demand for a product will inflate the price. Although back in the day Aljay cards were going for 120 which is a reasonable price. To whatever the future may bring to our lovely hobby , its all good.

  13. #9
    Cool Dude
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,239
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 993 Times in 524 Posts

    So thats the problem solved then !

    one person in the UK buys a card and the other 60 million share it.

  14. #10
    Senior Member corporates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    118
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 68 Times in 44 Posts
    I agree with what Darkman says, he has always been the best guide on this matter as far as i'm concerned.

    Regards
    Corporates

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to corporates For This Useful Post:

    chopper1 (16-01-2012)

  16. #11
    V.I.P
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    595
    Thanks
    193
    Thanked 260 Times in 170 Posts
    Read an article about how the family that own Jsc are very interested in Prem football. They have a lot of money. So it may become a reality. It all hinges on how the rights are split up from next year(2013-2016).

  17. #12
    V.I.P DARKMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,062
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 383 Times in 126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadstamut View Post
    Read an article about how the family that own Jsc are very interested in Prem football. They have a lot of money. So it may become a reality. It all hinges on how the rights are split up from next year(2013-2016).
    They lot of money is even non 1%, of Shaikh Khalifa of Abu Dhabi, just for your info...
    Last edited by DARKMAN; 27-01-2012 at 02:50 AM.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to DARKMAN For This Useful Post:

    manic01 (27-01-2012)

  19. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @DarkMan
    Aljazeera is supported by the government of Qatar .. are you saying that Shaikh Khalifa of Abu Dhabi have money more than the State Of Qatar.

    -------

    @topic .
    Aljazeera is trying to get the rights of EPL in Middle East whatever it takes .. besides its trying also to get the rights inside UK .. they trying to repeat what they did in France but this time in UK getting over Sky and ESPN.

    anyway .. i hope so .

    btw: aljazeera sport official subscription prices in ME . is not more than 130 to 140 usd .. which means less than 100 .. the highest prices may get near 130 .. so as you saying the current price is 150 .. im saying it maybe get near 200


    Regards.
    Last edited by ZILZAL; 02-02-2012 at 09:45 PM.

  20. #14
    V.I.P DARKMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,062
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 383 Times in 126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZILZAL View Post
    @DarkMan
    Aljazeera is supported by the government of Qatar .. are you saying that Shaikh Khalifa of Abu Dhabi have money more than the State Of Qatar.



    -------

    @topic .
    Aljazeera is trying to get the rights of EPL in Middle East whatever it takes .. besides its trying also to get the rights inside UK .. they trying to repeat what they did in France but this time in UK getting over Sky and ESPN.

    anyway .. i hope so .

    btw: aljazeera sport official subscription prices in ME . is not more than 130 to 140 usd .. which means less than 100 .. the highest prices may get near 130 .. so as you saying the current price is 150 .. im saying it maybe get near 200


    Regards.
    Same is for Abu Dhabi Sports too.... is Support from Abu Dhabi State and just to let you know

    Shaikh Khalifa of Abu Dhabi is the state it self. and is 10.000 time more reach then Small State of Qatar....

    Is no paragons between the Shaikh Khalifa of Abu Dhabi and QATAR it self too.

    Evne for that s Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE, and Ruler of Dubai gave the name of Burj Dubai to Burj Khalifa .that last cost Estimated construction costs were US$1.5 billion[2] requiring 22 million man-hours .

    In real calculation only what he got like a small toy gift cost 1 Million years EPL. in Money. LOL

    You are dreaming My freind when you say to get the rights for UK ! maybe you have no idea what really going on.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DARKMAN; 06-02-2012 at 08:55 PM.

  21. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    158
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
    If JSC win the UK viewing rights then prices will be totally different to those in the middle east. Don't forget that the JSC cards that we have all loved over the years are not intended for the UK market.

    If they do take the viewing rights from Sky/ESPN then subscriptions will be on a par with current prices. The premier league is what it is because of Sky & I really don't think the FA will forget that.

  22. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dought they will get all rights for that amount of time but jsc is a great package and shows plenty of live games.

    If they did get those rights i reckon at most it would only double in price as i dought thier subscribers in the arabland would stand for such a hike in price anyway.

    I would pay 450 tho hehe if they did.

  23. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can have them for free on nilesat 101/102 at:JSC sports at 10853 H ; Abu Dhabi sports 1, 2 and dubai sports 2 at 1222H .
    Enyoj it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •