Thread: new to spiderbox 9000hd

V.I.P
    Thanks

new to spiderbox 9000hd

i have for the last 3 years used a fortecstar passion and a diablo cam...now my box has packed up completely...yesterday i ordered from our sponsor...spiderbox 9000 hd...hoping it will arrive on monday.
    i will not be connecting the box to net,i my look into that at a later date(running it direct to tv from dish)

straight out of the box,after putting in latitude etc...and scanning satalites in...will my diablo2 cam
    still work....(so i can use it like my fortec and diablo set up) or do i need to download anything and install it on box
    also...do i even need the diablo cam...
    i have read about patchs...that you install by usb pen drive...and that for me is the confuseing part...
    i do not know which i should put on box...
    at moment i have got...a fortecstar doorstop,1 metre dish,darkmotor.
    thanks in advance for any help,advice given

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The Spiderbox does use Softcam keys but if using your Diablo cam perhaps it's best to ignore this. You will be missing out on a lot of channels if you don't connect it to your router, it's extremely easy to patch and set up.

Spiderbox 9000 HD 80cm dish Lnbs main 13e primaries 19e & 0.8w also Sky HD
    Thanks
    I would agree with Mickha using Spider so much easier to do than playing around with Diablo found Spiderbox Box got very hot with Diablo cam fitted with no real benefit. Fitting Spider to router is so straight forward even having to use Homeplugs took no more than half an hour to set up. I would keep things simple m8 turn on gift so simple using guides.

Thanks
    personally I cant see what adding a diablo would give compared to the spiderbox patch and turning on UCAS and adding the spiderbox HDsoftcam

and as mentioned if you add the router cable and turn on ethernet you get the best of both , no need for a diablo cam at all

V.I.P
    Thanks
    thankyou guys for pointing me in the right direction...i will do as you have all said...
    once again satpimps guys turn up trumps...thats what makes this forum so good

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    If you cant run an ethernet lead from your router you could use a vonets wifi bridge to run the spider on your wifi signal.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    recieved my spiderbox today...followed echelon easy set up guide...got the patchs etc..updated...
    connected to router...set my long and lat...box did rest itself...now useing my new spiderbox.and gift
    thankyou so much to the people who guided me...and big thanks to the guys who post patchs...
    updates etc...
    and thankyou to lee at goldwafers for providing such exellant service and sponsoring this forum
    Last edited by EXTRAFACTO; 12-12-2011 at 09:15 PM.