Thread: New to Icecrypt

Thanks

New to Icecrypt

Hello all,
    I am getting a icecrypt 3500 HD tomorrow.
    How to flash this box and how to install cccam?
    This is the only forum i have found with an icecrypt section so i hope i ended up in the right place.
    I have experience in flashing boxes going back to the old technomate and clarke tech receivert up to dreamboxes.
    Any help would be most welcome
    Regards
    zero

Thanks
    Welcome to the FORUM zero_cool.
    Your new receiver is from the Fortis stable (HS-7110 hd pvr)There are a number of resellers of this receiver.
    Have a look here- _http://wiki.arcon-friends.net/index.php/Fortis_Modelle
    That should help you when you are trying to obtain info on your receiver,all the models are basically the same apart from the reseller ID's.
    Hope this helps. Good luck with your new receiver.

Thanks
    Thanks for the info grumpydave,
    Looked at the site but it doesn't tell me how to install cccam
    Any info would be great

Thanks
    if its anything like the S4000 - u download the plugin (folder) and put that on a memory stick...when you insert the stick, it asks if you want to install it...

Thanks
    zero_cool.

My first post was just for general information,as your receiver shares a lot of features with the other models available so you will be able to look elsewhere when the answer is not available on the icecrypt forum.
    The info you were asking about is here,

You will need the Xcam plugin which is the CCCam Client for the Icecrypt S3500, S4000 and STC6000 range of recievers.
    Download the plugin folder onto a USB memory key and pop it into the S3500. Press the red button when the pop up appears.
    Go to the plugin menu and use Xcam config to enter your c-line then start the client.
    For a 7 day EPG from Astra 28east use the express epg blue button in the epg menu.
    Dont forget the you **** addon if your into that sort of thing.
    That should get you started mate.

Thanks
    Thanks for the info manik and grumpy. Was wondering can i also ftp my lines to the receiver?

Thanks
    just edit the files in the plugin before installing

you will find plugins and explanations of the line formats in the sections and stickies at the top of this forum

I can ftp into my s4000 , no idea about your 3500

Thanks
    which files i need to edit? could you post a link?

Thanks
    I suggest you do some reading seeing as you are new here

the forum is for asking questions not covered already in the various sections , especially the plugins and tools sections

you didnt even read the sticky thread called "glossary" when you asked you cccam question earlier , as its clearly stated in there that xcam is used

research is the key function here m8 , and you are just not following the basics of reading everything in sight on the subject

Thanks
    read the glossary https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ed-on-Icecrypt , and understand terms like xcam etc. i was asking how to load it onto the box. cant find a sticky on that. all is for the s4000. my box is a s3500.
    for example the glossary points me to this link: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...-5-by-KinkDink

This is also only for the s4000. nowhere is written if it also works on a s3500
    regards zero

Thanks
    should be the same , try it and see

the plugins tell you what models they are for , so if its the same family of models plugin , its the same details in the config , obviously , the model has nothing to do with the issue , if the model type is included in the plugin description , then its the same details for all of the ones mentioned

the fact is that when kinkdink wrote that info there probably wasnt a s3500 , it came later , but it doesnt make the explanation any less relevant

the point is that you should look through the plugins section for details on plugins , why would there be a sticky in here on plugins when there is a dedicated icecrypt plugin section ?

it has been stated on several occasions how to load in a plugin using a usb stick by placing the plugin folder on the root of that stick

as I said earlier , do more reading

V.I.P
    i do not support by pm please do posts on the forums
    Thanks
    All Plugin's and installation procedures are the same for S3500, S4000 and STC6000. The only differences between the models are Hardware features which allow extra functions but all basic functions are the same.

Thanks
    Thanks for the info. Got the stb, but it is faulty :( Not powering on i.e. no standby light etc on stb when plugged into mains. Will have to return it to seller. Will keep you posted guys

Thanks
    Hey forum,

My first post here. I too have this box and would greatfuly appreciate any info on where to get started with it.
    Currently its out of the box and powered up and connected to my AVR but further to this I am a bit lost as to how to get it up and running.

There seems to be alot of info about DM's VD's etc but I have not yet found much on ICE other than here.

I am a newb yes but tech savvy.

Any advice on what to do first greatfully received.

I have downloaded the xcam plugin but dont want to load it until i fond a c line etc. Unless it makes no difference that is.

Also got the ICE Installer V1.5

Please be kind. I know I have alot to learn, and yes done some extensive reading but I need a framework to understand whow this stuff works.

Many thanks in advance.

Ron.