Thread: AZBox - back from e2 to official firmware

In the beeches
    Thanks

AZBox - back from e2 to official firmware

I have tested different enigma2 images and successfuly used AZup to load the images, all very simple and no problems.

I now want to go back to official (or more precisely the MOF RSI 0.9.0000 version) - what is the best method?

AZup is preferred because I've used it before, but the instructions are slighty confusing. Jazup instructions are clearer, but I have not used Jazup so far in my tests.

Would prefer to hear from someone who has actually loaded official firmware on an e2 converted box to hear of any potential pitfalls and inconsistency in the instructions.

Thanks

Thanks
    Hola
    I did that a few month back

ended up with a dead Elite

So, read all about it before - much better that after.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dig Deep For This Useful Post:

Burnham (05-11-2011)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Ok with Azup

1 - downloadlatest RTI image
    2 -In the package there is a folder called "BackToOfficial" ( in this folder you find a patch.e2 file wich is 6,50 mb )
    3 - Start up Azup 2.13 set ipadress form box and press:

GO under installE2/Kernel

Azup will test if box is in resque mode ( if it's not in resque mode it will reboot the box in resque mode then you have to start step 1 again )

4 - Azup will ask for the patch.e2 file, select the file from the BackToOfficial folder ( 6,5mb)
    5 - Azup will load the patch file when done the box reboots in normal upgrade mode there you can select option4 ( format application arrea ) and then 1 install usb ( off course at this step you need the patch.bin file from the MOF firmware on usb

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp95 For This Useful Post:

Burnham (05-11-2011)

In the beeches
    Thanks
    Thanks Carp95 for the very clear instructions. Will be doing the reload of official firmware next week, will report back if all goes well.

Thanks
    Thank vou Carp95.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    ok i am new to e2, i have it in my premium plus and i dont like so i want to go back to official fw my question is where do i put
    rti image, do i put it in azup or do i put it on a usb and put that in the azbox.
    i dont want to jtag it but i can if need be.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    got it back to offical firmware with Jazup by Hector & Pr2, this is a great program to use on the azbox.
    just wanted to thanks to Hector & Pr2.

Thanks
    I know this thread is almost 2 yrs old but it's relevant to my situation. I've just bought an azbox premium + hd and it came with Openrsi image installed. I've since learned (on this forum) that only the original firmware will display mpeg 4 feeds in 4:2:2 which is what I bought the box for. Considering the azbox I have is now out of production there's a chance it's a clone and my questions are, is it safe to try original firmware if it is a clone, and if it is a clone will it clear 4:2:2 feeds in mpeg 4 with original firmware?
    Thanks in advance for any info.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by installer View Post
    I know this thread is almost 2 yrs old but it's relevant to my situation. I've just bought an azbox premium + hd and it came with Openrsi image installed. I've since learned (on this forum) that only the original firmware will display mpeg 4 feeds in 4:2:2 which is what I bought the box for. Considering the azbox I have is now out of production there's a chance it's a clone and my questions are, is it safe to try original firmware if it is a clone, and if it is a clone will it clear 4:2:2 feeds in mpeg 4 with original firmware?
    Thanks in advance for any info.
    i use openrsi on my azboz hd and get 422 with no problem

Thanks
    Can you confirm that it clears mpeg 4 transmissions pleeese.. It's my first E2 box and I'm not at all comfortable with it, also a big part of me buying this box was for youtube but I can't get it to work at all, also can't see no place in settings for rf modulator settings any ideas?
    Last edited by installer; 04-02-2014 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks

Icon6 why move from Ofw to e2 or openpli?????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Burnham View Post
    I have tested different enigma2 images and successfuly used AZup to load the images, all very simple and no problems.

I now want to go back to official (or more precisely the MOF RSI 0.9.0000 version) - what is the best method?

AZup is preferred because I've used it before, but the instructions are slighty confusing. Jazup instructions are clearer, but I have not used Jazup so far in my tests.

Would prefer to hear from someone who has actually loaded official firmware on an e2 converted box to hear of any potential pitfalls and inconsistency in the instructions.

Thanks

guys I played a lot with different fw, and found that the Ofw, is much better than e2 or openpli, since a part youtube with the ofw I can use the full functionality of my azbox hd+...