2d to 3d converters

anyone have any info on these converters seem to
    be to good to be true for £40/50

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 470 Posts

Icon3

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...amp-Converters

Check this link to one of the lower priced converters.
    h**p://www.lgblog.co.uk/2010/06/the-secrets-of-2d-to-3d-conversion/

Thanks
    would be interesting to know of someone in uk using one

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    I already asked this question months ago, bearing in mind I spent nearly £5K on an all dancing all singing wireless Panasonic 54" TV at tyhe start of 2010 - only to find that 6 mths later they brought out their 3D models!
    Pannie wont DO a converter as its not a viable option, despite Samsumg already carrying them, allegedly producing an inferior effect - so you takes your pick!

Thanks
    Holmroad, If you check the specs of the Panasonic Blue Ray player:-DMP-BDT310 you'll find that it has a 2D to 3D Converter built in!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Baker View Post
    Holmroad, If you check the specs of the Panasonic Blue Ray player:-DMP-BDT310 you'll find that it has a 2D to 3D Converter built in!!
    Thanks Tony, but my point was that I really needed a converter to fit on to my all singing all dancing, (but NOT 3D) Panasonic TV mate!

Thanks
    it have converting from 2d to 3d in asia countery
    but it not the same like real tv 3d

Thanks
    The only 2D to 3D for TV converters I've heard of are by Samsung - but its alleged they arent up to much!

Thanks
    I picked up an egreat 2d to 3d convertor from flee bay... and i have to say it does a decent job.

2d - 3d conversion on a 3d tv is brilliant. the anaglynph converision for 2d tvs is not that good. maybe its just me i never was able to see 3d with them pesky red and blue glasses!

but for 40 quid its awesome kit

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SAUS04 View Post
    I picked up an egreat 2d to 3d convertor from flee bay... and i have to say it does a decent job.

2d - 3d conversion on a 3d tv is brilliant. the anaglynph converision for 2d tvs is not that good. maybe its just me i never was able to see 3d with them pesky red and blue glasses!

but for 40 quid its awesome kit
    Is that for a Samsung mate - or another make?

Thanks
    any tv it will work for. check your inbox i sent you a link probs find it cheap

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SAUS04 For This Useful Post:

holmroad (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Ordered it mate, they assured me it WILL work alongside European standards video, so its just a case of waiting and trying it - think it was approx £35, including postage from USA - includes TWO pairs of specs you need (its usually one from there!) so itll soon be a case of suck it and see!
    I still maintain I wont like using the dreaded specs, but at present its beggars cant be choosers!
    It will also be interesting to see how this gadget performs when Panasonic assured me there was NO converter available for their 2D TV's!

Thanks

Question Converter

Anxiously awaiting delivery of my 2D to 3D converter - its in the country now but probably going through customs!
    My main concern is that whilst they assure me it will convert 'basic' 2D transmissions into a 3D watchable format, that it may NOT be able to convert a 'genuine' 3D transmission into its 3D version, thus meaning I will lose 'something' from the conversion process if it doesnt recognise genuine 3D signals - the ones with two pictures in parallel!

Thanks
    I now have the converter, which allegedly converts 'ordinary' 2D video into 3D!
    Well it does try, but whilst using the old fashioned red/blue specs I do get a lot of unwanted colour all over the place, especially while viewing in daylight.
    However, when using a 3D source video into 3D it works very well, converting the two side by side vids into ONE, which when viewed thru specs provided gives very acceptable 3D effect!
    So yes a proper 3D TV is best - but still with need for dreaded specs, which irritate me as always - and they do get steamed up very easily (no not THAT!! lol!!)
    So yes its enabled me to watch genuine 3D transmissions in 3D, but I couldnt afford a proper 3D TV, which MUST bhe best way forward!
    Better than nothing though - still cant wait for TV's with big screens enabled to view 3D - but WITHOUT the need for specs!

Thanks
    Hey Holmroad, I also have a Panasonic HD TV and can receive many 3 side by side Chns, so can you let me know where to get this converter and the approx price?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Baker View Post
    Hey Holmroad, I also have a Panasonic HD TV and can receive many 3 side by side Chns, so can you let me know where to get this converter and the approx price?

Pls check your PM's Tony!
    Regards, holmroad

Verified Registered User scrapman's Avatar
    Thanks
    @holmroad
    I have powedvd 10 and that has a "convert 2d to 3d" option on it, not sure if you can get it to do it on the fly with a live source so I recored some stuff and played it back with powerdvd's 3d converter on and you can see the red/blue haze so it's doing something, (not got any specs yet) could you give it a go for me and compair the result to your 2d to 3d converter box please, if it's about the same I'm going to get some specs and give it a go.
    Not sure if it works better with HD either? I thought the F1 would be nice in 3d........

Scrapman
    Last edited by scrapman; 19-03-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: spelling